What's new

MKX Interview w/ Ed Boon - Select Screen has "hints of truth", EVO players confirmed to help balance

It may've sounded like I was hurt but in actuality, I wasn't. Just a fan who isn't going to just sit here and smooch up to everything I see or hear, I have a voice and these forums allow me to say it aloud (even if they aren't supported or if they are). I can easily save the money but the way it seems right now if the main team isn't going to work on the 360/PS3 ports, why get it still? It makes me feel like a consumer and a buyer that the product I'm trying to invest in, isn't going to fulfill its promise.
lol then don't get a 360/ps3 version get an xbone or ps4? If you can easily save then why not just save instead of complaining? lol if you're talking about investments. The 360/ps3 has both been around for more than 4 years now, I would say your investment of 300-400 dollars from back in the day was good. The new generation of consoles are expected to last longer than that, so your investment will be fine.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I think people money grows on trees... Do any of have a family to take care of? I mean when does reality kick in for any of you? If you guys can waste $400 dollars on a video game system, then i highly question you.
Don't be so judgemental. I don't make a lot of money, but every paycheck I allot myself a small amount of money for entertainment purposes. When the PS4 was announced, I started saving my entertainment funds, coupled with selling some things I don't have any need for on Ebay, I was able to just recently get my PS4. It's what I wanted, I didn't have any debts, and was content financially, while comfortable in my personal choice of how to spend some of my spare cash. Now that MKX has been announced for PS4, and the bundle of games releasing in October, I'm more than satisfied in my purchase. If you find the value isn't up to your standards, that's totally okay, but it's a two-way street.

Ok, this is honestly bothering me. And I am considering an average working person, who has a year to save up, or a year+ to save up 400. When 360s released they never dipped below 300, so what are you expecting the price to be? You all own 360s don't you? So, you'll find a way to get XBone or PS4.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
How much does the Xbox One cost anyway and is it worth getting over than PS4?
Xbox One's are soon to get a $100 price cut, bringing them down to a more reasonable $400, same as PS4. I personally prefer PS4's selection of games, but that's my personal thoughts on the matter.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Please read the other reply as I easily stated I can easily afford the system, however, I'm not going to just be an idiot and immediately buy the system just for some MKX. I get it, the game is looking good... so far, but that shouldn't make people go out and get it (unless they REALLY want to get it during the first week). And besides, I prefer getting the game when all unlockables are easily out anyway..

Then just play it for previous gen? i dont understand why your bitching

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
not sure if this has been mentioned but sindel and kitana can kill eachother. maybe cage or sonya comes back as a zombie. im down for that.
Yes! And Sindel DID kill Kitana in MK 9 lol so not sure why this is such a big deal. If the media makes a stink over it, wouldn't be the first time and sure as hell won't be the last(but I personally think if anything the media will bash "how violent the game is" if it's not gun crying bs, it's usually violence or sex...

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Please read the other reply as I easily stated I can easily afford the system, however, I'm not going to just be an idiot and immediately buy the system just for some MKX. I get it, the game is looking good... so far, but that shouldn't make people go out and get it (unless they REALLY want to get it during the first week). And besides, I prefer getting the game when all unlockables are easily out anyway..
On one point I agree with you, shit I would by MKX if it comes out as a Komplete Edition again but that'll be another yr. But anyway's ppl work hard as they should so they can get this things they want b/c they want it, same thing as for ppl who have families they work to bring food on the table b/c they want it. Some ppl want families some ppl dont, I preferably dont, but like I said to each their own.

Last edited:

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Major bullshit is being thrown to at the PS3/XBOX360 players and owners. You still have a complete market of people who are willing to buy this game on the still-"current" generation systems, yet the main team isn't going to be working on it? I'm not all that pleased as I was earlier about this and it kinda(no not kind of, it does) make me upset. No one is really going to take that risk and play this game on a newer generation system that has YET to even have anything good for it. Let alone no one is going to risk their money on something that isn't guaranteed.

