which is more broke

• injustice

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • mkxl

Votes: 79 60.3%

• Total voters

kevkopdx

Noob
I can't believe how many ppl prefer the current 50/50 bullshit in MKXL over the 50/50 game in IGAU.

At least there was zoning and defense in IGAU. It definitely had its flaws, but if you remove interactables and dlc characters, IGAU felt like a very solid game that just needed better walk speed
agree agree agree... i still cant get over the fact that soooo many ppl complained about batgirl yet are somehow ok with 50/50s in mkx... its like mass amnesia... batgirl would fit perfectly in mkx lol

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
No one even mentions how crazy Sinestro was
Sinestro was awesome, a hidden gem outside of his zoning. The only justified complaint anyone should have is the pushblock glitch he had that caused an outbreak on the site. Anyone in the top 5 would shit on Sinestro if not be even.

Last edited:

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Sinestro was awesome, a hidden gem outside of his zoning. The only justified complaint anyone should have is the pushblock glitch he had that caused an outbreak on the site. Anyone in the top 5 would shit on Sinestro if not be even.
Uhhh meter less vortex in a game with no breaker?

Crusty

With great footsie tools trait that shut down the other player and great walk speed and a lot of good corner stuff. His d2 and his zoning. Character was frustrating.
His d2 is not much used as a good anti-air (in fact its a little overrated and punishable) than a good footsie tool, people use it preemptively. At a higher level, that character is beatable. But I know what your saying as he is a bad matchup for lantern and arrow (both characters which I also played.)

Also, I know about the character, he's my main (one of them at least). We gotta play sometime

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
His d2 is not much used as a good anti-air (in fact its a little overrated and punishable) than a good footsie tool, people use it preemptively. At a higher level, that character is beatable. But I know what your saying as he is a bad matchup for lantern and arrow (both characters which I also played.)

Also, I know about the character, he's my main (one of them at least). We gotta play sometime
D2 can be canceled

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
for those of us who played both games what do you think is harder to block mkx mix ups and hard to blockables or injustice's shenanigans
IMO injustice was harder because for mkx most of the hard to blockables came from a few set ups.
but injustice had so many fucking set ups and the back blocking added a third element to the 50/50's and then you rememeber than stuff like dashing through a character while charging an overhead Then Becomes A Cross up THAT CAN GO INTO A LOW OR AN OVERHEAD ACTUALLY EXISTS *sigh* fucking honeybee
what do you guys think
Well, what most people miss in Injustice are that there were a bevy of defensive tools:
1) MB b3/f3 universal armor
2) Mostly invincible backdashes
3) Semi-invincible wakeups
4) Pushblock
5) Clash, which was often able to reset momentum

In addition to that, there were key game design differences:
1) Far fewer half-screen advancing starters and long-range 50/50's
2) Zoning was strong, so some characters were tricky to get in on/rush down
3) Less MB-special for plus frames into continuous pressure. There was some of it, but in general pressure was pretty well done. Batman is a great example of a character who had pressure, but was pretty fundamental-based and had interesting gameplay.
4) No run button, which means you weren't necessarily in for free after every KD, and pushblock meant more
etc.
5) Bigger stages, and (for the most part) less corner carry, meaning that players weren't constantly in the corner

So in the end, the 50/50s in Injustice counterbalanced the strong defensive tools and slower movement to lead to much more diversified gameplay. Aside from obvious examples (Batgirl loops), most of the game had a kind of ebb/flow from offensive to defensive. Wheras in MKX, 50/50's dominate the gameplay a lot more, due to the fact that people are *always* in, staying in, and constantly mixing you up.

This is why comparing an isolated aspect of the game is like comparing apples and oranges.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
In Injustice at least you had measures to deal with the amounts of Bs. In MKX you're force to hold godlike pressure and mixups almost always, and even when you're right defensively you're still in a bad spot afterwards half the time.

MKX bs is much worse imo.
This is exactly true. All other things said are not as true.

Crusty

Not a legitimate hard to blockable
Realistically there is not such thing as a true 'hard to blockable'. There are always situations where there will be a gap depending on how you block.

I'm not talking about the laser cancel into wraith grab, there is a legit setup Zod has that is a dumb HTB

Realistically there is not such thing as a true 'hard to blockable'. There are always situations where there will be a gap depending on how you block.

I'm not talking about the laser cancel into wraith grab, there is a legit setup Zod has that is a dumb HTB
Haha Bro there are true hard to blockables. That's why they're called hard to blockables, not impossible to blockables. Of course you can block correctly, it's just really "HARD".