What's new

Combo List - Ermac MKX Ermac Combos Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It's impossible to save your bar the entire match or nobody would spend it because of such, but it's a fighting game and fighting games you sometimes have to take risks, I just choose to take smaller ones over bigger ones (ie random xrays which sometimes work, sometimes don't or ending a combo on a first round) As for lag, never heard anyone on here say the online is flawless enough to connect combos you can do offline far easier the same as online. Maybe you're playing people in the same region but I've played very laggy or people with not the best connections on live a lot.

I'm sure most would agree a lot of combos you can do easily or easier offline can't be done online as easy. I never see Ermac's standard 40% meterless ending in B1,2, F4, soul burst(vicinity blast) done consistently. That and most of the time I do this combo the imputs do B1, 3, 4 instead and just kicks him away. Screw that lol. I'll take a bar for guaranteed 40% over a risky, not guaranteed meterless and tougher to connect online maybe 40%(if connected) combo.

Check the parts of your post i highlighted.

You can finish the combos i posted without rc and still get 40% dmg. Online is an issue for rc combos from what i ve heard i agree with you but there are ways around that to get the same damage without rc.

What are you talking about regarding negative edge? You can turn it off from the controls options. I never had any issues with negative edge in MKX and especially with the combos i posted to you. If you play with negative edge on, thats your problem, not that the combos are not practical lol.
I know you can shut it off lol just saying for someone newer may not know about that like some friends of mine who didn't know what me was wondering why inputs for another come out. Had a few friends ask me what they do, and explained it to them now they can do certain combos easier than before by tweaking NE and such.

I've practiced those combos honestly imo not worth the trouble because they're risk reward meaning you connect itc fine but dropped or whiffed youre doing 37 -39% anyway for a guaranteed combo some of which I posted its better because one bar means little for definite, guaranteed damage. The ones you listed I rarely see pulled off flawlessly in general.

Then again I hardly see ermac used but thats another story. I agree on the online being an issue, sure we all do. But one thing I disagree on is the one bar being an issue when erm gains meter fast, and two you said earlier you felt should be saved for other things like an Xray , breaker etc. Breaker agree that's why I don't mind one bar here and there. Xray though honestly it's only good for ending a match or ending a combo imo because since they can be avoided or blocked then you just wasted 3 bars on a chance lol.

At any rate, I am sure most in here know how to play Ermac and have various tactics but just posted some of my favorite combos. Didn't realize this was also a "meter management" thread too lol

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It's impossible to save your bar the entire match or nobody would spend it because of such, but it's a fighting game and fighting games you sometimes have to take risks, I just choose to take smaller ones over bigger ones (ie random xrays which sometimes work, sometimes don't or ending a combo on a first round) As for lag, never heard anyone on here say the online is flawless enough to connect combos you can do offline far easier the same as online. Maybe you're playing people in the same region but I've played very laggy or people with not the best connections on live a lot.

I'm sure most would agree a lot of combos you can do easily or easier offline can't be done online as easy. I never see Ermac's standard 40% meterless ending in B1,2, F4, soul burst(vicinity blast) done consistently. That and most of the time I do this combo the imputs do B1, 3, 4 instead and just kicks him away. Screw that lol. I'll take a bar for guaranteed 40% over a risky, not guaranteed meterless and tougher to connect online maybe 40%(if connected) combo.

I know you can shut it off lol just saying for someone newer may not know about that like some friends of mine who didn't know what me was wondering why inputs for another come out. Had a few friends ask me what they do, and explained it to them now they can do certain combos easier than before by tweaking NE and such.

I've practiced those combos honestly imo not worth the trouble because they're risk reward meaning you connect itc fine but dropped or whiffed youre doing 37 -39% anyway for a guaranteed combo some of which I posted its better because one bar means little for definite, guaranteed damage. The ones you listed I rarely see pulled off flawlessly in general.

Then again I hardly see ermac used but thats another story. I agree on the online being an issue, sure we all do. But one thing I disagree on is the one bar being an issue when erm gains meter fast, and two you said earlier you felt should be saved for other things like an Xray , breaker etc. Breaker agree that's why I don't mind one bar here and there. Xray though honestly it's only good for ending a match or ending a combo imo because since they can be avoided or blocked then you just wasted 3 bars on a chance lol.

At any rate, I am sure most in here know how to play Ermac and have various tactics but just posted some of my favorite combos. Didn't realize this was also a "meter management" thread too lol

Regarding the use of X-RAY, it depends. In MKX successful X-RAY'S can easily turn the tide of a round, especially if its the final round. MoS Ermac can use that to his advantage, simply because of his great whiff punishing and meterless damage out put afterwards.

