What's new

MKX Variation Tier List by Yomi DJT

haketh

Noob
@YOMI DJT ya put Summoner Quan in S-tier twice

Also, Mystic Ermac officially worse than Spectral by a whole tier?
mfw
He aint wrong about Mystic

Why should dragon fang be put up just curious. I might move him up. He is a pretty solid char. Most of goro community would say its the best I believe
One of the best D1s in the game, extra chip really helps out the fact that negative frames really don't exist for Goro, Spin gives him the consistent AA he needs into a ton of damage, hell ending strings into spin itself does a load of chip damage plus meter build, also he gets some 50/50s on strings due to making the low poke a special. The extra range on his already gigantic D1 does so much for him playing defensibly on the ground it cannot be understated.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Not unlike your versus Dragon's Fire knowledge. Or your versus my Freddy at Evolution 2012 knowledge.

Why is Metallic as good as Aftershock and Crystalline? Give specifics. And tell your blind followers to do the same.
Lol nice jokes. Anyways its simple, his zoning in the metallic mode is the best out of all his variations, flash parry, lava mode has high unbreakable damage. Having a mid doesn't mean that much to tremor let's be serious here bruh

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Honestly this site is 99% general assertions. And it's very difficult to give a detailed description that holds the short attention span of the average TYMer without well made videos, match footage, etc. A lesson I learned after making my how to deal with Predator video that was "too long" according to alot of people.

I'm quite aware high damage doesn't equal high tier. My point in bringing up his damage is that it's all meterless. Aftershock has very average damage without the OTG and Crystalline is the same even using the low launcher. Metallic has the universal overhead as well as a low launcher that's safe on block. Not armored if meter burned but it's still a safe launcher.

As far as his pokes and him getting low profiled to death I personally have just stopped getting into "poking situations" where even if his low pokes hit he can't follow up with something else.

I don't know how Aftershock and Crystalline dealt with this any differently than Metallic. Are Tremor players timing the armor right? Are they hitting the instant air quake consistently? I've always done poke, backdash/jump back or poke, cross over jump or poke, flash parry. Just depends on who I'm playing. Because he doesn't have a useable mid his spacing has to be more away from the other player instead of on top of them where that poking battle happens when both characters are crouched throwing out low pokes until someone hits or throws.

I did say it's the unpopular opinion that Metallic is his best. I could be missing something. So could everyone else who thinks differently. Each variation is really good and you can't go wrong with any of them.
Metallic's lava bf4 is incredibly slow however and very easily reactable. Can't confirm this, but can't many if not all characters poke out when you cancel a string into bf4? If not then they can most definitely armor.

Fullscreen-wise, lava bf4 is also very reactable with its only use being catching jumps maybe? It's far too slow to be used as a reliable zoning tool. Its only use seems to be giving Tremor more meterless (in some cases unbreakable) damage. Hardly as amazing as safe low launcher sounds on paper.

Espio

Kokomo
Dragon Fangs Goro and Royal Storm Kitana being in the same place is delightful.

How far both of these characters have come since release <3.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's the other way around, now demo is finally equally as good as special forces.
Demo was the best Sonya before this tech.

Now she's approaching ridiculous. 50% meterless damage in the corner, 50% 1 bar midscreen, never without grenades due to easy reload combos, amazing wake up, and stupidly good oki (no you can't wake up against demo).

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Demo was the best Sonya before this tech.

Now she's approaching ridiculous. 50% meterless damage in the corner, 50% 1 bar midscreen, never without grenades due to easy reload combos, amazing wake up, and stupidly good oki (no you can't wake up against demo).
You don't do 50% meterless and still have oki or grenades. You can wake up against demo just like any other characters, but it can be blown up if read (im the one that found the armor break first). Do you even know about special forces or are you just talking after you saw some gifs or videos of demolition in a TYM-thread?

Also, you do not need to tell me about demolition sonya - I know.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You don't do 50% meterless and still have oki or grenades. You can wake up against demo just like any other characters, but it can be blown up if read (im the one that found the armor break first). Do you even know about special forces or are you just talking after you saw some gifs or videos of demolition in a TYM-thread?

Also, you do not need to tell me about demolition sonya - I know.
Yes I actually do know about special forces. Have been using Sonya since basically release :).

I'm aware she doesn't get both, oki and 50% at the same time. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Let's not downplay here, demo has always been A+ tier (along with the likes of post patch Kotal and Takeda).

