What's new

Combo List - Kano MKX: Kano Highest Combos (up to 87%) by HRO!

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Cutthroat doesn't see as much play because people prefer the other variations, I've no idea why though. There are about the same number of Cutthroat mains on TYM as there are Commandos probably. And that's incorrect, "anyone who cares to win a match" doesn't play Cybernetic it's just people who prefer playing Cybernetic play Cybernetic. Coach Steve and Showtime I think it is play Commando more in tournament actually.
It's not an enigma youph.

ppl go with cybernetic because mid projectiles, b1, standing reset in corner and eye burst are more practical than a self damaging buff and a crappy overhead. Run or not, if your opp has a decent back walk speed, overhead still sucks.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

ppl go with cybernetic because mid projectiles, b1, standing reset in corner and eye burst are more practical than a self damaging buff and a crappy overhead. Run or not, if your opp has a decent back walk speed, overhead still sucks.
Noooooooo that's not what I meant. I meant I don't see why people don't play Cutthroat because it's so good. I can understand why people want to play Cybernetic or Commando, I mean I main Cybernetic as you pointed out.

People don't use the normal buff as much as the ex buff, especially considering the normal one damages you and you can get 80% off of the overhead (although it's a 1 frame link) using the ex buff. The overhead doesn't suck, it leaves you neutral on block and is hit confirmable into large damage. If you're complaining about its range you're not using the stamina bar properly. That's the whole point of oki you know...

Hidan

Noooooooo that's not what I meant. I meant I don't see why people don't play Cutthroat because it's so good. I can understand why people want to play Cybernetic or Commando, I mean I main Cybernetic as you pointed out.

People don't use the normal buff as much as the ex buff, especially considering the normal one damages you and you can get 80% off of the overhead (although it's a 1 frame link) using the ex buff. The overhead doesn't suck, it leaves you neutral on block and is hit confirmable into large damage. If you're complaining about its range you're not using the stamina bar properly. That's the whole point of oki you know...
I doubt it until I see efficient tournament play

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball

The thing that I love about Kano is that all of his variations are equally solid(save the whiffing bugs on Commando). Each variation covers a match up the other cannot unlike other characters. All three variations also play somewhat dirty in the corner. Cybernetic has standing reset b3 / throw mix up, Cutthroat has b12 db1 / b31 db1 shenanigans(Both are safe if opponent blocks just don't cancel into db1), and Commando can scare the opponent not to wake up with his parry and can mix up with b3, or command throw.

Also, Cutthroat b1 may not be a good overhead but it seems to beat some pokes and the b121 string itself is actually pretty fast and safe.

Youphemism

I doubt it until I see efficient tournament play
Well you don't play Kano so I can see why you might doubt it with the lack of Cutthroats in tournament but it is true, I wouldn't lie to you :p

Hidan

Well you don't play Kano so I can see why you might doubt it with the lack of Cutthroats in tournament but it is true, I wouldn't lie to you :p
Really??? how the hell can you even tell?

kano was the first character i picked, and was done with his breakdown after 3 days. Two weeks later I faced Nivek's thunder god with my cybernetic and we were toe to toe.

Hidan

The thing that I love about Kano is that all of his variations are equally solid(save the whiffing bugs on Commando). Each variation covers a match up the other cannot unlike other characters. All three variations also play somewhat dirty in the corner. Cybernetic has standing reset b3 / throw mix up, Cutthroat has b12 db1 / b31 db1 shenanigans(Both are safe if opponent blocks just don't cancel into db1), and Commando can scare the opponent not to wake up with his parry and can mix up with b3, or command throw.

Also, Cutthroat b1 may not be a good overhead but it seems to beat some pokes and the b121 string itself is actually pretty fast and safe.
agreed to all of this, I was just saying to the guy that cybernetic seems stronger, maybe easier, but still gives this feeling of dominance over the others

Youphemism

Really??? how the hell can you even tell?

kano was the first character i picked, and was done with his breakdown after 3 days. Two weeks later I faced Nivek's thunder god with my cybernetic and we were toe to toe.
If M2Dave is any example then you cannot figure out a character in 3 days so that doesn't really mean anything.