I also forgot to mention at my previous posts that you can deal 37% meterless dmg without meter as well. I believe the use of meter to deal the damage you would deal meterless, is a waste of meter in general, especially with Ermac since his 50/50 mix ups are so unsafe. Online restricts you from doing that, cause it sucks from what i ve heard. I dont play online at all. Offline is a whole other story.

Online is a different game, so go for easier combos then. If you practice combos, OFFLINE, there is no such thing as "impractical" combos, with some exceptions of course and usually those exceptions are not worth the damage they deal to be pulled off.

Regarding meter management it is possible to save your meter for breaker, armor, unbreakable damage or X-RAY, for an entire round, even match, especially with Ermac.

If you see high lvl offline matches you ll notice that almost no one uses meter for combos, that would deal the same damage meterless. They save the meter for wake up armor, breaker or AA X-RAY. This will be shown more in the future, especially with MoS Ermac and Ermac in general since he is so unsafe.

If you have two bars of meter for example, and you use one for a combo, opponent can take advantage of that, especially characters with safe setups and mix ups.

In that perspective, Ermac is the same as he was in MK9.

MKF30

Regarding the use of X-RAY, it depends. In MKX successful X-RAY'S can easily turn the tide of a round, especially if its the final round. MoS Ermac can use that to his advantage, simply because of his great whiff punishing and meterless damage out put afterwards.

I also forgot to mention at my previous posts that you can deal 37% meterless dmg without meter as well. I believe the use of meter to deal the damage you would deal meterless, is a waste of meter in general, especially with Ermac since his 50/50 mix ups are so unsafe. Online restricts you from doing that, cause it sucks from what i ve heard. I dont play online at all. Offline is a whole other story.

Online is a different game, so go for easier combos then. If you practice combos, OFFLINE, there is no such thing as "impractical" combos, with some exceptions of course and usually those exceptions are not worth the damage they deal to be pulled off.

Regarding meter management it is possible to save your meter for breaker, armor, unbreakable damage or X-RAY, for an entire round, even match, especially with Ermac.

If you see high lvl offline matches you ll notice that almost no one uses meter for combos, that would deal the same damage meterless. They save the meter for wake up armor, breaker or AA X-RAY. This will be shown more in the future, especially with MoS Ermac and Ermac in general since he is so unsafe.

If you have two bars of meter for example, and you use one for a combo, opponent can take advantage of that, especially characters with safe setups and mix ups.

In that perspective, Ermac is the same as he was in MK9.
Honestly dude the Xray scenario turning the tide could be said for nearly anyone since most deal similar damage output and no more or less advantageous than mk9. I mean combo into Xray or naked on a third round can be vital either way in either game. Especially mk9 since no run. That's how I look at both games regarding Xray. Just saying the downside is if blocked, whiffed or dodged in either game that's full meter just wasted lol.

Yes, on average I tend to do 30-39% damage no meter in fights which is good enough. In mkx especially scaling, less damage output in general compared to mk9. I'm only disputing 40-41 no meter being risky and I don't mind using one bar here and there since I gain that bsck fast.

I've played offline too but just not a major event, obviously on vs off massive feel of difference. That being said remember you said almost everyone, I have a very unorthodox style. Even in mk9 I was the only erm player to do tons of air cancels which worked more times then not yet was way slower and risky compared to mkx version. He can tech cancel out of disappear in air or buffer into flight to stay in the air. Mixing all that up with air sb, slams, cancels, blasts, disappears into nip, njk etc you'd be surprised how confounded one can be if implemented correctly. That also gains meter back doing that in process.

It's worked for me vs solid players I've met, just saying theres always diff tactics that can work for you, i am not a guy who just relies on resets, vortexs, meterless damage etc when lets JUST say the chances of going thru an entire match without using meter is slim.

Afumba

Noob
Honestly dude the Xray scenario turning the tide could be said for nearly anyone since most deal similar damage output and no more or less advantageous than mk9. I mean combo into Xray or naked on a third round can be vital either way in either game. Especially mk9 since no run. That's how I look at both games regarding Xray. Just saying the downside is if blocked, whiffed or dodged in either game that's full meter just wasted lol.

Yes, on average I tend to do 30-39% damage no meter in fights which is good enough. In mkx especially scaling, less damage output in general compared to mk9. I'm only disputing 40-41 no meter being risky and I don't mind using one bar here and there since I gain that bsck fast.

