What's new

MKX PC Mod - Rain Character Breakdown

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I bet Ketchup n Mustard kno something about future dlc.... Just my suspicion but im guessing rain will be released for free and announced this week. Im probably wrong. Oh well
You are 100000% incorrect.

If you think casters are given knowledge on future plans when it comes to the games content, you would be very much mistaken.

We only know what is needed for the Pro League, we don't even know if there is going to be a Season 3 for ESL, let alone content in the game itself.

Lokheit

Noob
#nerf Rain! Too many jails. Broken character. Unbalanced. S++++ tier. PC players would destroy console guys in crossplay. All hail the new order.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
You are 100000% incorrect.

If you think casters are given knowledge on future plans when it comes to the games content, you would be very much mistaken.

We only know what is needed for the Pro League, we don't even know if there is going to be a Season 3 for ESL, let alone content in the game itself.
Uhuh ill believe after the next lombat kast lol

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
This really makes me feel horrible inside. I really wanted rain so bad to be on the main roster along with smoke. so well detailed... the voice the skin and that lighting... why put that much work into a npc and never allow him to live? Sindel rain and Fujin as crypt unlocks would be godlike. Like tri-borg let them fall under one pallet and you can select them

#4RH FTW

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Sweet Prince <3

Maybe even NPC Tanya...
Natalia Kills version of Tanya needs to be excised from history. Hopefully she's been fixed [to her] real self in MKXL story mode.

oh the things that could have been

My exact reaction :(

Rain looks awesome! He seems to fit well into MKX.
He did fit well, it was some serious shade he was passed over for characters who were insignificant. Hopefully he gets this outfit as an alt for the next game... If Boon even gives him (and Tanya) a chance to be on the main roster next game.

you got leather face.
we got rain.
gg. no re.
Fact. I would sacrifice Leatherface and Jason for Rain and Sindel (Sorry Baraka). :(

Last edited:
Sweet Prince <3

Natalia Kills version of Tanya needs to be excised from history. Hopefully she's been fixed other real self in MKXL story mode.

My exact reaction :(

He did fit well, it was some serious shade he was passed over for characters who were insignificant. Hopefully he gets this outfit as an alt for the next game... If Boon even gives him (and Tanya) a chance to be on the main roster next game.

Fact. I would sacrifice Leatherface and Jason for Rain and Sindel (Sorry Baraka). :(
The things I do like about Michael Jackson is the string she has where two kicks, a flip kick then a fireball right after it. It was cool amd makes me realize that pyromancer really doesn't have enough moves at all. I also liked the animation for her split kick 1000x more, but that's it.

This really makes me feel horrible inside. I really wanted rain so bad to be on the main roster along with smoke. so well detailed... the voice the skin and that lighting... why put that much work into a npc and never allow him to live? Sindel rain and Fujin as crypt unlocks would be godlike. Like tri-borg let them fall under one pallet and you can select them

#4RH FTW
i honestly think that rain sindel and baraka were scheduled for kompat pack 1 or 2, but with the launch on disk dlc/characters backlash that they received from pretty much everyone in the industry they changed their plans. i also find it very suspecious that xenomorph has so many similarities with baraka... one that already was on the disk... /cough lazy nrs /cough

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
i honestly think that rain sindel and baraka were scheduled for kompat pack 1 or 2, but with the launch on disk dlc/characters backlash that they received from pretty much everyone in the industry they changed their plans. i also find it very suspecious that xenomorph has so many similarities with baraka... one that already was on the disk... /cough lazy nrs /cough
They were pretty adamant about not doing repeat DLC, even way before the game launched, so Rain was never on the table for being in the game sadly. Sindel and Baraka are simply not popular enough to be sold as DLC, no one is going to buy a kombat pack because Sindel is on the cover.

Xenomorph has a Baraka variation because they needed an excuse to make him look more bulky, as a proper human made Xeno would be too big and lanky to be playable.
A shokan born Xeno would have been a more interesting choice IMO.