What's new

MKXL Patch Notes 3-29-16

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well, at least a move being -32 instead of -62 isn't as bad as losing 5% damage on all important BnBs. Still, you have a point.

Patch notes have not been released yet as far as I know, we'll have to wait until Paulo runs out of the popcorn he's eating while viewing this thread.

How come you don't play the game anymore?
Dark Souls

Isn't it? Sure feels like it.
-32. It's still punishable by virtually anything, though. But the misinformation thing applies to many many things in this game. False in-game frame data and people not testing their stuff is to blame.

CSZ: f1,3 into iceball no longer connects. Seems iceball startup is now slower(26 frames)

EDIT it doesn't connect VS Kitana
EDIT EDIT seems it doesn't connect vs female characters
I guess CSZ has to spend meter to combo now. Is F2 a mid yet?

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Leatherface (Killer) f2 has less hitstun so it's much easier to now escape the setup.
Butcher's 22 has less hitstun, no vortex now.

E

Eldriken

Folks should be happy that they're at least trying to remove the dumb shit that came about with the introduction of the KP2 characters. At least they're somewhat going to be on an even playing field as the rest of the cast.

MK9 and Injustice sure didn't receive this type of balancing treatment.

Oh.God.No.Please tell me what nerfs he got. :( I'm gonna have to update the whhhhhooooolllleeeeeee combo thread.
after 3 air bombs u cant bring out more to extend combo only few more ground bombs
damage got stupidly nerfed
after normal or exbomb you cant use net.
they just gave him armor wakeup and u cant combo off it.
the net time is so quick, u cant do s4 bomb combos
he is DEAD.
he died 1hr ago

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Folks should be happy that they're at least trying to remove the dumb shit that came about with the introduction of the KP2 characters. At least they're somewhat going to be on an even playing field as the rest of the cast.

They tried. But failed horribly.

Remember Kabal's Ground Saws being made to hit high(mid) and the removal of Jax's resets only at the cost of neutering Sindel and Jade's damage outputs?

Remember Martian getting buffed?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

This is very true. More important, NRS did a very smart move allowing all DLCs to go out at once, it saves patches and balance goes faster.

I really hope from here in out, they don't tease us with DLC release dates if they're coming in packs, better release 4 DLCs at once, and tweak all of them in one patch instead of one character per patch.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs

The only thing that was dumb about Bo Rai Cho was the hope that he might actually get some buffs. He is straight up ass crack and he stays no-point-in-looking-here-tier

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew

I'm honestly curious as to whether this patch was planned in advance of the KP2 release. The idea being that the characters will knowingly be released with certain overly powerful features to boost initial sales with a scheduled patch about a month later to preserve long term balance.

hisoka

Noob
Here's some Kitana :)
d3 6 frames thats in general.
assassin princes parry 7frames used to be 8 or 9.

Predator f2,1 plus 1 on block. Thats what i found out for my mains

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Does Smoke's b1 combo into smoke ball or is it still the stupidest bug ever that people are okay with for some dumb reason

E

Eldriken

They tried. But failed horribly.

Remember Kabal's Ground Saws being made to hit high(mid) and the removal of Jax's resets only at the cost of neutering Sindel and Jade's damage outputs?

Remember Martian getting buffed?
Which is precisely why I pointed out that MK9 and Injustice didn't receive the same balancing treatment as MKX. They're putting forth a lot more effort to balance this game properly compared to their previous track record. While it's not always the best/most needed change, at least they're still attempting to at this point of the game's life. They're notorious for dropping support after a year or so.