Cybernetic handles Raiden better, doesn't make the variation better. That's just one specific matchup so it also doesn't really make a difference. The point is the Cutthroat has better tools than the other two although the other two are easier to play, or at least Cybernetic is.

Cutthroat is stronger, Cybernetic is easier that's all.

Hidan

If M2Dave is any example then you cannot figure out a character in 3 days so that doesn't really mean anything.

Cybernetic handles Raiden better, doesn't make the variation better. That's just one specific matchup so it also doesn't really make a difference. The point is the Cutthroat has better tools than the other two although the other two are easier to play, or at least Cybernetic is.

Cutthroat is stronger, Cybernetic is easier that's all.
No, m2dave isn't an example

The game is shallow and kano might be the simplest character as always

Maybe cybernetic handles raiden better NOW, not back then.

No you miss the point. I said I doubt cutthroat is his best variation because noone has proved against it yet. Then you say "you don't play, you don't know" stuff. WTF? Don't talk shit because you add smileys or "lol". Doesn't make you considerate.

And that's the point. Until cutthroat tournament footage arrives your opinion is only theory

Youphemism

No, m2dave isn't an example

The game is shallow and kano might be the simplest character as always

No you miss the point. I said I doubt cutthroat is his best variation because noone has proved against it yet. Then you say "you don't play, you don't know" stuff. WTF? Don't talk shit because you add smileys or "lol". Doesn't make you considerate.

And that's the point. Until cutthroat tournament footage arrives your opinion is only theory
Kano might be the simplest character, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. With Bojutsu Kung Jin and Venomous D'Vorah existing of course Kano is the simplest. How simple he is isn't the point, Cutthroat is obviously his best variation. You shouldn't need tournament evidence to decide which is his best. Why is tournament play the only evidence you'll learn from? A Kano main is explaining to you why it's his best variation in what I'd have thought was enough detail for you but you don't believe me because I'm not playing Cutthroat in a tournament that you've seen. My opinion is not theory, I explained to you why Cutthroat is the best with facts about the variation based on his moveset. I don't understand why someone playing matches is going to prove anything, they're going to be using the moves I told you about. You going toe to toe with a Raiden one time a while ago doesn't make Cyber the best. I'm sure there is actually tournament footage of Cutthroat if you look around, if not I'll try and find some for you.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
kano might be the simplest character as always

Da fuq? :confused:

I think Cutthroat is his best variation as well. It just requires the most work, which is why you see it the least. It's why you see twice as many Spec Ops Sonya's than you do Demo Sonya's, even though Demo is clearly better. Or why you see many more Balanced Kenshi's than Kenjutsu when Kenjutsu is better in almost every way. Cutthroat is the best, but you see it less because it requires much more meter management, stamina management, greater execution, greater reads, Buff setups, better reactions, and the such. Cyber is used more because it's the easiest to learn right away and go.

I think as time goes more Cutthroat will pop up than it is now. Right now everyone who is playing a 50/50 character goes to the ones that require no thinking or have an overload of tools, so Cutt is the last place they would look, and Kano players are using the Kano which they feel most comfortable with to win which is Comm/Cyber. I myself use Cyber the most knowing I need to keep learning and use Cutt as the main eventually for these reasons.

Hidan

I think Cutthroat is his best variation as well. It just requires the most work, which is why you see it the least. It's why you see twice as many Spec Ops Sonya's than you do Demo Sonya's, even though Demo is clearly better. Or why you see many more Balanced Kenshi's than Kenjutsu when Kenjutsu is better in almost every way. Cutthroat is the best, but you see it less because it requires much more meter management, stamina management, greater execution, greater reads, Buff setups, better reactions, and the such. Cyber is used more because it's the easiest to learn right away and go.

