What's new

MKX:Char Select Theme?

Found this nice lil jewel on YouTube just now, and it appears that it is the full theme to the character selection screen from the recent MKX stream, I did a lil research to see just how true this was, and indeed the intro of this theme sounds exactly like the intro on stream when they first picked sub and scorpion. I have to say even at low quality this theme sounds beautiful...enjoy!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'll be a very satisfied man if this does in fact turn out to be the character select music for MKX. Sums up the atmosphere and ethos of Mortal Kombat to a tee. MK9's tried too hard to remind everyone that 2D MK is back, and as such, got stale after like 3 months IMO.

All I ask about the character select screen itself, (if anybody from NRS is reading this), please do NOT make Scorpion the default player 1 slot again in the final build. This has already happened for the previous 4 MK games in a row -_-.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Man...if only the guys who make Guilty Gear and BlazBlue soundtracks worked for NRS.

Those soundtracks are the best, seriously.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I'll be a very satisfied man if this does in fact turn out to be the character select music for MKX. Sums up the atmosphere and ethos of Mortal Kombat to a tee. MK9's tried too hard to remind everyone that 2D MK is back, and as such, got stale after like 3 months IMO.

All I ask about the character select screen itself, (if anybody from NRS is reading this), please do NOT make Scorpion the default player 1 slot again in the final build. This has already happened for the previous 4 MK games in a row -_-.
He's on the cover of the game for no reason lol. I doubt that'll happen.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Found this nice lil jewel on YouTube just now, and it appears that it is the full theme to the character selection screen from the recent MKX stream, I did a lil research to see just how true this was, and indeed the intro of this theme sounds exactly like the intro on stream when they first picked sub and scorpion. I have to say even at low quality this theme sounds beautiful...enjoy!

Brb, i need to change my pants.

I've been willing to hear this since E3, and it gives me tear of joy, that my ears were so right on all kinds of instruments used to play this even listening from afar, true master piece.

NKZero

Noob
Am I the only one who enjoyed MK Armageddon's character select theme? It probably wasn't best suited for MK but DAT JUNGLE MUSIC :cool:

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
This new theme seems kindve hmm. Its not terrible but nothin to remember. Feels a bit rushed i guess.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
It's solid. Some parts seem more suited for a select screen than others. I don't really like the over-orchestral type of theme for MK. Doesn't fit to me. But the ominous, ambient, or percussive stuff works well. This has some of that. Better than MK9'S at the least.

Still think MK Deception has the best select screen theme. MKD also has the best overall music with DA not far behind. I hope MKX is comparable. The Snow Forest is a promising example.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I miss heavy guitars...but the music is dark and mistic...so I still feels like the entire game climate.