What's new

MKX returning character possibilities

Naka80

Real-life ninja. XD
Ermac seems like a good bet to return. Shang Tsung probably will too - as if he'd let someone like Shao Kahn betray him so easily.

I can definitely imagine Mileena taking the reins after Shao Kahn's death, so I reckon we should see her return too (especially since 25 years is scarcely anything by Edenian standards). Sheeva could return as Mileena's bodyguard. :D
This sounds PERFECT to me!
Especially when you talk about Mileena and Sheeva!

trufenix

bye felicia
If you look at all the Mk games after mk1 that gave been released. Liu Kang, reptile, raiden, kitana, and jax all have been there. So most likely these characters will be in the game. Night wolf would most likely in there because we all know that modern fighting game needs a racist stereotypical Native American fighter.
Kang : da
Reptile : mk3, de, and dc
Raiden : mk3
Kitana : mk3, 4, and de
Jax : 4, de

The only character to make every roster without being added into an upgrade or port is sub zero

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Basically nearly everyone who isn't dead are Villains. Most of them age isn't a problem so...

JC and Sonya could probably be out due to cassie. I would assume so. Possibly playable in story mode.

Back in the 3d poop games Ermac switched Side after Kenshi freed him. Now that Shao's Dead I'm wondering if he'll swap since his directive is gone.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Basically nearly everyone who isn't dead are Villains. Most of them age isn't a problem so...

JC and Sonya could probably be out due to cassie. I would assume so. Possibly playable in story mode.

Back in the 3d poop games Ermac switched Side after Kenshi freed him. Now that Shao's Dead I'm wondering if he'll swap since his directive is gone.
How the fuck do you expect Sonya and Johnny to be playable exclusively in story mode?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
How the fuck do you expect Sonya and Johnny to be playable exclusively in story mode?
Something noob said about Relative fatalities when talking about Cassie, it's in the Boon interview on the Front page.

Oh, if you mean how can I expect they make JC/Sonya only playable in story and not in general, they could just make Sonya a variation of Cassie or something like that. Just my guess.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

If you look closely, she really didn't kill smoke, just gave him a brutal noogie.
So... Kabal died from a boot heel through the heart, Stryker was killed by fingers through the throat?, Jax a heel through the throat, Smoke a broken neck, Jade got her stomach ripped out, Kitana dies to the pink mist, and Nightwolf uses martyrdom.

I don't think sub died there... he only got uppercutted... sort of the same way Cage and Sonya were thrown to the side.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god

If you look closely, she really didn't kill smoke, just gave him a brutal noogie.
If you really think about it, the only people who should've died are jade, nightwolf, and kitana. If those other people can survive x-rays, then they can survive a couple of punches and kicks

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Whoops must have missed zombie sindel the first time in the zombie part. Added her and sucks I had to add Shang too to the dead list.
my gut feeling says among returning characters will be: tanya, fujin, raiden, bo rai cho, liu kang, Shinnok
Liu is potato crispy and the only character who could be "returning" are Raiden and Shinnok. The rest would be new.

I guess I Shang is gone I'd like to at least see him as dlc

Espio

Kokomo
So... Kabal died from a boot heel through the heart, Stryker was killed by fingers through the throat?, Jax a heel through the throat, Smoke a broken neck, Jade got her stomach ripped out, Kitana dies to the pink mist, and Nightwolf uses martyrdom.

I don't think sub died there... he only got uppercutted... sort of the same way Cage and Sonya were thrown to the side.
Sonya and Cage lived, Sub-Zero was seen dead and in the Netherrealm with Stryker, Jade, Sindel, Jax an the others.

He definitely died. See 6:24 seconds.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sonya and Cage lived, Sub-Zero was seen dead and in the Netherrealm with Stryker, Jade, Sindel, Jax an the others.

He definitely died. See 6:24 seconds.

Oh I know he was seen in the netherrealm... but the only thing that happened to him in the sindel rampage scene was getting uppercutted. How the hell does that kill him? lmao

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
If you look at all the Mk games after mk1 that gave been released. Liu Kang, reptile, raiden, kitana, and jax all have been there. So most likely these characters will be in the game. Night wolf would most likely in there because we all know that modern fighting game needs a racist stereotypical Native American fighter.
It may be stereotypical, but it's not racist and plenty of them are still really like really that.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
CSZ was so bad they looked for any excuse to kill him :joker:.
If I'm being honest... I think they just totally forgot that all they did was uppercut him and were like... oh yeah, everyone died in that scene. Go with it!

Cause the other two (Sonya, Cage) also only got hit a couple times and they were still alive and they are, by default, more squishy than a cyborg would be.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Reptile, Raiden, Kitana were dropped in MK3 along with many other characters and only added back in with Ultimate MK3. Even MK poster boy and Ed Boon favourite Scorpion didn't make the cut into MK3.

Back to the OP:

"Ageless"
Quan Chi
Raiden
Ermac

+25 years could be explained away without issue
Cyrax (robot)
Mileena (isn't she "born" in MK9? Not sure how Tarkatans age but the Edenian side lives for thousands of years. Regardless, if she was born in MK9 barring some horrible side-effects from her birth she would be like 26 at the end of MKX)
Sektor (robot)

+25 years will have an effect
Sonya Blade (forms basis of Cassie Cage, might crop up in story using move-set).
Johnny Cage (as above)
Kano (never portrayed as the youngest of people to begin with)

I have no idea how they age
Baraka
Reptile
Sheeva

Kinda. There has been a character named Sub Zero in each MK fighting game, but it hasn't always been the same person. MK1 is Bi Han who became Noob Saibot, MK2 is Kuai Liang (Bi Han's younger brother) who became Cyber Sub Zero in the "current" (MK9) timeline.
The only reason Scorpion didn't make it in is because the actor for him got into trouble with Midway, and they did not invite him back for MK3.

eolson3

Noob
I think the inclusion of Cassie means that Cage and Sonya are condensed into her moves, so they won't be in it. That frees up a space. Still hope for Kano.

E

Kevlang

Noob
Nightwolf won't be back. We've got Kotal Kahn to fill the Native (South) American fighter slot.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
WHAT IM TAKING FROM WATCHING THAT CUTSCENE AGAIN:

Pink mist only sucks her soul away. Kitana's soul can be given back.
Someone will give it to her, she will appear evil, until control is freed up by good guys...or not.

Either way, my dream status for her having a chance making MKX roster = ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
WHAT IM TAKING FROM WATCHING THAT CUTSCENE AGAIN:

Pink mist only sucks her soul away. Kitana's soul can be given back.
Someone will give it to her, she will appear evil, until control is freed up by good guys...or not.

Either way, my dream status for her having a chance making MKX roster = ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hold on to your hope, but don't presume anything in mk9s story mode went down the way it looks. With the exception of MK1-2, MK has never actually followed the groundwork set by its predecessor to the t.