What's new

Match Footage - Thunder God MKXL Pakistan Karachi Matches MKRayden vs. Justnajm

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This wasn't half bad at all! Since you're on xbox, could we play a couple sets some time?

There aren't any replies yet so I guess I'll just talk about your Raiden. I saw some pretty good things, jumping over the Spit and converting it to a full combo, punishing Reptile's unsafe stuff quite well. Something I also noticed in around the middle of the video, you confirmed your jump-in into a superman, which surprised me. You saw that the Reptile was going to block your jump-in so instead you did an air superman to get back to fullscreen. Of course air superman has a thousand recovery frames and can get you full combo punished on whiff, but it was impressive nonetheless.

Still, there are several things you should work on. First of all, you're doing far too many B2s for my tastes. You can always go for B32 to get free meter and a conversion if it hits. In one of the matches shown I'm pretty sure you never went for the low option even once. B2 is a high risk, high reward option, and as such you have to use it sparingly. Another thing was that you often dropped combos or went for pretty low-damage ones. It's better to always go for the consistent option that does good damage (so the BnBs basically), because several times you did B11 during a midscreen combo instead of a B14, causing you to drop the combo. Something to keep in mind. Also you use a ton of NJPs. Not a bad thing per se, but don't overdo it. Pretty sure I once saw 3 NJPs very quickly after one another. Reptile can catch your NJPs with spit or forceball so be careful with your NJPs.

Overall though, you did pretty well. I saw a couple of very good reads and you do generally know how Thunder God works. You have my Raiden stamp of approval.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
In Karachi????WUUUUTTTTT???I'm from Karachi, i'll be moving back there in June or July.

I'd love to have some online sets once i get ps plus!

Ok, on topic:
DDutchguy says it all abou the raiden tbh lol.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Nice work. Everything DDutch Guy said was on point. About the b2, I'd add that u should try hit confirming/option selecting a bit more as if u see the first hit is blocked, u should convert it to electrocute a little more to make it safer presuming u read it quick enough. And b32 is ur best friend as u could combo of it and get some dmg to keep the 50/50 game going and don't try to jump over the set acid ball as in the footage u did get nailed by it when u tried jik. But overall u have a nice thunder god raiden