What's new

Tech - Kuatan Warrior MKX GORO TECH & COMBO VIDEO. 1 BAR 48% + MORE!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
oh man, after more rigorous testing it appears i'm an asshole. EX grab does work with very tight timing. Apologies.
So does b121 and normal ground pound!
The only stuff that does not work is is grounded sweep, grounded 112, and bf1.
Well thank god for that lol. Yep, "unscaled extra guaranteed damage in combos" who would have thought? :p

All good dude :)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@TONY-T, hey tony how are you m8, long time no see. Have you tested this against Reptile's ex slide as well? Or KL's ex spin? Just mentioning those two cause they have the fastest wake ups in the game. Really good find btw.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Very nice, not sure if it's worth losing fire breath pressure and a good projectile but it's definitely making the choice more difficult. Well done.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Very nice, not sure if it's worth losing fire breath pressure and a good projectile but it's definitely making the choice more difficult. Well done.
Yeah... i had a write up on what i thought

but seriously... i don't think you really can go wrong with any of the variations.

They don't really "change" how he plays.... they all just enhance a different aspect of his game.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Yeah... i had a write up on what i thought

but seriously... i don't think you really can go wrong with any of the variations.

They don't really "change" how he plays.... they all just enhance a different aspect of his game.
Yea this post by Tony T just confirms that Goro has no trash variations.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
@TONY-T, hey tony how are you m8, long time no see. Have you tested this against Reptile's ex slide as well? Or KL's ex spin? Just mentioning those two cause they have the fastest wake ups in the game. Really good find btw.
Hey Metzos! Ive tested against xrays as well as normal wakeups. The ex ground pound hits them otg before any character can activate their wakeup attack.
It even hits the tech roll animation.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Hey Metzos! Ive tested against xrays as well as normal wakeups. The ex ground pound hits them otg before any character can activate their wakeup attack.
It even hits the tech roll animation.
I picked KW last time i went to GDA and used this. All i can say is damn. Looks like KW seems to be his best var atm in terms of dmg and zoning as well. Tyvm for this find Tony.

Obamu

Noob
Really want to main goro but other character's "unfair" stuff like Lui Kang's infinite, scorpion vortex, Kano's b1, Quan's full screen zone, sub0's grandmaster clone spam, cassie's full auto spam

I've been wondering around the forums on who to main

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Really want to main goro but other character's "unfair" stuff like Lui Kang's infinite, scorpion vortex, Kano's b1, Quan's full screen zone, sub0's grandmaster clone spam, cassie's full auto spam

I've been wondering around the forums on who to main
Goro can deal easily against all the characters you mentioned, except QC probably. His zoning can be a bit problematic, but once Goro gets in, he never gets out and QC is screwed.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
Wow thanks for the responses guys.

And extra thanks to Tony-T who went out of his way to prove his point with video evidence.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
this is 100% guaranteed just like Shinnok's Ex unblockable ground hit, i'm sure Jax can do the same.

The ex versions OTG and pick people up for the hit when they are otherwise "invulnerable". The moves Tony mentioned have enough hit advantage that the OTG ground pound makes contact before the point someone can even input a wake-up / backdash, meaning it is 100% guaranteed.

It's like Scorpion ending a combo with air throw in MK9, then doing the Ex Hellfire to OTG them for guaranteed damage. Same concept, move OTG's before the opponent is able to input again. Good stuff @TONY-T Goro is doing some serious damage now it seems.

From what I've tested so far, EX ground pound is guaranteed after the following things..

b121
b4 (sweep)
dd4 (non enhanced version)
EXdbf3
bf1 (on hit) [standing opponent only]
d2 (uppercut)

plus if you do certain other types of single hits at the end of combos, you can also make the EX ground pound hit for guaranteed damage.
f4 overhead is guaranteed as well if it wasnt known

Would you be able to please post the inputs for the combos? And any comment on what is safe and useful in terms of Goro's strings?

Edit: I just realized the date this was posted. Is the tech here still relevant or are there newer methods perhaps? I dont think hes been changed at all so I assume its the same.