What's new

Combo List - Predator MKX Predator Combos Thread

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So, after the patch, whats the deal with Hunter Predator's combo damage? I tried him a bit yesterday when i was at GDA and my 2 bar bnb damage was hilariously low compared to pre patch. Even the regular 1 bar bnb combo in the corner, is nerfed to hell after the patch. From what it seems, there is simply no reason to use any of his previous 2 bar combos since the damage was nerfed to oblivion (and with a good reason) after the patch. Unless i am missing something? Are there any new damaging combos been discovered after the patch?

REO

Undead
So, after the patch, whats the deal with Hunter Predator's combo damage? I tried him a bit yesterday when i was at GDA and my 2 bar bnb damage was hilariously low compared to pre patch. Even the regular 1 bar bnb combo in the corner, is nerfed to hell after the patch. From what it seems, there is simply no reason to use any of his previous 2 bar combos since the damage was nerfed to oblivion (and with a good reason) after the patch. Unless i am missing something? Are there any new damaging combos been discovered after the patch?
Basically characters like Jax, Sub-Zero, Kotal, Quan Chi, etc. do close or more damage than Hunter Predator (who is using two bars) for one bar now.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Basically characters like Jax, Sub-Zero, Kotal, Quan Chi, etc. do close or more damage than Hunter Predator (who is using two bars) for one bar now.
So pretty much, the 50%+ dmg 2 bar combos with Hunter Predator are gone now?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Asking cause i saw this video lurking around in YT today.

Although i dont remember the exact release date of the latest patch.
The first combo used to do like 61% Worth learning at the time, hell...Sonicfox was doing those combos nearly every time...but it doesn't feel the same anymore.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The first combo used to do like 61% Worth learning at the time, hell...Sonicfox was doing those combos nearly every time...but it doesn't feel the same anymore.

Same here, but i was replacing s4xxex ss with b32, b22 etc for easier hit confirming and was doing f12 ex sd instead of s4 ex sd, cause it was a bit easier for ex sd to connect. I m gonna have to hit the lab again with Predator it seems.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Same here, but i was replacing s4xxex ss with b32, b22 etc for easier hit confirming and was doing f12 ex sd instead of s4 ex sd, cause it was a bit easier for ex sd to connect. I m gonna have to hit the lab again with Predator it seems.
Midscreen its only really worth both bars if you are going to kill or leave them on like 20% and have a huge life lead. You can still spend 1 bar and hitconfirm into an EX trap so you can heal or go invisible and still combo, so now the damage on your 2 bar combos isnt outrageous he has more meter to spend in other ways, before patch i just thought its a gimmick compared to 60%.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
Some practical Hish-Qu-Ten meterless bnbs to add:

32xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > JIKxx Air Disk > RC > 122xx SS (32%)
32xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > RC > 122xx SS (31%)

b31xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > JIKxx Air Disk > RC > 122xx SS (30%)
b31xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > RC > 122xx SS (29%)

b22xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > JIKxx Air Disk > RC > 122xx SS (30%)
b22xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > RC > 122xx SS (29%)

Corner:

32xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > JIK > b311xx SS (32%)

b31xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > JIK > b311xx SS (30%)

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Some practical Hish-Qu-Ten meterless bnbs to add:

32xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > JIKxx Air Disk > RC > 122xx SS (32%)
32xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > RC > 122xx SS (31%)

b31xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > JIKxx Air Disk > RC > 122xx SS (30%)
b31xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > RC > 122xx SS (29%)

b22xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > JIKxx Air Disk > RC > 122xx SS (30%)
b22xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > RC > 122xx SS (29%)

Corner:

32xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > JIK > b311xx SS (32%)

b31xx Plasma Cancel > 212 > NJP > JIK > b311xx SS (30%)
I was looking into these, the b22-one especially. This could be so good theoretically. However b22-pcc-212 suffera from the same issue as the f212-string (i made a thread on this). On a standing opponent your combos work fine. If the opponent is ducking, the b22-pcc-212 seems to whiff though.

You can go for b22-pcc-b311-exstab-into ender though!

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
I just noticed this thread was last edited Jul 17, 2015 - four months with no updates? Have you given up on us @Kindred? A lot of the damage percentages here need updated for their post-patch differences.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
I was looking into these, the b22-one especially. This could be so good theoretically. However b22-pcc-212 suffera from the same issue as the f212-string (i made a thread on this). On a standing opponent your combos work fine. If the opponent is ducking, the b22-pcc-212 seems to whiff though.

You can go for b22-pcc-b311-exstab-into ender though!
Yeah good point, you can choose to do a string into EX-SS instead of the 212 if you want to burn meter (you can actually do b22xx Plasma Cancel > 4xx EX-SS and it combos) but I figured if you can hit confirm the b22 then it isn't always worth spending a bar for an extra 10% damage when you're already going to get 30 or so.

You're right, it only works on standing opponents cause the first b2 hits high, so it's more just a tool to keep your opponent in check if he's moving around or putting out fireballs. If you do find that you're getting poked out by people anticipating the high a lot then one alternative thing you can do is b1 instead. It's still got decent range and hits mid, and you can plasma cancel b1 into f12u2 e.g. b1xx Plasma Cancel > f12u2 > b22xx GPS(middle) > b22xx SS (24% meterless) or b1xx Plasma Cancel > f12xx EX-SS etc.

