What's new

General/Other - Sorcerer MKXL Sorcerer Quan

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Sorcerer has, in fact, been buffed

Thank you NRS for all the small changes since the beta you made that have actually made sorcerer better than he was before. In fact, they buffed the amount he drained on hit and block from the beta so that he drains absurd...and i mean ABSURD amounts of meter.

Thank you for leaving the guaranteed chip death trap in (well, at least the 92% that ive been able to do so far)

I am still mildly annoyed at you for nerfing trance recovery, and am now upset that you heavily nerfed the gravity on air skull mid combo. :mad::mad:

But overall i'd say you actually made him stronger. you silly silly fools :eek:

Goat-City

Banned
It's not that simple. In the corner you can do 95% with 4 bars of meter while building half an extra bar back as long as they don't have a bar to armor out. Specials build more meter now apparently, at least on block. Before the patch it wasn't possible to do 4 bar combos with Sorcerer in the corner without using Gustave's instant air skull combos. Even if they do have a bar of meter you can still bait and punish their reversal attempt as long as it's slower than 12 frames.

However, it looks like they can just take the hit of the regular rune since you can't hit confirm the delayed MB rune on reaction, so he has no chip combos without the EX skull now unless you're a computer with perfect reactions.

Also, midscreen with the rune trap you can do about 48 for 2 bars, 62 for 3, and 75 for 4. Doesn't matter if they can take the hit though.

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
Back with your downplaying eh? You are wrong, he was buffed, and the new meter drain buff is so OP its quite hilarious. I expect it to get hotfixed or nerfed in the next patch
Well I didn't take into account the meter drain buffs after the beta. Purple runes on block now drain almost as much meter as they did on hit pre-beta. So he's probably at least as good as he was before. I still disagree with the design choices they made though.

Goat-City

Banned
Ok so it's still possible to crossover punch after trance from all of your starters, it's just arbitrarily difficult. Off f2122, 4 into trance you have to do a quick run cancel now instead of a forward dash, then crossover. Off b321 it's way more consistent now to do 3 into trance into JIP than it is with 4 into trance. So either do b324, 3 trance, immediate jump in punch, or b324, 3 trance, quick run cancel, crossover punch. For raw b2 into trance it's really weird from the closest possible range. You have to take an extremely short step back, then crossover punch immediately after. I can do it consistently but it needs a bit of practice.

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
New mid screen chip combo for 2 bars - F2122, NJP, 4 EX trance, hex, 4, 14 EX skull, d2 - 48%. Not much reason to do this though when you can just do 44% for 2 bars while draining 2 bars of their meter. That combo is f2122, 4 EX trance, black magic, crossover punch f2122, 4 mid rune, MB rune, far rune.

Goat-City

Banned
New mid screen chip combo for 2 bars - F2122, NJP, 4 EX trance, hex, 4, 14 EX skull, d2 - 48%. Not much reason to do this though when you can just do 44% for 2 bars while draining 2 bars of their meter. That combo is f2122, 4 EX trance, black magic, crossover punch f2122, 4 mid rune, MB rune, far rune.
Nevermind, forgot they can just take the hit of the EX skull mid screen so it's essentially a 43% combo for 2 bars. That means there are no more viable chip spell combos midscreen with the MB rune or the EX skull unfortunately. RIP skeleton brutality.

Goat-City

Banned
Anyone else have any new opinions or tech on XL Sorcerer? I discovered some really interesting data about the purple spell in training mode over the last 2 days, gonna post a thread on it once I decide what I think about it.

@Under_The_Mayo

Mayo, this is for you...since you did it to me, i raise you... my 1 bar combo!!!

incidentally, my midscreen damage got buffed as well, NRS you silly dogs you.

I'll see your 1 bar combo, and raise you a starter from no portal=

This uses the fact that high airborne characters pre trance add extra frames to trance's advantage due to Quan's recovery being mitigated by the time it takes for the body to start walking.

Incidentally, this can also be used by summoner to allow regular trance bat combos midscreen from nj.p starter or air j.1 > b.2 starter as well as any corner starter that isn't a grounded raw b2>trance

@Gustavness @Under_The_Mayo @STB Shujinkydink

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

This uses the fact that high airborne characters pre trance add extra frames to trance's advantage due to Quan's recovery being mitigated by the time it takes for the body to start walking.

Incidentally, this can also be used by summoner to allow regular trance bat combos midscreen from nj.p starter or air j.1 > b.2 starter as well as any corner starter that isn't a grounded raw b2>trance

Discovered this yesterday too, off a very deep NJP and trance hits the opponent at max height, Summoner can summon his bat and combo with a S2 afterwards, couldnt get anything else after it though.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer

Youve always been able to do this pre and post patch off of normal trance, corner or no corner. My vid was all about maximum drainage baby!!

Incidentally it is possible to do 1 extra air skull in mine but extraordinarly difficult and situational. Should also mention that a deep njp you can do a black magic and still land 14xxtrance too. Situational but i have done it in matches

Youve always been able to do this pre and post patch off of normal trance, corner or no corner. My vid was all about maximum drainage baby!!

Incidentally it is possible to do 1 extra air skull in mine but extraordinarly difficult and situational. Should also mention that a deep njp you can do a black magic and still land 14xxtrance too. Situational but i have done it in matches
Yeah, it was mainly a way to make a post-patch normal trance combo to include a portal and make it easier and practical. The timing/execution is nonviable without the air modification for me and I mainly see it as a combo to use as green portal expires or want a standing reset with purple out. Also not viable with red portal due to its mega recovery.

For summoner, it's possible to get full old school meterless bat combos in the corner with it, but the scaling change is so much that the only thing you really gain is meter from your mid combo bat summon and ground skull. Not completely useless, but still way better for sorc as meter management is what sorc does best.