which is more broke

• injustice

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • mkxl

Votes: 79 60.3%

• Total voters

omooba

fear the moobs
Wait is someone saying Zatanna was as much a pain to deal with as doomsday's pressure?

Spend 15 minutes in the lab with Aquaman then any time you run into a Zatanna tada you basically win with no match up knowledge because your tool set heavily skews everything in your favor. No heavy execution required on your part. It's Aquaman.
i swear there was a tournament where aquaman won a round with only d1 trident rush

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yea I answered that

1.25 chip x4 isn't gonna kill u

In injustice the wraith was extremely punishable in mkxl wraith grab would be +5

The guaranteed interactables was stupid and should have "scaled" in end of combo and shouldn't have been allowed w wraith out
Wat. It was trait > safe mix up city > back to zoning for 5 seconds or whatever the recovery was. Explain what you mean by extremely punishable.

Wigy

There it is...
Injustice was more centered around 50/50s cause the fucking god awful movement speed, maps the size of jupiter and all the accidental bullshit crossup setups. Ones where the person doing it didnt even know what the shit was going on.

Fucking terrible terrible game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
opinion dosn't enter into it. In the same way you can not have an opinion about if the earth is flat or not... people can say it is flat but they are just wrong.. end of story.

There is no way anyone can say MKx is more broke than injustice.. it is just insane nostalgia driven BS.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
*MK9 era ends* - "Finally this game is gonna die along with all its BS! time to play Injustice*

*Injustice era ends* - "OH God thanks, finally we get to bury this crap! i miss MK9"

*MKX era* (still going) - "oh c'mon bring back Injustice / Mk9, we cant take this shitty game no more, those were true FG!"

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
They're both pretty bad. No one even mentions how crazy Sinestro was. I kind of feel like playing it again lol. But injustice had good dashes and push block and invincible wake ups.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Injustice had hardly any chip damage , so mixing your opponent was mandatory. In mkx , you can pressure people to death and throw in 50/50's , then make them plus or safe with no risk. Idk man its a hard question.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If you compare the current version of Mortal Kombat XL to the latest version of Injustice, the reality is that few differences exist between the mix ups. The top tier Injustice characters (i.e., Bane, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro, The Flash, and Zod) all have 50/50 mix ups and/or vortexes. With the exception of Aquaman, the top tier Injustice characters play similarly to the top tier Mortal Kombat XL characters. For example, people complained about pre-patch Quan Chi and EX rune, yet Martian Manhunter has an EX orb that is twice as advantageous as EX rune used to be.

The real difference is the lack of a run button. If Injustice had a run button, even a character like Joker would be able to corner you and apply the vortex consistently. In Mortal Kombat XL, every character runs, closes the gap very quickly, and applies mix ups. Even the best zoning in the game is no match for the run button.

Injustice had actual crossups so that made it slightly different because you had to be specific for the jump in overhead instead of just not pressing down

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If you compare the current version of Mortal Kombat XL to the latest version of Injustice, the reality is that few differences exist between the mix ups. The top tier Injustice characters (i.e., Bane, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro, The Flash, and Zod) all have 50/50 mix ups and/or vortexes. With the exception of Aquaman, the top tier Injustice characters play similarly to the top tier Mortal Kombat XL characters. For example, people complained about pre-patch Quan Chi and EX rune, yet Martian Manhunter has an EX orb that is twice as advantageous as EX rune used to be.

The real difference is the lack of a run button. If Injustice had a run button, even a character like Joker would be able to corner you and apply the vortex consistently. In Mortal Kombat XL, every character runs, closes the gap very quickly, and applies mix ups. Even the best zoning in the game is no match for the run button.
That's why I found it less annoying in Injustice. For the most part they had to be started into a vortex or as an oki setup, so most characters had ways to prevent those kinds of guessing game situations in the neutral game. Whereas in MKX you can just run in and/or use plus frames into mixups.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Injustice had a way more insane knockdown ambiguous bull**** game while MKX has an almost equally ridiculous run up in someone's face at light speed and guess bull**** game. Although they are both nuanced, ultimately they still both smell like a big poo poo.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
How the hell is this a debate? There's no question injustice was more dumb with its 50/50s. A lot of people fail to realize that a 50/50 doesn't just refer to a character that has both low and overhead starters. A 50/50 is guess what the hell im gonna do with all my options. Half of the bullshit that you dealt with in IGAU was taken away with block button in mkx. Cross ups alone, whether it being a jump in cross up, f3 cross ups, forward moving moves that cross up in certain situations, corpse hops, etc made it more dumb.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
In MKX, I count about 30 characters with 50/50's. In Injustice, I count about 15.
Injustice - 30 characters, MKX - 99 characters. Injustice 50% 50/50, MKX - 30% 50/50 :DOGE
Tbh, they're both just as bad. But Batgirl alone was enough to dissipate all IGAU hype in a second.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Injustice had more mixups but were somewhat 'balanced' by the slower pace and better defensive options, whereas MKX has more straightforward yet effective mixups that are made even worse due to the ease as which they're applied and the lack of defensive options.

So I'd say MKX's 50/50s are scarier due to them being easier to apply and harder to escape from.