What's new

MK9: The character(s) you wish you had learned

TSRPrince

kombat doctor
With Injustice less than a week away, I know that many players will be winding down their MK game play to level up in Injustice ASAP. Few will continue to spend the same amount of time playing MK as they currently do. Some will quit the game altogether. Some (like myself) may continue to play MK every so often to keep from getting too rusty, but when they return most will probably continue play the characters that they previously mained. With that said I'd like to pose a question:

Which character(s) do you wish you had picked up and mastered most? Whether for competition purposes, the thrill of beating opponents with a bottom tier character, the ease of winning with a top tier character, or if you just liked their combos, boobs, ass etc.

For me it's Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. I like both for the thrill in their game play more than anything else. Shang's unbreakable damage is awesome, juggling someone across the screen is just swag, and after watching finalround Shang's pressure and potential seem huge. Quan because I just intrinsically like his cockiness, character design, and his trans. Also perfectly calculating the meter for a rune trap to beat an opponent with 60-70% life lead and no ability for them to escape would simply feel amazing.

I wish I had learned Freddy Krueger as a serious fighter:

Top 6 and a rage-inducing guest character! Everyone else I know how to play is mid-tier at best.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I know every character with the price of not knowing every MU with my mains. Therefor, for a twist, I am going to say I wish I hadn't learned any characters except for my mains, Noob, Skarlet and Kabal.

i dont understand the question, to learn a char in mk9 take only some couple of days, no problem.
in mk9 nobody will get rusty, since its so easy, just some pm mode and one or two days playing vs and thats it.
sure learning MU needs more time though.

i learned the basics of every character and then learned a lot of more advanced stuff with the higher tier/swag characters and matchups i hated with shang, so pretty much none.

i do wish i was better at sindel's flight cancels though... dat swag yo

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
i dont understand the question, to learn a char in mk9 take only some couple of days, no problem.
in mk9 nobody will get rusty, since its so easy, just some pm mode and one or two days playing vs and thats it.
A couple of days to learn a character? It takes more then knowing a bnb combo to learn the character...

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
A couple of days to learn a character? It takes more then knowing a bnb combo to learn the character...