What's new

MKX - PS3 Arcade Sticks Compatible with PS4

I believe the Skullgirls driver was eventually updated to work with PS360+ boards. (Or the newer firmware updates for PS360+ allow it to work with the Skullgirls driver, one or the other)

also the layout I always used was:

1 Blk 2
3 Tag 4
i use this layout too but only blk is below tag. it is imho the best layout because it is close to the original arcade mk layout :D

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I know the ps360 one does, via a firmware update. Not totally sure about ps3-only version...

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
It has the skullgirls drivers so yes it should.
If it is the specific ps3 version I believe you just plug and play.
And if your hitbox has a PS360+ Board inside it just hold 1p (jab in SF terms, 1 MK terms) as you plug it in.

ps- I don't have the game yet but I know they confirmed the skullgirls drivers which akishop has said allows ps360+'s to work.

edit: ps360+ will need to be update to or beyond firmware 1.54 iirc

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Really great news! I hope my old dual-mod (PS3/360) stick works. It was from "Arcade In A Box" before they closed shop. Anyone know what kind of guts they used?

Riyo

Noob
I have a qanba q4, a ps360+ and a ps4. Currently can't have both working at the same time. Do you need 2 ps4 controllers in order for both to work?

Mr. Yutani

Don't know karate but I know karazy.
The PS3 Injustice stick will work on PS4.

I don't believe the USB driver is backwards compatible from XOne to X360.
This, EVO choosing PS4 as their preferred system and the fact that SFV will not be on Xbox One is the reason why the Xbox One will be my last Microsoft console. When the PS5 or whatever its called comes out I'm going that route instead...things were cool with the Xbox 360 but this nonsense that they're doing with the Xbox One now is really pissing me off. Although MKX will support last gen sticks on PS4 I very much doubt that Capcom will allow that same backwards compatibility with Ultra SFV & SFV given their history of being greedy.

NRS should really be commended for what they've done with the PS4 version. They could have easily done what everyone else has done but they chose to do the right thing and not screw over their customers by forcing them to buy new sticks.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I have a qanba q4, a ps360+ and a ps4. Currently can't have both working at the same time. Do you need 2 ps4 controllers in order for both to work?
Yes you do. I went out and bought a pad today because of this. Older sticks sync to a profile. It's really weird

d3v

SRK
I believe the Skullgirls driver was eventually updated to work with PS360+ boards. (Or the newer firmware updates for PS360+ allow it to work with the Skullgirls driver, one or the other)
It's the second way, the PS360+ firmware was updated to allow it to work with the driver. Previously, it identified itself as a DualShock 3, which the PS4 automatically locks out (as that is easy to spoof for USB hacking, which is what happened with the PS3). Now it identifies itself as something else.
Really great news! I hope my old dual-mod (PS3/360) stick works. It was from "Arcade In A Box" before they closed shop. Anyone know what kind of guts they used?
As long as it identifies itself as a generic USB controller, it should work.
Dumb question - does the "generic USB controller" thing mean that it will work with PC USB controllers? Obviously not the 360/XB1 controllers but some of the older pads or things that don't try to pretend to be 360 pads?
Does anyone know if madcatz fightpads will work with this? Or is it just sticks?
Yes.
Mad Catz stick are probably the safest bet, but it probably comes down to preference more than anything.

Mad Catz sticks use square gate if that matters to you, i'm really not that familiar with Hori sticks so that could vary.
Every stick that uses arcade standard parts uses a square gate.

So that's anything with either Sanwa, Seimitsu, or Hori arcade parts.

Last edited:
I have 3 ps3 Fight Sticks. None of them work. Buttons work but the stick is not doing anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Are they set to DP or LS?
Per another forum, someone mentioned to put it in DP and it worked after that. Thanks though. After playing with the stick for a bit, I went back to the controller. NRS games just feels easier with a pad. Other companies fighting games I will still use stick.

d3v

SRK
Per another forum, someone mentioned to put it in DP and it worked after that. Thanks though. After playing with the stick for a bit, I went back to the controller. NRS games just feels easier with a pad. Other companies fighting games I will still use stick.
You should always have your stick set to DP as setting it to either analog (if the games even recognize it) adds a bit of delay.