What's new

MK9 Tournament on May 14th on Chicago Southside

Norad

Noob

New Prize Added as of 5/12/11
HORI Real Arcade PRO V3 SA Fightstick

Details and Rules

• The tournament will be played on PlayStation 3 ONLY.
  • The only BANNED characters are Kratos and any DLC characters. And Kratos’ stage is BANNED as well.
  • The Tournament is double-elimination with best 2 out of 3 sets per match. In each set, there will be best of 3 rounds with a 90 SEC time limit for each round.
  • Pressing the start button or home button during a round will instantly end the set of rounds and award it to your opponent.
  • An equipment malfunction from your own equipment during match play will result in rewarding the set to your opponent. Any malfunction from any in house equipment will result in a set restart.
  • If you fail to show up to your match within 2 min. after your name is called, you will forfeit your match.
  • Winner of the loser’s bracket will face the champion of the winner’s bracket in the GRAND FINALS. If the winner of the loser’s bracket beats the winner’s bracket champion, the match will reset and the one to win the next match will be the Tournament Champion and take home the prize.
  • If the winner’s bracket champion wins the first match, the tournament is over the winner’s bracket champion will win the Tournament and take home the prize.
  • Personal gamepads and controllers are not allowed in the tournament. You may use your own ARCADE/TE Fightsticks. THEY CAN NOT BE WIRELESS. Only house controllers will be wireless (Do to signal disruption problems that can happen during matches). If you don’t bring your own equipment or if you’re not using a stick, you can only use our house controllers.
  • Only you are responsible for your property. The store and anyone else present are not responsible for: lost, broken, and/or stolen property before, during, and after the tournament. Watch your own stuff and trust nobody.
  • It costs $10.00 to pre-register by closing time on Fri, May 13th.
  • Must pre-register at the store. If you choose to withdraw from the tournament, you must do so by closing time on Fri, May 13th to receive a full refund. NO REFUNDS ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT.
  • Registration at door on day of tournament costs $15.00. NO REFUNDS for “at door” payers once the tournament starts.
  • According to the store, all refunds will be given as store credit.
  • We must have at least 16 participants pre-registered for the tournament to take place. If the goal is not reached, people who pre-registered will be informed the night before the tournament of cancellation and can come in by May 21st to receive a full refund.
  • GUARANTEED $100.00 MINIMUM GRAND PRIZE FOR 16 PLAYER TOURNAMENT. Prize pool will grow for every person who signs up after the 16th participant.
  • Check-in begins at 2:30PM and ends at 3PM. If you fail to check-in by 3PM, you may only participate if their is a opening in the tournament bracket where someone has a bye. If not, you can not participate and your fee will NOT be refunded. We are not responsible for tardiness.

If you have any questions please feel free to reply here or call the store at (708 )-636-4263

[UPDATE] As of 5/4/11
We have 5 people pre-registered sofar. We only need a minimum of 11 more participants to make this tournament happen. If you are thinking of coming to the tournament, don't wait til next Friday to do it. Come into the store and pre-register to save some money. Even if your not sure if your going to go, sign up and put your $10.00 in anyway. You can always back out before the day of the tournament anyway and get the $10 back.

Also, to people going to Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 7 EVO 2011 Qualifier as well this month. If you win the tournament, we might consider sponsorship and pay your registration fees for that tournament and hook you up with what you need. Also a place to practice (in the store) and take on challengers. Something to think about.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Hopefully this tournament is not going to be run via PSN :sick:

Norad

Noob
**UPDATE** 5/7/11
We now have 11 people who have pre-registered for the tournament. Just 5 more and the tournament is on! I don't think we'll have any trouble getting to 16. I'm thinking we'll have at least 24 people pre-registered by the end of Friday. Plus some people at door. This might be a 32 person tournament. Maybe MORE!

**UPDATE** 5/7/11
We now have 11 people who have pre-registered for the tournament. Just 5 more and the tournament is on! I don't think we'll have any trouble getting to 16. I'm thinking we'll have at least 24 people pre-registered by the end of Friday. Plus some people at door. This might be a 32 person tournament. Maybe MORE!
I registered on Saturday keep us updated on the headcount if you could please. Also will there be chairs provided? I play on a stick and I will need to sit and play.

Norad

Noob
Yes, there will be chairs for people using sticks.

[UPDATE] 5/9/11
I think we'll be short on dualshock3/sixaxis controllers. Sofar we only have enough controllers for 2 stations. Were looking into how we can attain more before we resort to letting people bring their own controllers. I let you know guys know the verdict by Wednesday.

Also the latest headcount is 12. Sunday was a slow day at the store (mother's day), and the people working yesterday weren't pushing the tournament as hard as the others. We still got 6 days so it should be fine.

Norad

Noob
**UPDATE** 5/11/11
- We have decided that you can use your own controller ONLY if its wired. NO Wireless. So if you have a stick or a wired gamepad, you can bring it and use it.

- Also, the company Roxio has asked us to use their new product, the Roxio Game Capture, to record our tournament. Because of this, we won't be live streaming the tournament, but it will be uploaded to Youtube afterwords. So you can see it the next day. They want our feedback on the product and gave us a unit for free to try out.

The videos of the tournament will be uploaded to my channel located here: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrunkinGamer

**UPDATE** 5/11/11
- We have decided that you can use your own controller ONLY if its wired. NO Wireless. So if you have a stick or a wired gamepad, you can bring it and use it.

- Also, the company Roxio has asked us to use their new product, the Roxio Game Capture, to record our tournament. Because of this, we won't be live streaming the tournament, but it will be uploaded to Youtube afterwords. So you can see it the next day. They want our feedback on the product and gave us a unit for free to try out.

The videos of the tournament will be uploaded to my channel located here: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrunkinGamer
Nice! What the head count up to now?

Norad

Noob
***UPDATE** 5/12/11

-Head count is now 15. With some people confirming that they are coming on the day off and paying the "at door" price.

-New prize added to the pool. A Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA Arcade Stick (Built-in Sanwa parts) for PS3/PC. Valued at $129.00. Have yet to decide what place will get that prize. Probably won't find out til the day of the tournament.

Norad

Noob
the tournament was a success with a good turn out. Video captures of some of the matches (all the important ones) will be gradually post on my youtube channel "DrunkinGamer" over the course of the next few days. Starting tomarrow.

Thank you again to all who attended and congrats to the winners: 2nd - MOE30W and 1st - GoonCity