What's new

MKG tourney standard question

ok, in the event of an MKG tourney i was curious on what the rule should be on the weapon select. imo, weapon select imbalances the game to a ridiculous point as well insuring that everyone will choose the battle axe thus making MKG a 1 weapon game. i figure max damage should stay on in keeping with the MK4 arcade tourney rules. noob and sektor are allowed, goro is banned. then theres the weapon select, any opinion on a rule here?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Personally, I wouldnt use MKG in a tourney. MK4 arcade would be best.

And weapon select should be banned! lol

dreemernj

Ambassador
IMO no weapon select and definately keep max damage on.

Is MK4 emu at a point to use for it? Or is it not worth it due to the gameplay quality of MKG?

ded

Elder God
mkg with wpn select is broken (get one lift from fujin and you are dead), without maxdam its broken too. i'd say use it for tournys only with mk4 characters and no wpn select

i have never played the mk4 emu so could anyone that has played it shed some light on how good/bad it is.

also, in MKG why ban the MKG characters?

Tim Static

Adminerator
they all have broken infinites a la Rain & Noob.

Lets just say, using MKG (with or w/o Weapon select) would be like using MKT (PSX or N64) for tournies.

I love MKG, but arcade MK4 is the best of al the ports and emu's.

well my exp is from mk4 arcade and i never spent much time on MKG but the new characters dont seem more broke then the top MK4 characters. MK4 arcade tourney scene was the biggest on the east coast so when MKG came out no one really bothered with it which is why i dont have any exp in it.

edit: what i still really want to know is how close to arcade perfect in the MK4 emu?

MKK hanzo

bill: mkg chars including sektor are as broken or more as mk2 kunglao in mkt psx. ie: kitana semi inf jk air fan, mileena roll x 5, baraka wpn is the same battle axe, cyrax tlpt trickery, sektor is sektor. lao just sucks.

maxdam on, no codes, no bosses will be the only rules we ll use thís 19-4 mk4 tourney.

all: remember that there is a wonderfull mk4 port on a little machine called n64...

with max damage off doesnt kitana have in infinite? i made a vid of it when the game came out in 99. launch then fan fan fan fan...

dreemernj

Ambassador
bill: mkg chars including sektor are as broken or more as mk2 kunglao in mkt psx. ie: kitana semi inf jk air fan, mileena roll x 5, baraka wpn is the same battle axe, cyrax tlpt trickery, sektor is sektor. lao just sucks.

maxdam on, no codes, no bosses will be the only rules we ll use thís 19-4 mk4 tourney.

all: remember that there is a wonderfull mk4 port on a little machine called n64...
There's a better chance of something happening with MKG though because there are still a bunch of DCs at just about any tournament that happens because of MvC2 and ST (or 2X, whatever it's called). Because of that many players already have PSX->DC adapters there and there are sticks there and everything.

The chance of a crowd forming around a game on DC is just much higher than on an N64.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
with max damage off doesnt kitana have in infinite? i made a vid of it when the game came out in 99. launch then fan fan fan fan...
Yeah, that's all she has to do is one popup and it's over with the fans. Sektor > her though with his missile spam.