What's new

MKT N64 Tier List Discussion

Kaiba

Noob
I think this needs to be sticky to be discussed. Anywho here is how I think the tier should be.

1. Noob
2. Rain
3. Human Smoke
4. Kabal
5. Classic Sub Zero
6. Scorpion
7. Kung Lao
8. Baraka
9. Kano
10. Nightwolf
11. Reptile
12. Ermac
13. Khameleon
14. Sindel
15. Raiden
16. Robot Smoke
17. Kitana
18. Sonya
19. Stryker
20. Cage
21. Jax
22. Sektor
23. Liu Kang
24. Jade
25. Cyrax
26. Shang Tsung
27. Mileena
28. Sheeva

I included Khameleon because she can be selectable on the screen. Thoughts.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just my opinion, but I feel Ermac and Robo Smoke should be higher.

Cool thread btw :wink:

ded

Elder God
i have never played this game vs another person but few things that you have to change:

scorpion - top 5, the forward teleport punch is a fucking nightmare
lao - better than baraka (spin = 2 hit limit)
kano and nightwolf are a lot higher
jax - this guy is a joke in/near corner in mkt n64, dunno how effective he is in a vs game

Kaiba

Noob
I dunno about Scorpion in top 5. Classic Sub poses more of a threat. Granted Scorp. has FTP BUT Sub can easily escape with either a slide or ice clone. Sub has seveal threats- having ninja properties, all forms of freezes, quick slide, his rush game is different on 64, & he has a pop-up (plus ice shower on some characters after the pop-up).

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Scorpion and Classic Sub are definitely much higher in N64 than UMK3, and possibly even higher for Scorpion as well than in MKT PSX because of the no time limit teleport punches. Sub having the air freeze and ground freeze is interesting because he can do the air freeze while it's out, and after pop ups etc, creating new tactics with him. Damage wise the extra freezes add very little, if anything extra timing and positioning for midscreen and corner juggles.

MKF30

Ok, isn't ermac higher then that? I'm positive he is honestly and he's not even on the list? :shock:

Edit:eek:k, he's back again... :lol:

MKF30

lol, I thought I noticed him missing....lol I'm like wait a second he wasn't on there before what the hell? :lol:

Derek

Noob
I haven't played N64 MKT in awhile but I don't think there is anything different about H. Smoke so he's not better than Kabal.

Kaiba

Noob
When did I ever say that H Smoke is better than Kabal? All I said was how it was discussed how he is. On the 64 port, H Smoke is probably better than Kabal for several reasons.

I'm really hoping that some of the MKK can put their thought since they play this port.

Kaiba said:
When did I ever say that H Smoke is better than Kabal? All I said was how it was discussed how he is. On the 64 port, H Smoke is probably better than Kabal for several reasons.

I'm really hoping that some of the MKK can put their thought since they play this port.
Well...you did put HSmoke higher on the list than Kabal, I guess that qualifies as saying that he's better?

MKF30

Well...honestly it's close but FTR Kaiba also said "probably" not "definitely" so usually when someone uses probably, they're some what not sure.

:lol:

Just ask Shock or Dreemer they'd know offhand even though I know to this day it's still debatable as to which ones better. :wink:

Top 5 should be

1. Noob
2. Rain
3. Kabal
4. Human Smoke
5. Classic Sub Zero

6-10 should be something like

6. Scorpion
7. Kung Lao
8. Baraka
9. Reptile
10. Kano

I dont know about the rest but I know that how the top 10 should look like.

Although Baraka can take Kung's spot.

MKF30

Well..it's not THAT bad lol I mean it's not UMK3 but there has to be a legitimate tier list regardless. 8) I think Ermac should be higher honestly like top 15 for sure...his combos seem easier to pull off in MKT compared to UMK3 by far if you ask me.

MKF30

Perhaps in certain occasions but the timing with the TKS combos need precision anyway on any version really, but his high damaging combos are a lot easier to pull off in MKT as oppose to UMK3 arcade easily if you compare the two.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
At least Capcom takes the time to fix problems with the game still...Midway still hasn't figured that out yet with it's last 3 games.