What's new

MKX in a car on a TV and projector!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So i've been wanting to do this for a while but have been waiting for projector technology to become smaller, more compact as well as cheaper. Well my wish came true at the end of last year. A new chinese projector hit the market and it is the perfect size! Its called the "UNIC UC50" Its a DLP LED pocket projector that has 800 lumens.

This is the projector and it's components..

I purchased one of these 2 weeks ago and just had it installed 2 days ago. Here is what it looks like inside the car and on walls that you drive up too.

Here is the PS4 connected to the TV in my car. The TV and the projector run simultaneously .

A view from the backseat. (TV is usually very clear, but for some reason comes up bright when i take a pic)

Here is the projector mounted on the windshield of my car. I used a gopro tripod mount to mount it on the windshield .

The projector is connected to a HDMI cable, a composite cable and a micro usb cable for power.

The HDMI cable goes from the roof lining to the boot (trunk) of the car where it is connected to a 1 in 4 out HDMI splitter. Another HDMI goes to the back of the head unit from the boot and another goes to the centre console from the boot.

The composite cable is fed directly from the back of the video output on the head unit. This means that whatever is playing on the TV, whether it be music videos, TV or movies, it all gets displayed on the projector as well.

TONY-T

Mad scientist

This is the projector mounted in the center console. Again, it is connected to a HDMI, composite and a Micro USB cable for power.

When the projector shows on the roof of the car, it reaches to about a 35" screen. Video below!

Here is the projector in action on a wall that i just drove up to. The screen reaches up to 100" before it starts to get to dark.

I took this photo with the flash on so you can get a size comparison with the car..

MKX projected at 100" screen size! Best thing about this projector is that there is no lag! NONE!

It's also good for movies! Makeshift drive in movie theater! This was Pacific Rim playing on Netflix! Yes i can also go online with the ps4 when i tether it to my phone via hotspot.

Probably one of the coolest mods I've done :)

E

Eldriken

Wow. This is awesome. I'd go nuts if I was walking around one day and just randomly saw MKX being played on a wall somewhere.

Well done.