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
I believe Jax' overhead starter is completely safe - at least the last time i checked due to the fact that oh dash doesnt come out on block. I've invested a lot of time in Pumped Up and Jax is at least S imo. It's only logic that his oh dash is unsafe due to the insane damage rewards he gers for no meter. Jax also has extremely good buttons - 6 frame moves, plus frame strings and more. Pumped Up also has somewhat underrated zoning options. Really solid character. NOT everyone gets 43% off a 5050 for no meter.
He only has I plus string maybe 2 but I don't think too

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
I made it by myself so lets get this discussion going. There is no order. Give me your opinions because I want them all!!

S tier: Summoner Quan, Kobu Jutsu Tanya, Tempest Lao, Crystalline Tremor, Metallic Tremor, Aftershock Tremor, Heavy Weapons Jax, Wrestler Jax, Pumped Up Jax, Hollywood Cassie, A list Johnny Cage, Dragon Fire Liu Kang, HQT Predator, Boneshaper Shinnok, Sorcerer Quan

A+ tier: Shaolin Kung Jin, Demolition Sonya, Stunt Double Johnny, Grandmaster Sub Zero, Deceptive Reptile, Hellfire Scorpion, Swarm Queen D'vorah, Shurai Ryu Takeda, Ronin Takeda, Outlaw Erron Black, Gunslinger Erron Black, Cuttthroat Kano, War God Kotal, Sun God Kotal, Imposter, Covert ops Sonya, Warlock Quan Chi

A tier: Royal Storm Kitana, Mournful Kitana, Piercing Mileena, Blood God, Hunter Predator, Master of Souls Ermac, Buzz Saw Lao, Brawler Cassie, Thunder god Raiden, Ruthless Ferra Torr,Cybernetic Kano, Flame Fist Liu Kang, Noxious Reptile, Lackey Ferra torr, High tech Jacqui, Full auto Jacqui, Shotgun Jacqui, Spec ops Cassie, Bojutsu Kung Jin, Spectral Ermac, Ninjutsu Scorpion, Hat Trick Kung Lao, Lasher Takeda, Cryomancer Sub Zero, Venomous D'vorah, Nimble Reptile, Dragon Naginata Tanya, Marksman Erron Black, Assassin Kitana, Dragon fangs Goro

B tier:
Master Of Storms Raiden, Brood Mother D'vorah, Displacer Raiden, Vicious Ferra/Torr
Dualist Liu Kang, Warrior Predator, Fisticuffs Johnny Cage, Commando Kano, Pyromancer Tanya, Necromancer Shinnok, Special forces Sonya, Unbrakable Sub Zero, Ravenous Mileena, Ethereal Mileena, Mystic Ermac, Kuatan Warrior Goro, Tigrar fury goro, Possessed Kenshi, Kenjutsu Kenshi, Balanced Kenshi, Slasher Jason, Relentless Jason, Unstoppable Jason
Ancestral kung jin, Inferno scorpion

Discuss
a+ converted ops sonya?

Metallic's lava bf4 is incredibly slow however and very easily reactable. Can't confirm this, but can't many if not all characters poke out when you cancel a string into bf4? If not then they can most definitely armor.

Fullscreen-wise, lava bf4 is also very reactable with its only use being catching jumps maybe? It's far too slow to be used as a reliable zoning tool. Its only use seems to be giving Tremor more meterless (in some cases unbreakable) damage. Hardly as amazing as safe low launcher sounds on paper.
In each variation every string into straight or down rock punch has a gap that can be armored except for F212 and 21d4u4.

Yeah it's slower than all the others but it's a safe launcher. As of yet, no one has armored, poked or back dashed out of his low launcher. As far a zoning tool, no of course it's not good for that. It is good, however, for catching run ins and since the range is farther, obviously it's actually advantage on block and the recovery is fast enough if they do jump they won't get a punish.

From what it looks like you must be punishing those gaps consistently. It's a safe low launcher that leads to really good meterless damage.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Yes I actually do know about special forces. Have been using Sonya since basically release :).

I'm aware she doesn't get both, oki and 50% at the same time. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Let's not downplay here, demo has always been A+ tier (along with the likes of post patch Kotal and Takeda).
Thank you for your opinion, I do not agree though :) So we can end this discussion here.

DDutchguy

In each variation every string into straight or down rock punch has a gap that can be armored except for F212 and 21d4u4.

Yeah it's slower than all the others but it's a safe launcher. As of yet, no one has armored, poked or back dashed out of his low launcher. As far a zoning tool, no of course it's not good for that. It is good, however, for catching run ins and since the range is farther, obviously it's actually advantage on block and the recovery is fast enough if they do jump they won't get a punish.

From what it looks like you must be punishing those gaps consistently. It's a safe low launcher that leads to really good meterless damage.
I understand that it's a pretty alright tool, but it does have glaring weaknesses that I thought were worth pointing out.

DDutchguy

I understand that it's a pretty alright tool, but it does have glaring weaknesses that I thought were worth pointing out.