I've played offline too but just not a major event, obviously on vs off massive feel of difference. That being said remember you said almost everyone, I have a very unorthodox style. Even in mk9 I was the only erm player to do tons of air cancels which worked more times then not yet was way slower and risky compared to mkx version. He can tech cancel out of disappear in air or buffer into flight to stay in the air. Mixing all that up with air sb, slams, cancels, blasts, disappears into nip, njk etc you'd be surprised how confounded one can be if implemented correctly. That also gains meter back doing that in process.

It's worked for me vs solid players I've met, just saying theres always diff tactics that can work for you, i am not a guy who just relies on resets, vortexs, meterless damage etc when lets JUST say the chances of going thru an entire match without using meter is slim.
But lots of characters can get more damage with 3 Bars out of several situations, on block and hit, than their XRay whilst Ermac doesnt rely on meter for combos except of wake-up tp, ex iasb & uppercut convertion. Also if you take the 40% meterless and stay on 3 Bars... the opponent has to be aware that he hasnt just lost 40% but also that you are still sitting on an ~50% unbreakable bomb. Ofc i wouldnt keep the meter for this scenario but as said... even hiting an ex Burst is worth more in my eyes than extending his combos towards the end (unless it kills).

37% meterless unbreakable? What? How?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
But lots of characters can get more damage with 3 Bars out of several situations, on block and hit, than their XRay whilst Ermac doesnt rely on meter for combos except of wake-up tp, ex iasb & uppercut convertion. Also if you take the 40% meterless and stay on 3 Bars... the opponent has to be aware that he hasnt just lost 40% but also that you are still sitting on an ~50% unbreakable bomb. Ofc i wouldnt keep the meter for this scenario but as said... even hiting an ex Burst is worth more in my eyes than extending his combos towards the end (unless it kills).

I didint mention anything about 37% unbreakable dmg. Check my post better.

MKF30

Think he said 37% meterless damage, not unbreakable :p

But I agree that would be dreamlike if he had unbreakable over 30% lol. Brings me back to Deception days(IDK if you guys played those games they weren't the best but fun) I discovered one of his unbreakable combos in that game day one, if you did TKS, uppercut(D2), TKS, D2, that part was unbreakable and I loved it lol..

But anyway, oh yeah I agree with that given the character it's just Ermac isn't really one of them if I'll do over 41% I'll just do an xray combo but I agree that you need to save meter in Ermac's case I just don't mind occasionally using one bar for a 40-41%, I don't do it all the time. FTR I do use one bar if I'm in the corner via wake up ex tp definitely good for getting out of corner danger or an aggressive opponent. Usually though I tend to do 37-39% on average on most of my combos which is nearly 40% and still a good chunk of damage meterless, another reason why I tend to use one bar on 40-41% combos is because it's just easier in a close match scenario. Especially as we all agree on here online lol. It's already a bitch to connect combos online with any lag, this guy last night lol good lord. It kept pausing, then the next guy smooth as a fleece blanket so you can never predict these things.

Though still hope you guys enjoyed my combo posts in general regardless of the meter thing :)

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Think he said 37% meterless damage, not unbreakable :p

But I agree that would be dreamlike if he had unbreakable over 30% lol. Brings me back to Deception days(IDK if you guys played those games they weren't the best but fun) I discovered one of his unbreakable combos in that game day one, if you did TKS, uppercut(D2), TKS, D2, that part was unbreakable and I loved it lol..

But anyway, oh yeah I agree with that given the character it's just Ermac isn't really one of them if I'll do over 41% I'll just do an xray combo but I agree that you need to save meter in Ermac's case I just don't mind occasionally using one bar for a 40-41%, I don't do it all the time. FTR I do use one bar if I'm in the corner via wake up ex tp definitely good for getting out of corner danger or an aggressive opponent. Usually though I tend to do 37-39% on average on most of my combos which is nearly 40% and still a good chunk of damage meterless, another reason why I tend to use one bar on 40-41% combos is because it's just easier in a close match scenario. Especially as we all agree on here online lol. It's already a bitch to connect combos online with any lag, this guy last night lol good lord. It kept pausing, then the next guy smooth as a fleece blanket so you can never predict these things.

Though still hope you guys enjoyed my combo posts in general regardless of the meter thing :)
There's absolutely no sense in your combos, you can get more damage for no meter. He doesn't get meter for free.

Meter is best used as an armoured wakeup or breaker. Spending it for less damage is absurd. I can't believe you're still trying to argue that 1 bar 40-41% meterless is better than 41% meterless.... it's one of the weirdest arguments I've ever seen.