Keeps em in check!

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Yeah good point, you can choose to do a string into EX-SS instead of the 212 if you want to burn meter (you can actually do b22xx Plasma Cancel > 4xx EX-SS and it combos) but I figured if you can hit confirm the b22 then it isn't always worth spending a bar for an extra 10% damage when you're already going to get 30 or so.

You're right, it only works on standing opponents cause the first b2 hits high, so it's more just a tool to keep your opponent in check if he's moving around or putting out fireballs. If you do find that you're getting poked out by people anticipating the high a lot then one alternative thing you can do is b1 instead. It's still got decent range and hits mid, and you can plasma cancel b1 into f12u2 e.g. b1xx Plasma Cancel > f12u2 > b22xx GPS(middle) > b22xx SS (24% meterless) or b1xx Plasma Cancel > f12xx EX-SS etc.

Keeps em in check!
Exactly! I prefer b311 for being hitconfirmable and for being the better option if you miss the link. Besides I think, it also does better damage! The day before I checked it for a couple of minutes, but I might very well be wrong on this.

Against pokeheavy opponents f1 is always risky. I preferably use it after 32, because of the jailing. Besides f12u2 is a pretty nice tool. It is only -2 and many opponents will fall for the ex scimitar/ex plasma afterwards.

I prefer f12u2 > b22~ex scimitar > JIK~disc > f4, then another disc. I slightly delay the 2nd disc so it also hits opponents that delay the standup. More often than not you can start another string, preferably f212. At least you can shoot another lowplasma for some added chip. Just keep the long blockstun of the disc in mind and don't do the followup-attack too early! Generally I have better success with going for disc set-ups than with going for max damage. That's one of the key mistakes current Predator players make, if you ask me.

The disc helps so much, as an opponent blocking the disc can be hit with a high attack. Like 32 or 122 or f12. Predator really struggles because of his strings being high.

Last edited:

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
I found that Gps doesn't scale as the other Pss do:
4xxPcc>2,1,2>4xxGps>3xxGps>3,2,1+3 (39%)
4xxPcc>b3,1,1xxExSs>4xxGps>3Gps>3,2,1+3 (48%)
I noticed this too, for example f12u2 > b22xx PS > b22xx SS does 23% but if you do a GPS instead of the straight shot it boots up to 25%. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional but it's worth noting.

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I found that Gps doesn't scale as the other Pss do:
4xxPcc>2,1,2>4xxGps>3xxGps>3,2,1+3 (39%)
4xxPcc>b3,1,1xxExSs>4xxGps>3Gps>3,2,1+3 (48%)
Wait, there still is a 48% combo? This find is very interesting indeed! I gotta look into this! Do you know what b3,1,1xxExSs>4xxGps>3Gps>3,2,1+3 does? b3,1,1xxExSs>4xxHigh Plasma>4xxGroundplasma>3,2,1+3 does 43% after the patch and still was my BnB. I gotta change that now, it seems!

4xxPCC is perefectly viable in the corner, because in the corner every lowplasma/32 puts the opponent in a staggering state. Thus one can work with a high move afterwards.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
I'm assuming the 48% is in the corner yeah? Highest I can do with Hish-Qu-Ten now is 49% 2 bars. It does have to end in the corner though. I would upload a video to explain but PS4 upload hasn't been working since the last system update >.>

jokey77

Character Loyalist
my highest 1-bar combo is 46 or so, starting with F212 close to the corner. not really practical.
with 4~pcc being like +8 on block, i really hope that these combos work. :)

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
my highest 1-bar combo is 46 or so, starting with F212 close to the corner. not really practical.
with 4~pcc being like +8 on block, i really hope that these combos work. :)
I just tested N-Zalo's 48%, can confirm that it works and is indeed 48% right now. Amazing find. It's also still 48% whether or not you do the 4pcc at the beginning, so you can start the combo from b311 and still hit 48%. It's epic, but I reckon GPS will get patched to scale properly soon.

Edit: Starting it from 4xx SS gets you 49%
Edit 2: 4pcc 4xx ss is 49% also, so you can stay plus and hit confirm for 49%

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
This is all so great. A big thanks goes to both of you guys, @Red King , @N-Zalo !

32 and (less practical) 21 into ex scimitar into the "new BnB" also does 48%!

Working with the idea of using lowplasma midscreen I have come up with a new midscreen BnB: b311~ex scimitar, 4~low plasma (mid), b22~scimitar doing 41%. One might even consider cancelling b22~cloak, as b22 gives plenty of plusframes.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
Working with the idea of using lowplasma midscreen I have come up with a new midscreen BnB: b311~ex scimitar, 4~low plasma (mid), b22~scimitar doing 41%. One might even consider cancelling b22~cloak, as b22 gives plenty of plusframes.
Nice. I've been doing the same thing, managed to get 47% midscreen for 2 bars. Isn't even that execution heavy so very viable:

b311xx EX-SS > 4xx EX-Airdisk > GPS(middle) > RC 4xx SS (47%, can start with 4xx EX-SS for same amount or 32xx SS for 46%)