What's new

MK9: The character(s) you wish you had learned

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Cage but the negative edge inconsistencies were unbearable, thank god for the adjustable toggle in Injustice and that The Flash plays like he just had a bean burrito stuffed with ghost chillies shoved up his ass.

Obviously... But i laugh at anyone who says who is able to master a character in a couple of days.
master a char and learning MU are two different things.
master a char: some normals, specials, bnb, punishment, aa.
thats enough to begin with, and yes it s possible in A COUPLE OF DAYS.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I main Sub, and I know how to play with Cyrax a little. I wish I had stuck with him long enough to get his resets down.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
A couple of days to learn a character? It takes more then knowing a bnb combo to learn the character...
It takes a couple days of proper learning to have a tournament usable character.
MK9 is too simple.

Heres an example:

4RH
Lightning
1 AA
Correct use of armour

The rest is on knowing all of the other characters.
If you have a good general knowledge of everybody elses shit, you dont need to take forever to learn what to do.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Give up MK for Injustice NEVER, I will continue to keep on playing til the day my fingers rot off, I'm gonna take Injustice far, but I will still be throwing down the MK, I am completionist and I want learn everyone for both MK and Injustice.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
It takes a couple days of proper learning to have a tournament usable character.
MK9 is too simple.

Heres an example:

4RH
Lightning
1 AA
Correct use of armour

If you have a good general knowledge of everybody elses shit, you dont need to take forever to learn what to do.
Yeah ok, like that i can play with 75% of the cast. I understand what ur saying tough but the OP probably wasnt looking for answers like that. I know anyone can learn the basics from a characters in a couple of days. But that wasnt the question here

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah ok, like that i can play with 75% of the cast. I understand what ur saying tough but the OP probably wasnt looking for answers like that. I know anyone can learn the basics from a characters in a couple of days. But that wasnt the question here
Thats not the basics of Rain, that is Rain complete guide.
Like I said, the more you know about other characters, the better you'll do with your own.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Thats not the basics of Rain, that is Rain complete guide.
Like I said, the more you know about other characters, the better you'll do with your own.
This is so true, since each character has their own basic style of play it teaches you valueable skills to be used with your main, like using Noob, I started practicing him a bit and all he has done was help me improve my zoning game tremendously.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
MK9 is too simple.

Heres an example:

4RH
Lightning
1 AA
Correct use of armour

lol. You have to know his 50% midscreen combos, his bigger corner combos, how to use his EX bubble good in certain situations, cancel EX RH to punish projetiles from full screen. There is alot more to Rain than what your saying

Also his 4RH, 2~water bubble, uppercut, 43~lighting combo takes alot of practice to get down

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
lol. You have to know his 50% midscreen combos, his bigger corner combos, how to use his EX bubble good in certain situations, cancel EX RH to punish projetiles from full screen. There is alot more to Rain than what your saying

Also his 4RH, 2~water bubble, uppercut, 43~lighting combo takes alot of practice to get down
All you just said, were combos. The execution for them is only difficult online.
Cancelling armour falls under 'correct use of armour', but scenarios in this game are so similar it doesnt matter.

There really isnt alot more to Rain than what I'm saying.

His entire game is based around how effectively you can use his 4RH

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
All you just said, were combos. The execution for them is only difficult online.
Cancelling armour falls under 'correct use of armour', but scenarios in this game are so similar it doesnt matter.

There really isnt alot more to Rain than what I'm saying.

His entire game is based around how effectively you can use his 4RH
You still fail to accept the power of b2? Ive made more people hate that move than i can think of.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You still fail to accept the power of b2? Ive made more people hate that move than i can think of.
7 slower, cant be used as a counter poke. Minimal difference in reach. Less damage, pushback doesnt help him as much as it does from 4RH. The mixup game from 4RH is safe and does fuck loads more damage.

I used to use it all the time, till I realised that its pointless. Unless you're gonna go for the 5050 to finish a round.
Pretty certain that the degree of hatred for 4RH is far higher than his B2.

I'd say his 12F4 is more useful than his B2.

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
Kabal. He's actually one of the first characters I picked up (before Cyrax) but for whatever the reason I never stuck with him.