I think as time goes more Cutthroat will pop up than it is now. Right now everyone who is playing a 50/50 character goes to the ones that require no thinking or have an overload of tools, so Cutt is the last place they would look, and Kano players are using the Kano which they feel most comfortable with to win which is Comm/Cyber. I myself use Cyber the most knowing I need to keep learning and use Cutt as the main eventually for these reasons.
In terms of practicality, like if someone right now comes to you saying "MKX ft3 100 bucks" what would you choose? (He doesn't say what he uses)

Hidan

Kano might be the simplest character, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. With Bojutsu Kung Jin and Venomous D'Vorah existing of course Kano is the simplest. How simple he is isn't the point, Cutthroat is obviously his best variation. You shouldn't need tournament evidence to decide which is his best. Why is tournament play the only evidence you'll learn from? A Kano main is explaining to you why it's his best variation in what I'd have thought was enough detail for you but you don't believe me because I'm not playing Cutthroat in a tournament that you've seen. My opinion is not theory, I explained to you why Cutthroat is the best with facts about the variation based on his moveset. I don't understand why someone playing matches is going to prove anything, they're going to be using the moves I told you about. You going toe to toe with a Raiden one time a while ago doesn't make Cyber the best. I'm sure there is actually tournament footage of Cutthroat if you look around, if not I'll try and find some for you.
I talk about characters, you talk about variations. I didn't say how he wins, maybe everyone is better in this. I meant how he plays.

I won't even bother comment the rest of this post

Look... and I'd like this to end here. When I played kano I saw 1 of his variations to be stronger. Thought to myself "it can't that simple, must see what others think". Then footage made its appearance. It wasn't much, but only cybernetic was there to be seen. Even in other threads they were mentioning kano's mid knives for nerfing and stuff, like he had one variation. All player "tags" had cybernetic on. It was a terminator era.
Now I hear from you "cutthroat was always the best".

If by the last two months I wasn't paying attention, you and others labbed cutthroat so much to the point someone gets a placing where cybernetic failed, I'd like to see that.

I like all 3 of his variations. Like I said before, in this game Kano reached his zenith. Appearance, quotes, victory pose, animations and fighting styles (variations) all are top.

Flood the internet with cutthroat wins, follow with commando if you will.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

I hate to admit it but this is exactly why I don't really play CT. I simply don't put enough time into the variation (or the game much anymore sadly) and it is honestly much harder than the other two, especially cyber, to manage and play well with as you said. Commando is so damn fun, the one liners and those Brutalities! But I recognize what makes chars or variations good and what makes them great and LBSH 50/50's are just too good in this game as is strong oki in several MU's. Wish I had more time to work on him and hope that some Kano's do us proud.

LEGI0N47

I talk about characters, you talk about variations. I didn't say how he wins, maybe everyone is better in this. I meant how he plays.

Look... and I'd like this to end here. When I played kano I saw 1 of his variations to be stronger. Thought to myself "it can't that simple, must what others think". Whenever I checked TYM, they were talking about the same variation, number of posts between the 3 threads would easily point that out back then. Then footage made its appearance. It wasn't much, but only cybernetic was there to be seen. Even in other threads they were mentioning kano's mid knives for nerfing and stuff like he had one variation. All player "tags" had cybernetic on. It was a cybernetic era.

Now if by the last two months I wasn't paying attention, you and others labbed cutthroat so much to the point someone gets a placing where cybernetic failed, I'd like to see that.

I like all 3 of his variations. Like I said before, in this game Kano reached his zenith. Appearance, quotes, victory pose, animations and fighting styles (variations) all are top.

Dude it was right here on the Kano board since the beginning. The same people in this thread all agreed that CT was going to need to be played and that it was strong and maybe his strongest. But we got caught up checking things out, chit chatting about whatever, having fun spreading salt as the #Knifeboyz online or giving throat hugs. But if you really look it's always been here.

Hidan

Dude it was right here on the Kano board since the beginning. The same people in this thread all agreed that CT was going to need to be played and that it was strong and maybe his strongest. But we got caught up checking things out, chit chatting about whatever, having fun spreading salt as the #Knifeboyz online or giving throat hugs. But if you really look it's always been here.
My bad on the thread section then

Will edit

LEGI0N47

My bad on the thread section then
No worries. It varies from board to board. On some they talk about the weakest, most fun, or coolest ones most while others only talk about the dominant variation. There is honestly a lot of good shit and little nuggets of info all over this place that only has a few people respond to while well known posters or troll posts rise to the top. But it is a community after all so that's bound to happen.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In terms of practicality, like if someone right now comes to you saying "MKX ft3 100 bucks" what would you choose? (He doesn't say what he uses)
If someone MM me right now I'd pick Cyber Kano without even hesitating. If you ask me that same question in November it'll likely be Cutt without even hesitating for the rest of the duration of the game (barring buffs/nerfs altering the character majorly).