I'm not liking this new direction for the team but I understand why. They're trying to kiss the butts of the newer generation owners while at the same time trying to appeal to us older generation owners but, its not going to pay off as it did for MK9. I don't feel that MK10 is going to be the sam because of this decision. Its just me but... I don't feel its right to put all the eggs in that one basket yet, not now and not too fast.
Denial, that's what it is. If Mkx was coming out right now your logic might have had a tiny bit of merit, bit its not. Its coming out at least 6 months later and possibly a year or more. It's not even next gen exclusive. So they are not putting their eggs in one basket at all. Mkx will sell well on ps3/x360 because an extremely small fraction of old gen owners will ever realize that Mkx has not been perfected for it and an even smaller fraction will care. It is unreasonable to expect games coming out now to be optimized for ps3/x360 as it so severely limits the capabilities of the game.

What this decision will do is yield a much better game than it would have if it was made for the old gen. That game would not have felt like Mk10, more like Mk9.5. It would have no lasting impact and THAT would have hurt the sales.

That guy is making no sense at all. Lol. MKX is coming out for old gen buy it on old gen.

Why should they exclusively make a game for old consoles when new gen is out, makes no sense. The world doesn't wait for you to save up $400, and it'll keep spinning when you die too. That's life.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@Skylight1 : I'm not gonna rag on you for waiting to jump to next gen. I made the mistake of getting PS3, though I do like it, but I got it still to early on and 360 wound up being the better running console for multi-plats. Investing in a next gen system is definitely what you want to take your time with. I will say this if you want the best way to play the new game though new gen is what your gonna have to invest in, eventually you will have to make that jump if your gonna continue to be a gamer, because the days on PS3 and 360 are numbered now and currently I think last gen is lucky that developers are still cross gening the games right now, because by now most cross gening starts to taper off and this year's E3 is showing that so far.

As for which system to get well your going to have to look at overall performance rather than exclusives IMO. Even though the PS3 exclusives ran and looked damn good, most of the multi-plats ran like a wet sock and the 360 versions were just so much nicer. The online play is a factor too, I hear constantly that XBL is just a better network, but I haven't had many issues with PSN personally, but then again I only play FGs online. The exclusives do matter as well it definitely offers reasons to buy a new console and which one to buy. IMO I like what Sony has coming such as the Bloodborne game coming out, X1 though left a bad taste in my mouth from last year's reveal, which we all know what happened there. I was never a big Halo fanboy so the prospects of new Halo games 0 interests me and Titanfall just did not look amazing to me. Also back in performance the X1 has been showing to perform sub-par on the multi-plats, but I think they may be getting better from what I have seen.

I adopted early on with PS4 )it was a X-Mas gift) and I quite enjoy the console and I'm ready for more new gen games, most of the games I played on it look and perform exceptionally well, excluding Thief which runs like ass!

W/e you choose I will say that if you plan to compete in FGs be ready to have to be able to play on either version of the game, in other words find a controller that is gonna be useful for both systems.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Major bullshit is being thrown to at the PS3/XBOX360 players and owners. You still have a complete market of people who are willing to buy this game on the still-"current" generation systems, yet the main team isn't going to be working on it? I'm not all that pleased as I was earlier about this and it kinda(no not kind of, it does) make me upset. No one is really going to take that risk and play this game on a newer generation system that has YET to even have anything good for it. Let alone no one is going to risk their money on something that isn't guaranteed.

I'm not liking this new direction for the team but I understand why. They're trying to kiss the butts of the newer generation owners while at the same time trying to appeal to us older generation owners but, its not going to pay off as it did for MK9. I don't feel that MK10 is going to be the sam because of this decision. Its just me but... I don't feel its right to put all the eggs in that one basket yet, not now and not too fast.
So, you're saying NRS shouldn't try to make the best game they can with the tools they have? Stop being greedy and let the industry fucking evolve

I had a PS3, Injustice ran like shit on it. Try playing Zod and fortress of solitude. There is no way I'd get MKX for 360/PS3. The devs did everything they could to push the limits of those consoles but they hit their limit and towards the end they started compromising performance in order to keep visual aesthetics up.