What's new

MKX Recommended PC Specs are Pretty High

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Are you guys serious? These specs are not high whatsoever. The minimum CPU and GPU are 4 years old. Also, 3GB of RAM for minimum? That's grandma's laptop-tier. The recommended GPU is a low-level card that was released 2+ years ago. The only ridiculous part is 40GB of hard drive space. That's some Max Payne 3 bullshit right there.

My $600 backup PC I built a year ago could max this game out at 1080p/60fps. You guys need to upgrade your toasters if these specs threaten you.
We're talking about the recommended specs (which are the specs required to run the game as it's supposed to look), not the minimum specs to get 27fps in 800x600 :p

Not really hefty. I would say that should be standard for next gen games.
This is really current gen, not next gen. I run a lot of current-gen games, but an i5 and accompanying mid-range processor systems are enough for just about all of them. Again, not talking about the specs to run at Ultra in 4k -- just the recommended system to run a game as it's supposed to look.

Last edited:
My computer is 2 years old, and I have the processor that is the recommended processor and I have 16 gigs of ram. I am just going to upgrade my Graphics Card, but being that it is 2 years old already I am happy with it.

True pc gamers are happy when a game pushes specs, not throttles them.

I have a couple of questions. I've never gamed on a PC in my life, but I do have a pretty beastly machine. If I buy MKX on the PC, do I have to pay monthly or subscribe to some type of service in order to play online like XBOX Live and PSN?

Also will there even be anyone online to fight against?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I have a question. I've never gamed on a PC in my life, but I do have a pretty beastly machine. If I buy MKX on the PC, do I have to pay monthly or subscribe to some type of service in order to play online like XBOX Live and PSN?

Also will there even be anyone online to fight against?
1)Steam is free, and unless the game itself charge s you a monthly subscription...then no.

2)There's me motherfucker ᕦ໒( ⊡ 益 ⊡ )७ᕤ

(and some other people, probably not as big as PSN or XBL but the first couple of months it will be pretty peppy)

1)Steam is free, and unless the game itself charge s you a monthly subscription...then no.

2)There's me motherfucker ᕦ໒( ⊡ 益 ⊡ )७ᕤ

(and some other people, probably not as big as PSN or XBL but the first couple of months it will be pretty peppy)
K thanks! I might get it on PS4 and PC.

astronout

see you at the top.
recommended specs are weak sauce. im still leaning on getting MKX for the PS4 if online on the PC isn't up to par.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Not really hefty. I would say that should be standard for next gen games.
Were you guys serious expecting
486 dx2 66MHz
4 MB ram
VGA on board
Sound blaster suite 32
2 meg HD
Windows 3.1/dos 5.0 ????
System requirements for Crysis 3 (one of the most graphically demanding AAA games ever made for PC):

Minimum:
Dual Core CPU
3GB RAM
Geforce GTS 450/Radeon HD 5770
20 GB HD

Recommended:
Quad Core CPU
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 560/Radeon HD 5870
20 GB HD

Battlefield 4 System Requirements (Another graphically demanding game, featuring giant maps with up to 64 players running around and things exploding everywhere):

Minimum:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ
4 GB RAM
AMD RADEON HD 3870/NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT
30 GB HD

Recommended:
INTEL QUAD-CORE CPU
8 GB RAM
AMD RADEON HD 7870/NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660
30 GB

MKX > both :p

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Care to explain? I have played it on all systems since 2011 and Steam sucks ass for online than any console.
I own every version of MK9 as well and PC is by far the best online experience assuming that your PC isn't crap. There are 2 problems with the console editions:

1) the game itself lags, which slows down *everything* since the network stack ends up waiting for the game to finish rendering before processing more packets.

2) Consoles use garbage hardware to drive down costs, including networking hardware. For example, my PC's 5 GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi connection gets way more throughput than my PS3's wired Gigabit connection, despite wired Gigabit ethernet have a much higher theoretical maximum throughput.

And, before anyone tries to blow me up about this: a big misconception is that the speed of your console's network connection doesn't matter because your ISP's speed is going to be slower anyway. That would be true if the network hardware was working efficiently, but a cheaply-made ethernet jack (like the kind on consoles), bad cables, or a faulty router will cause frames that have already been sent over the wire to get corrupted, slowing down your actual throughput significantly because the receiver has to request the same data again across the Internet.

Somewhat related: Neither PS4 nor Xbox One support 802.11ac, and the PS4 doesn't even support 5GHz 802.11n lol. Needless to say, lag abuse will be in full effect on console versions of MKX.

Crysis 3

Battlefield 4 featuring giant maps with up to 64 players running around

Crysis 3 release date FEB 2013. As old as the computer I own now.

Battlefield 4 giant maps is a ram issue, not processing power.

MKX greater than both. Yes truly a next gen game. Expected.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Crysis 3 release date FEB 2013. As old as the computer I own now.

Battlefield 4 giant maps is a ram issue, not processing power.

MKX greater than both. Yes truly a next gen game. Expected.
BF4 is the same generation technology. And it's not just the size of the maps; it's the amount of things happening at one time, the 64-player arena, and the sheer quantity of polys, particles, effects, and things changing to levolution inside the map. You need more than RAM to have draw distance, so this is factually untrue.

And if you're familiar with the Crysis series, you'll know that the games in that series are not only demanding for their day, but have all continued to be more demanding than 95% of games released over the following few years. Two years after a CryTek release is virtually nothing, and Crysis 3's demands on your PC are on par with (or greater than) any currently-releasing games.

It's the reason why Crysis 3 and Metro: Last Light will continue to be used as benchmarks and system stress tests today and for the next couple of years.

Last edited:
@CrimsonShadow what exactly are you arguing?

A) That the pc version of MKX is being coded badly therefore they need extra powerful hardware to make up for their poor coding?

B) The recommended specs are too high so it must be a mistake?

C) The recommended specs are too high so the majority of people should just play it on console?

I feel like I don't know what we are arguing about anymore.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
System requirements for Crysis 3 (one of the most graphically demanding AAA games ever made for PC):

Minimum:
Dual Core CPU
3GB RAM
Geforce GTS 450/Radeon HD 5770
20 GB HD

Recommended:
Quad Core CPU
4GB RAM
Geforce GTX 560/Radeon HD 5870
20 GB HD

Battlefield 4 System Requirements (Another graphically demanding game, featuring giant maps with up to 64 players running around and things exploding everywhere):

Minimum:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ
4 GB RAM
AMD RADEON HD 3870/NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT
30 GB HD

Recommended:
INTEL QUAD-CORE CPU
8 GB RAM
AMD RADEON HD 7870/NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660
30 GB

If we're being honest, those specs will not max out Crysis 3 with decent frame rates.

My computer is 2 years old, and I have the processor that is the recommended processor and I have 16 gigs of ram. I am just going to upgrade my Graphics Card, but being that it is 2 years old already I am happy with it.

True pc gamers are happy when a game pushes specs, not throttles them.
True scottsman fallacy, lukewarm IQ konfirmed.

That said, throttling capability is a plague. However, optimization is key. In my experience, the performance settings in the settings dont seem to have an effect.