What's new

MKX Alive and Healthy?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hey everyone I havent been on here in a quite a long time. Ive been on a lot of training exercises and occupational duties so I havent really gotten much time to be on here. That being said i havent played MKX in damn near 7 MONTHS. Last time I played this game was when Scorpion still had that broken FB string.

With that out the way Ive noticed that the friends on my Xbox list that I met on here or on MKX from online matches...Dont play this game at all pretty much.
I came back here after watching the Triborg video that Maximillian had posted just this morning I believe and I was excited and missed MKX quite a bit.

So whats the current tier list and all with this game, not that it matters but just to get a general idea of who still sits on top. Hopefully Jacqui is up there, shes always been quite a character in my eyes.
Is that 17 year old Erron Black player still dominating?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Last edited:

Reauxbot

S++Alien, Bo, Triborg
S+ Lao, Qua- oh wait, ignore the above tier. Slipped off my tongue ;)

In training mode only lol

Yep. With his team of characters that cover all the MU's. Pretty dominant.
These characters are already released? I shall download when I get back to the house then.
Since Cyrax is back will he still have the broken nonsense?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
These characters are already released? I shall download when I get back to the house then.
Since Cyrax is back will he still have the broken nonsense?
Nah they're not out. I edited my post, was a joke that I realised after typing it was pretty lame lol.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Reauxbot

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Wow Jacqui is better now, well better than when I was on here. He has a money match coming soon? :eek:
Idk much about Jacqui. When I wanted to play her she had mechanically busted problems among other things that was just off putting. But I'm pretty sure the people I tagged could help you start learning about Jacqui. Just an FYI though it's basically agreed that she's low tier. How low? I don't know but I know you can still put in work with her.

I meant SonicFox isn't winning as easily. some players have gotten good enough where it isn't a given that Sonic wins. Big part to Yomi becoming a thing.

The biggest change despite Bo, Letherface, Alien and Cyborg coming to the party is the new Rollback networklng making the online experience much more fun. I think there is no real doubt that it is the best news in a long time form NRS. The sad side was the PC version is abandoned and not getting Kombat Pack 2 or the networking update. The question is if the "2nd Launch" with MKXL will be able to ignite the casual player base back up to play on the new networking. I hope it will.

With that out the way Ive noticed that the friends on my Xbox list that I met on here or on MKX from online matches...Dont play this game at all pretty much.
A lot of the fair weather fans stopped playing due to the netcode. The torny scene is very strong in MKx but people that did not have acess to offline scenes or kids living in share houses or w/e basically stopped playing as the online was so bad.

I came back here after watching the Triborg video that Maximillian had posted just this morning I believe and I was excited and missed MKX quite a bit.
Max is very popular isn't he. Never understood it. He is so fake and full of shit. Those "reactions" videos for example are pure theatrics. The Cyborg videos are all stolen form the MKx ESL cast, whom he didn't even credit and says "some unknown fighters" to describe Ketchup and Mustard. He dose this all the time. Steals content from other people, dose his own voice over where he repeats exactly what others said and people lap it up. What a big fat phoney.

So whats the current tier list and all with this game, not that it matters but just to get a general idea of who still sits on top. Hopefully Jacqui is up there, shes always been quite a character in my eyes.
I agree Tier lists are bullshit and a crutch for the weak and the losses of the FGC.

Jacqui is still as good on paper as ever, even more so with the patches you have missed. There is as yet no one really exploring her at a top gaming level. I think she could make a real splash if someone used her more.

The thing is that NRS are good with patches. The game is so different on a mechanical level from last time you played. The balance is much better, and MKx was the best balanced NRS game even before that. You will probably feel like it is playing a completely new game, especially with the networking fix.

Sonic is probably more dominant than ever. He plays 1/2 the cast now and there is not really anyone that can stop him. Some people have done it a few times, but the majority of all his matches are clean sweeps, often with not loosing a round no matter who he plays, or plays as. I think currently he is into Cassie.

On a side note there is a even younger kid called Dragon that is pretty hardcore as well. He is a Tanya player though so everyone hates him : P Just kidding.. he is good though.

Last edited:
Yea, he just posted in here. damn :/
no im not about that mate. its funny, because sonic has been dominating nrs scene since at least 2013 if im not mistaken. he wins everything that is there to win.
sonic, i hope you get into t7 or sf5.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hey everyone I havent been on here in a quite a long time. Ive been on a lot of training exercises and occupational duties so I havent really gotten much time to be on here. That being said i havent played MKX in damn near 7 MONTHS. Last time I played this game was when Scorpion still had that broken FB string.

The game is a ton different. Too much to even explain. When the new characters drop March 1st and the balance patch hits you'd be better off checking out match ups then.