People will always use what will help them win above all else. I realize Cutt is the best, but I'm currently better with Cyber due to familiarity and ease of use. I'm awful in the Scorpion MU, and it's awful for Cyber Kano as most agree, but for Cutt it isn't bad at all. Yet when I played Scoot offline I used Cyber because I'm not as comfortable to use Cutt against a strong opponent yet. Not that I don't "know" Cutt is better, I just haven't gotten it down yet. I'm gradually building my Cutt better to the point where in a couple more months it should be my predominant variation, but it is just much harder to pick up than the other two. That's why I think the Sonya example is best. Perfectly tourney viable character, but you see a dozen Spec Ops Sonya's before you see a Demo, even though Demo is significantly better. Why? Because you can learn SO's in a day while people are still grinding out Demo 4 months later.

I think Kano is riding the same boat with Cutt as opposed to Cyber/Comm.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Look... and I'd like this to end here. When I played kano I saw 1 of his variations to be stronger. Thought to myself "it can't that simple, must see what others think". Then footage made its appearance. It wasn't much, but only cybernetic was there to be seen. Even in other threads they were mentioning kano's mid knives for nerfing and stuff, like he had one variation. All player "tags" had cybernetic on. It was a terminator era.

If by the last two months I wasn't paying attention, you and others labbed cutthroat so much to the point someone gets a placing where cybernetic failed, I'd like to see that.

I'm of the opinion that Cutthroat is his weakest variation. Commando > Cyber > Cutthroat. But I'm in a minority.

Hidan

I'm of the opinion that Cutthroat is his weakest variation. Commando > Cyber > Cutthroat. But I'm in a minority.
A minority?!?!

....same for me then buddy
If someone MM me right now I'd pick Cyber Kano without even hesitating. If you ask me that same question in November it'll likely be Cutt without even hesitating for the rest of the duration of the game (barring buffs/nerfs altering the character majorly).

People will always use what will help them win above all else. I realize Cutt is the best, but I'm currently better with Cyber due to familiarity and ease of use. I'm awful in the Scorpion MU, and it's awful for Cyber Kano as most agree, but for Cutt it isn't bad at all. Yet when I played Scoot offline I used Cyber because I'm not as comfortable to use Cutt against a strong opponent yet. Not that I don't "know" Cutt is better, I just haven't gotten it down yet. I'm gradually building my Cutt better to the point where in a couple more months it should be my predominant variation, but it is just much harder to pick up than the other two. That's why I think the Sonya example is best. Perfectly tourney viable character, but you see a dozen Spec Ops Sonya's before you see a Demo, even though Demo is significantly better. Why? Because you can learn SO's in a day while people are still grinding out Demo 4 months later.

I think Kano is riding the same boat with Cutt as opposed to Cyber/Comm.
If I somehow remember it till November I will. Even if cutthroat is better till then, its favorable matchups might be the minority... except if you body everything with cutthroat out of devotion and familiarity.

Youphemism

Did you not watch any of the ESL streams or videos? MasterVHD for one was a Cutthroat main, although he didn't optimise his combos, but he was still in tournaments and played Cutthroat almost all the time.

In the end it's not about how many people play a variation or what the most represented variation in tournament is, it's about what happens when you lay out all the variations' tools and compare them. Cutthroats variation specifics are better than the specifics of the other two variations: damage, mixups, maybe even footsies with tools like DB1. It just requires more effort to do well with Cutthroat and most people in tournaments seem to prefer to play easy characters/variations, like Cybernetic. It's the same reason you see more Covert Ops Sonyas than Demolition or Special Forces Sonyas even though Demolition and Special Forces are arguably better variations, Covert Ops is just easier. Same with Marksman and Outlaw Erron, Marksman is marginally better (although they're both similarly good) but Outlaw is easier which is why it appears more in tournament. I can't guarantee we'll see more Cutthroats in tournament but I can guarantee it's the best variation (at least right now, they could change him a bunch in the patch and that might change).