What's new

MKXL Interactables Frame Data List

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Here is a list of the frame data that I have collected from the interactables in all of the stages.

First of all, a little disclaimer before we get started - this is not 100% accurate yet. This is my first time actually recording a game at 60fps then counting all of the frames one by one. Some of the numbers may be out by a few frames. If there's something you DESPERATELY need me to re-check then let me know and I'll be happy to do so. I'm going to be going over all of the interactables again to make corrections but for now, this a rough draft.

**The startup is also including the first active frame so the 'real' startup would be what I have listed subtract one. Technically I think the term is 'execution', if I learned anything from Somberness's work.**

If I've missed anything then let me know.

Slide = Characters who slide on the floor to hit the interactables
Scoop = Characters like Jason who reach down and scoop the interactable.

S = startup
BA = Block Advantage

Quan Chi's Fortress

Khans Hammer
- S: 33 BA: -17

Quan's Baby
- S: 33 BA: -3

-S: 26 BA: -19 (Scoops)

-S: 17 BA: +5 (Slides)

Quan's Lantern
- S: 28 BA: +5

Quan's Torch Stick
- S: 33 BA: 0
- S: 33 BA: 0 (low version)

The Pit

Corner Dive Kick
- S: 34 (stand blocking opponent) BA: +18

Lantern
- S: 38 BA: +3

The Kove
Box
- S: 36 BA: +11

Hook Swing
- S: 13 (not including jumping frames) BA: +3
Pot
- S: 31 BA: +3

Corner Dive Kick
- S: 34 BA: +18

Outworld Marketplace

Lava Bowl
- S: 19 BA: -9

Barrel
- S: 32 BA: -8

Blanche
-S: 33 BA: -5

Jensei Chamber

Grab
- S: 11 BA: n/a

Left Cauldron
- S: 30 BA: +12

Right Cauldron
- S: 30 BA: +12

Corner Dive Kick
- S: 38 BA: +16

Emperors Court Yard

Lava Bowl
- S: 19 BA: -6

Grab
- S: 11 BA: N/A

Shield
- S: 23 BA: -14

Wooden Plank
- S: 33 BA: +3
- S: 33 BA: +5

Krossroads

Wall Dive
- S: 34 BA: +19

Raam Skull
- S: 34 BA: +2

Body Toss
- S: 31 BA: -4

Refugee Camp
Wall Dive
- S: 34 BA: +17

Hobo Barrel

- S: 33 BA: -8
-S: 15 BA: +5 (slide)
-S: 22 BA: +5 (scoop)

Wooden Plank
- S: 24 BA: +10

Dead Woods

Log
- S: 35 BA: 0

Tree Swing
- S: 16 BA: +3

Tree Branch
- S: 30 BA: +14

Destroyed City

Exhaust Pipe
- S: 31 BA: -2

Traffic Light
- S: 33 BA: +8

Engine
- S: 36 BA: 0

Sky Temple

Wall Dive Kick
- S: 34 BA: +16

Lantern
- S: 30 BA: +11

Monk
- S: 33 BA: +4

Lava Stack
- S: 26 BA: 0

Kuatan Jungle

Right Vine Swing
- S: 8 BA: +5

Hang (lol)
- S: ~4 -6 lol BA: n/a

Grab
- S: 11 BA: n/a

Left Vine Swing
- S: 8 BA: +5

Wall Dive Kick

Lin Kuei Fortress

Tree Dive Kick

Fireball
- S: 27 BA: 0

Left Fire Thing
- S: 27 BA: +3

Hope this is useful to somebody. I get that the startup probably wasn't needed because of how massive they all are but you never know when it'll be needed lol. Interestingly, a lot of interactables share similar frame data and animations.
Wall dive kicks are all the same, some of the block advantages are listed differently for them but that COULD be to do with how high I hit them - I tried to keep them as close as possible when testing but of course mistakes could have been made. Wall dive kicks hit standing opponents on roughly frame 38 but they first become active at about frame 34.
I've yet to test if where you stand relatively to the interactable changes the block advantage in anyway. IE if you stand on the edge of an interactable (the last pixel you're within range to active it) would it affect startup and block advantage? I only tested with myself and the dummy as close to the interactable as I possibly could get it.

Just trying to help,
Scott

@Tim Static
@Juggs
@Espio
Sticky for the hard work? ;D

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

UPDATE #1
- Added the low swing for Emerors court yard and Quan Chi's fortress. Not much change in frame data.
- Added the frame data for the regular plank swing for Emerors court yard, it was missing.

Last edited:

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Which map and whereabouts? I wasn't aware I could swing them low. I only tested the planks by the default option.
I know if you hold down while swinging the Plank in Emperor's Courtyard and same with Quan Chi's Fortress Torch it will swing low and hit low. I wonder if they have the same frame data as regular

omooba

fear the moobs
i'm sorry but i feel like not calling it quan chi's baby is an insult to mk community please edit OP:p

Scott The Scot

I know if you hold down while swinging the Plank in Emperor's Courtyard and same with Quan Chi's Fortress Torch it will swing low and hit low. I wonder if they have the same frame data as regular
I've made a note on my computer and will get to it really soon, thanks!

i'm sorry but i feel like not calling it quan chi's baby is an insult to mk community please edit OP:p
Lmfao! Consider it done, friend :p

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@Scott The Scot should of asked this went was reading through thread 1st time but what is distance of the opponent when your testing these?
just ask because ones that can be thrown will be more plus the longer distance it has to travel, just like how projectiles are

EDIT:nevermind im blind :/

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

@Scott The Scot I suggest including recovery frames on interacables that whiff. I think it would be even more helpful
Seems unnecessary to me if I'm totally honest man, no need to know the total recovery frames of an interactable since you start recovering at different times for different interactables ie:

If you throw the interactable then you begin recovery as soon as it's startup is finished. If you're touching the interactable the whole time ie the shield then you recover after the active frames. It's very variable and I don't see why anybody would need it to be honest.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Seems unnecessary to me if I'm totally honest man, no need to know the total recovery frames of an interactable since you start recovering at different times for different interactables ie:

If you throw the interactable then you begin recovery as soon as it's startup is finished. If you're touching the interactable the whole time ie the shield then you recover after the active frames. It's very variable and I don't see why anybody would need it to be honest.
I know it may seem to be that way. I'm specifically referring to the grab interactable in the jinsei stage

Scott The Scot

I know it may seem to be that way. I'm specifically referring to the grab interactable in the jinsei stage
Sorry, not sure how I'd do it. I don't know how to calculate how many frames it's active for and therefore I can't find out the total recovery frames it has. Best I could do is count the total frames of the entire animation from start to finish and subtract the startup giving you the sum of active frames + recovery but like what's the point in that lol.

How do you use the wall interactables as a divekick instead of just jumping out?
Press D3 when you're running up the wall iirc. I just spam D3 a couple of times after I press the interactable button and it works everytime.