What's new

MKX PS3 Stick problem

I know the reason for it is for people who don't want to upgrade but in all seriousness we were going to have to eventually.
Personally I'm planning on making a dual converter when I have extra money but that's not anytime soon.
Trust me, I was planning on upgrading, still am eventually for SF5.

I was going to get a PS4 stick along with MKX, but when they announced the PS3 stick compatibility, I decided to wait until SF5 and use that money to go to Norcal Regionals, instead.

This would have been nice as a footnote when they announced the damn feature. Something like "*PS4 controller required per PS3 peripheral", but no, we get this news literally HOURS before release.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
well since it seems like ps4 will be the tournament standard at least for a while (since evo is using it and sf5 is exclusive so TOs will have to get ps4s) you could always try padhacking a Hori fighting commander

Clamper

Noob
Well how about this: in tournaments, every PS4 would have an USB splitter with 4 usb ports, and 2 DS4 always connected to them. So the player would only need to insert his "legacy" stick while the DS4's would stay connected for the entire time.

Would this work?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Well how about this: in tournaments, every PS4 would have an USB splitter with 4 usb ports, and 2 DS4 always connected to them. So the player would only need to insert his "legacy" stick while the DS4's would stay connected for the entire time.

Would this work?
No, because not everyone is going to use a ps3 stick. A ps4 stick or pad would have to boot off the place holder pad. Connencting and disconnecting the DS4 can then lead to sync scenarios where you interrupt a game in progress, which is why they are banned at majors.

Mr. Yutani

Don't know karate but I know karazy.
You know its kind of weird that all these issues are happening after the game is released but seemingly during the NRS twitch stream where fightstick capability was displayed there didnt seem to be of the issues mentioned. Kind of makes you wonder if:

1. PS4 fightsticks were used instead of PS3 fightsticks
  2. Fightsticks were shown but not actually used
  3. *Gasp* PS3 fightsticks that were used were actually pad hacked *Gasp*
Maybe I'm just thinking too much on this but it still seems a little fishy to me.

I have 3 PS3 Fight Sticks. None of them work. Buttons work but the stick is not doing anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Where is this option on the Injustice fightstick for the ps3?
I get some odd experiences with it, buttons and stick work for about 5 min, then it stops. Have to do a restart of game to get it functioning again.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This PS3 stick issue may be banned at EVO (and other tournaments) then if you have to use a PS4 pad to authenticate which is wireless. To prevent this, the TOs would then have to provide pads for PS3 stick users to use. This is gonna get ugly.

Thank God I am getting a PS4 stick next month...
do you really think theyll ban PS3 sticks? thatll piss me off. i havent had any problems with mine. cant they just require us to bring our own ps4 controller with it.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
do you really think theyll ban PS3 sticks? thatll piss me off. i havent had any problems with mine. cant they just require us to bring our own ps4 controller with it.
The problem is because the ps4 only has 2 usb ports, if 2 ps3 sticks are plugged in, then you need 2 wireless ps4 pads connected to the system. Wireless ps4 pads are banned due to the issue they have with accidentally syncing to ps4 consoles while others are playing a tournament match.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I will have a TE2 stick next month and right now I am playing on pad. So I will most likely have both with me when I go tournaments. Had a Hori Commander and sold it when the announcement for PS3 stick support came out... I will try to get that back... fml

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
The problem is because the ps4 only has 2 usb ports, if 2 ps3 sticks are plugged in, then you need 2 wireless ps4 pads connected to the system. Wireless ps4 pads are banned due to the issue they have with accidentally syncing to ps4 consoles while others are playing a tournament match.
This is the nightmare scenario I've been envisioning..... This is great for casual play but going to be a NIGHTMARE for locals / tournaments.

NurzBenny

Old Member
I don't actually see this being a problem at tournaments at all. Have two ds4's per station, and you're good to go. Charge them between matches, charge them with something separate whatever

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I don't actually see this being a problem at tournaments at all. Have two ds4's per station, and you're good to go. Charge them between matches, charge them with something separate whatever
Not everyone will use a ps3 stick some will use a ps4 stick or pad. When that ps4 stick or pad is connected, the wireless dualshock4 will attempt to resync to the console. The problem is you are in a room full of ps4s running matches and controller looking to sync up with any of them.

NurzBenny

Old Member
A PS4 can have more than 2 controllers synched to it, another wired PS4 controller or two shouldn't affect things that much? Should it?

BRUTALITY

Banned
yeah i dunno what all the commotion is about. plug your controls in and play

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
My PS3 stick has input delay on MKX. It was barely noticeable offline, but after playing @RunwayMafia and @xWildx online, i couldn't do a single combo in almost 2 hours. Went back to pad and was doing fine.

I will be getting a Hori commander today and a TE2 sick soon.

To the people saying TOs should just have two pads always connected should realize how often things get stolen from events. They would have to somehow lock the pads to the table to prevent theft. Thus is a HUGE problem IMO

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sounds more & more like PS3 stick users need to get their sticks modded for PS4 use. it sucks, but if you plan on playing at any big tourneys, you don't really have an option. Part of the expense for a hobby like this. Always goes up. :/

DarkPage

Noob
My PS3 stick has input delay on MKX. It was barely noticeable offline, but after playing @RunwayMafia and @xWildx online, i couldn't do a single combo in almost 2 hours. Went back to pad and was doing fine.

I will be getting a Hori commander today and a TE2 sick soon.

To the people saying TOs should just have two pads always connected should realize how often things get stolen from events. They would have to somehow lock the pads to the table to prevent theft. Thus is a HUGE problem IMO
Thought this was happening too with the delay, is anyone else having that problem as well, also what stick are you using?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Thought this was happening too with the delay, is anyone else having that problem as well, also what stick are you using?
The delay is not coming from you stick, its coming from the DS4. Many may have not noticed this, but the more DS4 you connect to the the PS4 the laggier all controllers connected to the system become. Teya discovered this accidently: "No such occurrence of 2-frame delay has occurred yet in my PS4 tests, except for the Dual Shock 4 when under heavy interference from 2 other Dual Shock 4s nearby (see Results page)" ref: http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/overview.html

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It could also be happening to me because my PS3 stick is dual modded (originally PS3, now with 360 support). I tested my friends two PS3 sticks, one was dual modded like mine. I felt the lag on the dual modded one but not the stock PS3 madcatz.

That is interesting that DS4 lag with more of them active. Imagine an EVO situation with 4 consoles next to each other with 2 DS4's attached... would the controllers even work? lol