@Pan1cMode @SaltShaker @WidowPuppy @TrulyAmiracle I think all you play or played Jacqui.
Jacqui is decent in the right MUs. Doubt anyone will win anything major as a solo Jacqui. Her buttons and range is just too hard to overcome in some MUs once people know the character. But in other MUs she can be devastating. She's usable if you can pick up a secondary that can deal with her bad MUs. In close she had good plus frames, high damage, and great variation specific tools. If you like her roll with her, she's good enough.

Reauxbot

The game is a ton different. Too much to even explain. When the new characters drop March 1st and the balance patch hits you'd be better off checking out match ups then.

Jacqui is decent in the right MUs. Doubt anyone will win anything major as a solo Jacqui. Her buttons and range is just too hard to overcome in some MUs once people know the character. But in other MUs she can be devastating. She's usable if you can pick up a secondary that can deal with her bad MUs. In close she had good plus frames, high damage, and great variation specific tools. If you like her roll with her, she's good enough.
So I have A LOT of ground to cover? Sounds like Ill have to read up so much of the forums before even playing ONE match online now :/

Reauxbot

The biggest change despite Bo, Letherface, Alien and Cyborg coming to the party is the new Rollback networklng making the online experience much more fun. I think there is no real doubt that it is the best news in a long time form NRS. The sad side was the PC version is abandoned and not getting Kombat Pack 2 or the networking update. The question is if the "2nd Launch" with MKXL will be able to ignite the casual player base back up to play on the new networking. I hope it will.

A lot of the fair weather fans stopped playing due to the netcode. The torny scene is very strong in MKx but people that did not have acess to offline scenes or kids living in share houses or w/e basically stopped playing as the online was so bad.

Max is very popular isn't he. Never understood it. He is so fake and full of shit. Those "reactions" videos for example are pure theatrics. The Cyborg videos are all stolen form the MKx ESL cast, whom he didn't even credit and says "some unknown fighters" to describe Ketchup and Mustard. He dose this all the time. Steals content from other people, dose his own voice over where he repeats exactly what others said and people lap it up. What a big fat phoney.

I agree Tier lists are bullshit and a crutch for the weak and the losses of the FGC.

Jacqui is still as good on paper as ever, even more so with the patches you have missed. There is as yet no one really exploring her at a top gaming level. I think she could make a real splash if someone used her more.

The thing is that NRS are good with patches. The game is so different on a mechanical level from last time you played. The balance is much better, and MKx was the best balanced NRS game even before that. You will probably feel like it is playing a completely new game, especially with the networking fix.

Sonic is probably more dominant than ever. He plays 1/2 the cast now and there is not really anyone that can stop him. Some people have done it a few times, but the majority of all his matches are clean sweeps, often with not loosing a round no matter who he plays, or plays as. I think currently he is into Cassie.

On a side note there is a even younger kid called Dragon that is pretty hardcore as well. He is a Tanya player though so everyone hates him : P Just kidding.. he is good though.
Of course hes popular. Mostly from the whole uMvC3 community and he grew so much more after that. I dont watch his videos much but it was on my recommended youtube list. really is sad that the PC did get abandoned but maybe its for the better..who knows. maybe not.
The netcode was never really bad for me for the most part. I had great internet though so ehh. I cant wait. Hows the netcode NOW>

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
really? Cool. Never seen him play it on his stream
He was playing the beta for like 4 hours the other night. Got to rank 108 then went to 120. Which is pretty impressive. As soon as he get the experience and plays more matches, I'm sure he be really really good.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That tier list @Scott The Scot linked you is pretty good. I think it still is the best one I've seen.

SonicFox is still making a killing. I haven't been keeping up with the current tourney scene I think he is being challenged more though.

@Pan1cMode @SaltShaker @WidowPuppy @TrulyAmiracle I think all you play or played Jacqui.
Jacqui isn't too bad, even without the buffs of the beta. I mean, she has some crippling weaknesses, but she can hold her own in several MUs.

I have yet to try the beta, but a reliable armour attack and useable 4u4 are promising enough that I want to use her now more than ever.

If they keep the df2 buff in shotgun (by forcing auto block after the second hit or forcing a knockdown on the second hit) I can see this variation alone being high tier. Giving her a decently ranged move that she can convert off of without meter would be amazing. More likely is they just add auto block after the first hit. This would still be good if they keep it +16 (allow her to run in for pressure) but not nearly as good as providing a combo.

High tech and full auto still have lots to offer and I'm kinda just psyched to try them out more.

Considering my secondaries are kobu/pyro Tanya, Hollywood/Brawler Cassie, Bojutsu Kung Jin and Balanced Kenshi, I don't really feel I have much else besides Jacqui to look forward to :D