MKF30

There's absolutely no sense in your combos, you can get more damage for no meter. He doesn't get meter for free.

Meter is best used as an armoured wakeup or breaker. Spending it for less damage is absurd. I can't believe you're still trying to argue that 1 bar 40-41% meterless is better than 41% meterless.... it's one of the weirdest arguments I've ever seen.
Respectfully disagree, 40% isn't less damage, you act as if every Ermac player does those combos perfectly, the competitive matches I've seen on or offline I rarely if ever see Ermac players doing that much damage meterless. I've yet to see that especially online good luck connecting those combos B1,2, F4 etc cause it's not happening with remote lag or imput delay. I don't see the sense in your combos because they're not guaranteed nor practical online especially. Offline, hey you do what you want but even the better Ermac players I've seen don't do over 38% on average in a competitive match. You're acting as if everyone in here does 40%-42%+ meterless effortlessly which I highly doubt. A combo vid is one thing, competitive match is another. That's all I'm saying dude.

Besides, I don't just rely on meterless combos but fundamentals. So I wouldn't judge too harshly. People do what works. And I already said I rarely even do it, most of the time I do 37-39% damage meterless which is not a big difference from 40%. 1% wow...

Last edited:

MKF30

what if i told you... there is a way to do hard to break 30%?
im working on a combo vid, but im on a pc and im waiting for latest patch. which increases burst damage.
Nice dude, definitely look forward to what you find.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac players seriously need to stop going for the vortex, imo, especially after the damage boost his force blast has received.

insignis

Noob
Ermac players seriously need to stop going for the vortex, imo, especially after the damage boost his force blast has received.
Can't say about vortex-I use it only when have meter for breaker or to close the round. But I always go for reset after things like f21d2, ex tp, etc. when you use soul ball at the end.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
When you end your combo in blast, the scaling usually gives you an extra 1%, or 3% if EX from before the buff. It hasn't given him that much more combo potential really.

I think the notion that a combo ending in soul ball B1,2 leads to a vortex every time is a bit of a bill, it can be a great way to condition the opponent.

Take a NJP for example.... follow up with F2,1,D2 F4,soul ball, JIP B1,2 ..... that's 30% plus either 3% chip and almost half a bar built or a grab which is an additional 12%. Or if you really do have a huge health deficit to make up and a breaker on standby, a 50/50 might not be such a bad idea. My typical mixup after soul ball B1,2 is usually B1,2,4 or forward/backgrab. A vortex is usually my last resort.

If you were to end a NJP combo with blast you would probably not top 35%, I might be wrong but I haven't seen anything huge so far? I think the 2/3% damage difference is worth losing for the benefits, just my opinion.

I think cutting soul ball B1,2 out of your game completely will leave you a little more limited. I agree that Ermac does not live and die by his 50/50 like a lot of people would have you believe.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
When you end your combo in blast, the scaling usually gives you an extra 1%, or 3% if EX from before the buff. It hasn't given him that much more combo potential really.

I think the notion that a combo ending in soul ball B1,2 leads to a vortex every time is a bit of a bill, it can be a great way to condition the opponent.

Take a NJP for example.... follow up with F2,1,D2 F4,soul ball, JIP B1,2 ..... that's 30% plus either 3% chip and almost half a bar built or a grab which is an additional 12%. Or if you really do have a huge health deficit to make up and a breaker on standby, a 50/50 might not be such a bad idea. My typical mixup after soul ball B1,2 is usually B1,2,4 or forward/backgrab. A vortex is usually my last resort.

If you were to end a NJP combo with blast you would probably not top 35%, I might be wrong but I haven't seen anything huge so far? I think the 2/3% damage difference is worth losing for the benefits, just my opinion.

I think cutting soul ball B1,2 out of your game completely will leave you a little more limited. I agree that Ermac does not live and die by his 50/50 like a lot of people would have you believe.
I m gonna check how much damage i can deal after a NJP with MoS and let you know.

Afumba

Noob

Out of an NJP you can get 39% meterless different ways, easy too. Highest i was able toget was 40%. So its a 9/10% difference :)
If i can take the lifelead with the damage i go damage. I only go vortex if i feel i have to.

Afumba

Noob
what if i told you... there is a way to do hard to break 30%?
im working on a combo vid, but im on a pc and im waiting for latest patch. which increases burst damage.
Exactly 30% and meterless? Curious about that... i would probably still prefer unbreakable damage though as its not too far off of that.