What's new

MKX Gameplay Similarities with Injustice

Not going to lie, when I saw the CG trailer I was thinking please don't let their be interactables or anything else from Injustice. After seeing the gameplay trailer, it does look pretty cool and if done right, it could be ok. Here are the things that would absolutely kill MK for me if they were to transition from Injustice:

1) Unblockable interactables, just no NRS

2) Stage transitions. This one I feel like should be a little more specific--long stage transitions. If they were like the ones from MK3, that could maybe be ok, but none of this long cinematic bs, please leave that crap out of MK.

3) Dashing/Movement like Injustice--this should probably be number 1. Please do not make the movement all awkward and slow.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@ERR0R MACR0

You can't really pull any of these out of the gameplay trailer.

1) NRS community manager said interactables are blockable

2) They didn't show any and I bet they would if they had them. First INJ gameplay showed transitions.

3) People were walking fast as fuck in this...looked like people were dashing and running at different times.

@ERR0R MACR0

You can't really pull any of these out of the gameplay trailer.

1) NRS community manager said interactables are blockable

2) They didn't show any and I bet they would if they had them. First INJ gameplay showed transitions.

3) People were walking fast as fuck in this...looked like people were dashing and running at different times.
They did show some, Bug lady threw a barrel, and interactive objects highlight white this time around.

Oops, stage transitions. Nvm.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Scorpion and Sub-Zero have runs, and it looks like they can cancel them.

Bug lady and not grundy have dashes.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Scorpion and Sub-Zero have runs, and it looks like they can cancel them.

Bug lady and not grundy have dashes.
It could be stances or something. I've seen people mentioning only in some clips scorp used his sword so it may be a stance. Some stances dash some run ala grooves in CVS2?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
It could be stances or something. I've seen people mentioning only in some clips scorp used his sword so it may be a stance. Some stances dash some run ala grooves in CVS2?
It could be, gonna have to wait for them to show it off during E3 proper.

Either way, it seems super interesting.

Yeah, wasn't saying that these things were in the trailer, just that these things would kind of kill MKs hype for me. So far it's sounding good, blockable interactables: check.