What's new

MKT on epsxe help

RoGE

Noob
Too all you guys good with Epsxe or iso/img crap

After my MKT was finally not working (I had it for a LONG time) I decided to download an ISO of it, It was in a .rar file packed with
MortalKombatTrilogy.ccd - 6.19 KB
MortalKombatTrilogy.img - 540 MB
MortalKombatTrilogy.sub - 22 MB

When I play it, it runs fine but plays no music at all for some reason.

My question is, is there a way to get it to play music? Do I have to somehow combine these or something?

or is there some way I can play the music off my old CD (which plays MOST of the music but not all)

-peace

dreemernj

Ambassador
The .img is the only file that matters. I'm not sure why you can't hear music, I believe I hear music on ePSXe, but there could be differences in how the discs were ripped.

It might be worthwhile to try installing Daemon Tools, which makes a fake CD rom drive. Load the .img file with Daemon Tools and it will show up in windows like it was a real CD rom drive with that disc loaded into it. And then run cd-rom in ePSXe instead of running ISO.

:D

I have played MKT online with epsxe about 10 times in whole so far now. The only way to get Music running in MKT with epsxe, is to download the CDrom plugin CDmooby2.8, google cdmooby2.8. After downloading it, put it in your epsxe plugin's folder. In epsxe go to options cdrom, select cdmooby2.8. Config it by checking Repeat CDDA Music, and turning the CDDA music all the way up.

I hope this helps, the best settings for MKT online play is Petes Open GL 1.76 configged to play in window mode. Or dsync may occur.

I hope this helps you and anyone else interested in psx MKT emulation and MKT online play.

*Config CDRom, I got all confused with the *Options CDRom on your post.

This really helped me alot, thank you dArK mOoN ; )

RoGE

Noob
Got it to work thanks too cdrmooby2, thank you very much :)

Can't seem to find any players on kaillera often though..

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
When I try to "Run CDROM" it asks to "choose an image to run"...wtf? Why won't it just play the disc?

I can play via the ISO I have but that's optimized for size with no music.

lol That happen to me too jajajaj

Ok, when I first saw that I thought I was fucked for life.... so when I started hitting my head on the keyboard.. I decided to go along with this stupid crap and run the .ISO from CD-Rom, it worked!

I first tested out DOOM for PSX and there was music that was left out without running the plugin! then I tried MKTRIL and it worked! yay.... happy once again. :twisted:

Hey, I'm sorry Konqrr. Though the cdmooby2.8 is a cdrom plugin, it still works as an ISO/Image loader, and you need to have the games image on your hard-drive to load from. Sorry for the confusion

I just uploaded my epsxe with all of my plugin's that i have and you'll need for ultimate gaming. You can download it here

http://rapidshare.com/files/5463697/Playstation.zip.html

As far as MKT and virtually every ps1/dreamcast/saturn/cd system games you can think of can be downloaded here.

http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=3331

Here is how to config your mooby to play music in MKT, and other games like Ridge Racer.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Dang, I don't want the 600MB image on my hard drive, I like my 67MB no music one lol

Thanks DM.

dreemernj

Ambassador
You can use the 67 meg disc image, put in whatever wav files you want, and make a cue sheet and load it up with Daemon tools and run that. That's what I do with Saturn games. On my laptop I have PHP running as a service so I loaded a .php file instead of a standard .cue file, and it loads a random cue sheet every time you mount the disc image and then have a folder of music files to pick from.

It's pointless but to a nerd its really fun :-/

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I believe the copy of MKT on that site you linked is the regular version, not the GH version. I was whiffing combos due to my opponents "floating" longer than I'm used to :-/

Oh really? That site offers version 1.0 and version 1.1, I linked you to 1.1 I wasn't sure if it was the greatest hits version or not. Which is a cue for hopefully one of you to upload the greatest hits version :D

Also about the 500-600 meg iso, just burn it on to a disc as a data file and take it off anytime you want to play it man, thats what I do. 8)

Oh if you didn't notice i'm new to the board, but i'm glad that i could already help and be a part of this with this epsxe thing