What's new

MKX - Interactables Detailed Discussion

So I was watching a gameplay video on MKX and started thinking about the interactables. We know that they are definitely in, and also that they are blockable. So here's a few questions, wondering what other folks think:

1) If blocked, should interactables cause chip (my assumption and preference would be yes)
2) Should using interactables cost stamina or meter in any way? (I'm thinking damage causing interactables should potentially cost stamina, not sure though)
3a) Should it be possible to use interactables while a combo is active? (We know that because they are blockable, that should eliminate some knockdown setups for unscaled damage, but what about incorporating within an active combo)
3b) If yes to 3a, should it do scaled or unscaled damage?

My thought on question 3 is that using interactables during an active combo would be cool, as long as there aren't any damage interactables that could easily be spaced--so basically, anything in or close to the corner. On the scaled damage, again, if you on-the-fly incorporate say one of those bodies that fly up from the water, an unscaled damage payoff would be nice, but I fear setups could somehow be found and abused. Reacting on the fly and incorporating an interactable would be cool, and if unscaled damage would be done, it would make people want to take a chance on it. If not, they'll likely only be used in the neutral game.

It's tough to have concrete opinions on these things without knowing the game balance, but at the same time, we've played past games with these mechanics and we know that developers can include stuff that ends up being crazy OP, so potentially discussing things like this in detail could be helpful. Patches are obviously expensive, so any discussions while the game is still in development would be good.

Anyone else think about the details on this sort of thing?

SZSR

Noob
Interactables use stamina so the interactable combos are probably gonna be short, but honestly I feel like the projectile interactables should just act like universal special moves while the acrobatic ones make zoning more complex.