What's new

MKX XL Patch 1.12 is Now Live on PSN & XBL

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
I can't speak for everyone elses experience. If I were to say offline as 100%. I would consider the beta most of my games were 80-90% compared to offline. The games I'm currently getting in the patch I would say 60-70%. It's clearly worse then the beta in my opinion. It's playable but clearly noticeable. The old netcode I would say that was 20-50%.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Out of curiosity, what exactly was changed?
3-4% less damage on BnB's, EX Flame went from +9 on block to -13, straight rocket is slower/more recovery, it's also -18 from -8, both 50/50 options are unsafe without meter now, UpMissile has slower start up, UpMissile less damage.

Meanwhile Cyrax, Smoke, and Cyber Sub got to keep all their dirt fully in tact because they aren't zoners. But I shouldn't be upset supposedly.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
3-4% less damage on BnB's, EX Flame went from +9 on block to -13, straight rocket is slower/more recovery, it's also -18 from -8, both 50/50 options are unsafe without meter now, UpMissile has slower start up, UpMissile less damage.

Meanwhile Cyrax, Smoke, and Cyber Sub got to keep all their dirt fully in tact because they aren't zoners. But I shouldn't be upset supposedly.
wow +9 to -13 on ex flame.
shame about the straight missle changes.
is up missle still plus on block/gives combo on hit?

i havnt seen much of cyrax at all and only thing ive seen of smoke so far is a 47% corner combo with either loads of s3 or s4s lol

Seriously I think they BUTCHERED Tanya. It wasn't necessary at all to change the startup of her core moves esp. flip kick that's her universal combo ender after 34 and now we gotta stick to 4 flip kick and less damage. Her combo damage went very down I even noticed a 7% decrease in some of her b'n'bs in kobu. Ok, the fball buff in pyro was welcome and draginata almost the same but they shouldn't have touched her flip kick and/or drill kick at all.
@Vak Phoenix I need to know how you feel pls
Im over it, im over people crying

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
wow +9 to -13 on ex flame.
shame about the straight missle changes.
is up missle still plus on block/gives combo on hit?

i havnt seen much of cyrax at all and only thing ive seen of smoke so far is a 47% corner combo with either loads of s3 or s4s lol
Yea it's still + on block and combos. I guess their arm got tired reigning down the Nerf hammer.

I'm as disgusted as you Tremor main's right now. Because I know at one point everything was fine, but somewhere late they brought down the Hanmer but left the other Borgs super strong. Cyrax still hits hard with Hardtoblockable setups and combos for out of everything, Smoke is actually better than the MKXL prerelease, and CyberSub still breaks the game. But no, can't have Sektor zoning be too strong. People won't like that. Bad for marketing.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk i was going to main him

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

So ex flame is an unsafw wake up now?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So ex flame is an unsafw wake up now?
Yeppp. From +9 to -13. Leaves you right in their face for them to do their favorite combo on you. If Jacqui does her D3 at max range, Sektor does reversal, she can S1 punish. That's how close your -13 is. It's his only armored WU also. Still 15% no pop up.

Yep.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
If Cyber Sub is indeed as busted as you say I think we are definately gauranteed at least one more patch---- even if it is just for nerfs

Def doesnt feel as smooth as beta. I mean its alot better than vanilla, but iv had a ifew really stuttery matches.

How are these stage fatals done? And who all got new brutalites?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yeppp. From +9 to -13. Leaves you right in their face for them to do their favorite combo on you. If Jacqui does her D3 at max range, Sektor does reversal, she can S1 punish. That's how close your -13 is. It's his only armored WU also. Still 15% no pop up.

Yep.
Haha wow paulo.. I wish top players were the ones to do balance changes.. He has shown time and time again, he does not know How to balance for higher level gameplay.
A clear example is when he makes changes to characters to make certain links easier which were never hard to begin with

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Flip kick is def slower. It barely connects after 3,4 now.

-10 is ridiculous. I look forward to seeing Dragon's Kitana, lol.

Also, I bought the KP2, why has it not downloaded yet?
Dragon is gonna use bartitsu bo rai cho. Hes worse than tanya unless mkxl dlc were nerfed in this update

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
don't know if it will update after patch on first... but kotals B14~DB2 doesnt work on hit atm... but works if you meter burn it. i guess the B1 MB tick works as well, but i have a feeling it will change after patch to be the same as in beta.

and ermacs F34 is still a block infinite at Plus 9/ block string

maybe they will change it after tomorrow for us US players
That wasnt staying. Paulo said on stream you have to meter burn for command grab characters to grab on hit and im glad. That shit was super nutty in the beta