What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage MKXL Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

hey guys I need a tip, I´ve noticed that there are still many scorpions online, but I still don't know how to punish his f2 (overhead sword slash), I know its -11 on block but the attack also pushes a little bit so with cassie i can´t punish with 212, and her b12 isn´t fast enough to punish, what options does cassie has? can she full combo punish this attack?? I noticed that I´ve lost some good opportunities against blocked f2 from Scorpion

shura30

Shura
hey guys I need a tip, I´ve noticed that there are still many scorpions online, but I still don't know how to punish his f2 (overhead sword slash), I know its -11 on block but the attack also pushes a little bit so with cassie i can´t punish with 212, and her b12 isn´t fast enough to punish, what options does cassie has? can she full combo punish this attack?? I noticed that I´ve lost some good opportunities against blocked f2 from Scorpion
brawler's dbf2

How do you handle Swarm Queen? Just when she starts her pressure I find myself powerless. Any tips? Is there something Cassie can abuse against her?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Starting Cassie, a couple of questions:

-This combo still works, or is it just uber strict in timing? b12~db2, RUN~212, b12~ender

-I'm doubting between Brawler and Hollywood? Advice?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Starting Cassie, a couple of questions:

-This combo still works, or is it just uber strict in timing? b12~db2, RUN~212, b12~ender

-I'm doubting between Brawler and Hollywood? Advice?
Yes the combo still works.

It depends what you want. If you want guaranteed mixups and more space control then Hollywood is for you. If you want better meterless damage midscreen and more mixups then Brawler is for you.

ismael4790

Yes the combo still works.

It depends what you want. If you want guaranteed mixups and more space control then Hollywood is for you. If you want better meterless damage midscreen and more mixups then Brawler is for you.
I think I'm gonna start Brawler, and see what happens.

About the combo, is it really considered a bnb? xD I saw Sonic Fox just doing b12~db2, RUN, b12~ender in Combo breaker midscreen everytime, I think.
Any tips to perfom it?

Scott The Scot

About the combo, is it really considered a bnb? xD I saw Sonic Fox just doing b12~db2, RUN, b12~ender in Combo breaker midscreen everytime, I think.
Any tips to perfom it?
Yeah it's considered a BnB from B12 but it's trickier from the mixups as they leave you at a different spacing after the flip sometimes :p

Work on buffering your run near the end of the flips animation, if you get the timing to run down then you can get it more consistently :)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated

Any tips to perfom it?
Distance rule for midscreen combo:
after B12 ~ db2, it's hard to link 212 but possible
after df1 ~ db2 at close range it's hard. at far range it's almosts impossible
after F3 ~ db2 it's almost impossible
Sonic Fox doesn't want to drop combos so he does the simple version
You can try to perform instant air gun first. If you can do it consistently they have fun with Hollywood. If you are unable yet, pick Brawler and practice instant air gun occasionally

ismael4790

Distance rule for midscreen combo:
after B12 ~ db2, it's hard to link 212 but possible
after df1 ~ db2 at close range it's hard. at far range it's almosts impossible
after F3 ~ db2 it's almost impossible
Sonic Fox doesn't want to drop combos so he does the simple version
You can try to perform instant air gun first. If you can do it consistently they have fun with Hollywood. If you are unable yet, pick Brawler and practice instant air gun occasionally
Seems pretty inconsistent in general, yep, I'm also a fan of things that work 10/10 times, so... :/
I will try to practice it though, but until now the best "consistent" one i got after the run is standing 1, then b12~ender, which adds 1% and it's not worthy.
When trying the 212, I usually get 21 and the last hit whiffs.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I'm new to Hollywood/SO. How should I open them up because they seem to block B12 all the time. Hit confirming needs some work too

Scott The Scot

Should I even bother with 212 after DB2 Run? I never see people use it
If you want to play optimally then sure. I think it gives like an extra few % to your damage output. Cassies midscreen damage is already sort of meh so you got to really take what you can get. But consistency is definitely more favourable. It's your call if you want to learn it or not.

If you can absolutely get it 100% of the time - go for it. Every bit of midscreen damage counts for Cassie. But I'd rather not risk being whiff punished for a missed 212.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
If you can absolutely get it 100% of the time - go for it. Every bit of midscreen damage counts for Cassie. But I'd rather not risk being whiff punished for a missed 212.
I never see Vman or SonicFox do it, so I don't think I will

ismael4790

I never see Vman or SonicFox do it, so I don't think I will
I learnt it because I like to know all resources of the characters I use.
But sometimes it's better to keep things simple.
Also in corner combos I saw Sonic in Combo breaker doing simplified versions losing 2 or 3% damage, or even more, but it's a good call because the consistency is much better.

B12~Flip is consistent. The mixup options are hard.
Is this video before the last patch? Are you still able to do this, like, today? I just can't land the 3rd hit of the 212 - not even once - after a million attempts. I've tried on various characters, too. Should I just shoot myself?

Scott The Scot

Is this video before the last patch? Are you still able to do this, like, today? I just can't land the 3rd hit of the 212 - not even once - after a million attempts. I've tried on various characters, too. Should I just shoot myself?
Yes.

...Nah for realsies though, it can still be done today. Nothing has changed from Cassie since I uploaded that video. It's not easy, just keep practicing. If you really want it, you'll get it.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Yes.

...Nah for realsies though, it can still be done today. Nothing has changed from Cassie since I uploaded that video. It's not easy, just keep practicing. If you really want it, you'll get it.
The visual cue still didn't help me get better, haha. Not going to do it

Scott The Scot

The visual cue still didn't help me get better, haha. Not going to do it
Oh well lol. Some people are different because reactions do factor into this, you may have faster or slower reactions than me so you might need a different cue and that's up to you to find it. Whatever you want man.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Oh well lol. Some people are different because reactions do factor into this, you may have faster or slower reactions than me so you might need a different cue and that's up to you to find it. Whatever you want man.
I think I do better in a game by feeling. Visual cues I've learned don't really help me in anything