What's new

MKAK just glitched me -300 kombat points

xterm

Noob
Unbelievable... Despite dealing with non-stop ragequitters in MK1, I manage to get up to 1600 kombat points... sign back in a few hours later and my kombat points are inexplicably ~1300. Thanks netherrealm ::)

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
I got mine reset to 1200 once. But who cares about fake points in a online game anyway.

xterm

Noob
I don't care about the points. I care about the $10 ("no refunds") that I got scammed out of for a defective product.

NoDoubt

nasty
yea this issue is listed in the "online cheating" topic. the ranking system is flawed and programmed bad obviously so, iv lost probably around the same as u. This dude froze me up after he lost and I dropped 100 points. I gained up to 1700+ and signed back on and dropped down to 1,511.

im one of those who stopped playin it. cant do anythin about it till the patch but bitch lol

dubson

Noob
One of the most flawed ranking systems I have ever seen in a video game. How could they be that dumb. It's literally a fuckin port and the one feature they added is complete shit.

And this is a fighting game, leaderboards matter more than anything else other than netcode (which what do ya know, it sucks ass as well).

Something to play for NRS.... Not that damn hard. Three weeks after release and still no patch or a more elaborate statement than "patch is coming". Just about as vague as all the details we got about this game in the first place.

Fire your whole staff and hire people from CAPCOM. Fuckin bums.

dubson

Noob
Well welcome to the site, xterm.

I respect that you have dealt with the ragequitters and you take all your losses. Hang in there. All we can do is hope a patch comes asap, but until then it is what it is.

This site does not condone those kinds of douche bag droppers and is the best site on the web for 2d competitive MK. You are in the right place, and your pride has not gone unseen.

Add me if you want to get some good games in, I play all 3.

PSN - dubson965

xterm

Noob
Hey, good deal. I only have xbox though. It's tough to find any good competition... it seems like many of the high ranked people aren't concerned with getting better, they're just focused on plowing through easy matches as quickly as possible, and quitting against anyone halfway decent. I think the patch will actually improve the level of competition, as it will motivate people to improve.

xterm

Noob
Realistically I'm not hoping for anything more than just disconnect penalties and reduced lag, unless they're really willing to take a hit on the whole project, or if the sales keep up... but there are so many negative reviews at this point, I'd expect them to slow down quite a bit. The development costs to really make an impact on all the issues would stretch way into the 5-figure range, which would be a significant loss for a project that's only bringing in a couple hundred thousand in revenue. Hopefully sales keep up and they have some capital to allocate. Either that, or they realize how fickle the industry is and that they're better off taking the hit to uphold their rep.

xterm

Noob
Yep, their only option to really fix the netcode is either re-write the whole thing, or license another system... with both being too expensive. It seems like they must've been extremely nervous about the game not selling, so they went the cheap route in development. Disappointing, because they probably could have done it properly the first time and still turned a profit..... also, yeah, this site would have been booming.

NoDoubt

nasty
Kaillera/MAME > Everything else.

i wouldnt even be here if it werent for mame. Its fucking free too lol.