What's new

MK9 PC Petition..

Bizkit

Noob
Well... I'm no PC gamer, nor do I have a PC capable of playing MK. I will happily sign the petition as I believe that all platforms should have this awesome game.... Except wii

Red

Noob
lol... to the wii comment...

yea.. i thinkt he only fighting games ive ever liked on wii is smash and one of the crazy DBZ games

SPTX

Noob
I am actively supporting a PC version of since game since even before its release. Constantly spamming Ed's twitter along with other PC bros.

But I haven't signed this petition (yet) because of the fact that it is poorly made :

There is no explication of
WHY we should get it for PC :
-better ping
-wide range of available controls, including keyboard which are not available on consoles
-no file validation required from console constructors (instant patching as they are made)
-better graphics with no effort required from NRS (better textures wouldn't hurt though)
-Profit. NRS and WB are company seeking money. The "cheap" costs of a PC version would rapidly lead to profit knowing that those who wanted a PC version and bought it on console (including me. Heck, I even bought a console just for that game) would still buy it on PC. The market is WAY wider that what you might think even for fighting games (Super street fighter IV AE is one of this month top seller)

What is needed from a PC version :
-accurate ping display (not lame phone bars)
-proper server list with at least the following filters : number of rounds, round time, ping, game mode,...
-No games for windows live for fuck sake, this shit only increases piracy and provide the worst services, including disconnections.
-graphic options (resolution(duh), vsync, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filters...)
-controller layout configuration with dissociated player 1 and 2 (allowing two players on one keyboard for example)
-NOT encrypted config files (allowing for advanced graphical tweaking)

What might be cool :
-better textures
-a PC character (character from killing floor ? the only PC exclusive I see fitting, and I am sure Tripwire would jump on the occasion)
-included released DLCs, well actually this should be required but we all know how greedy corporations are.

Feel free to complete. When we will have something solid to talk about, then our petition will meet its required success.

And remember to ask Ed directly on twitter @noobde . Even if he doesn't respond, he reads you.
Also we should agree on a tag to use (such as #MK9PC) so everyone can see how united we are.
Also console players, if you are on twitter and support us, don't hesitate to help too. A lot of shit kids console players, the kind growing with halo and modern warfare, go apeshit each time Ed mentions PC, those bastards want HARD for us not to have a PC version (fucking selfish ignorant kids, I HATE them)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I've signed.

All Mortal Kombat fans should be allowed to enjoy this game, including those who own a PC but not the commonly used Playstaiton3 or Xbox360 console. There shouldn't be limitations. Let's truly bring back the golden days of Mortal Kombat.

DCT

Noob
I am actively supporting a PC version of since game since even before its release. Constantly spamming Ed's twitter along with other PC bros.

But I haven't signed this petition (yet) because of the fact that it is poorly made :

There is no explication of
WHY we should get it for PC :
-better ping
-wide range of available controls, including keyboard which are not available on consoles
-no file validation required from console constructors (instant patching as they are made)
-better graphics with no effort required from NRS (better textures wouldn't hurt though)
-Profit. NRS and WB are company seeking money. The "cheap" costs of a PC version would rapidly lead to profit knowing that those who wanted a PC version and bought it on console (including me. Heck, I even bought a console just for that game) would still buy it on PC. The market is WAY wider that what you might think even for fighting games (Super street fighter IV AE is one of this month top seller)

What is needed from a PC version :
-accurate ping display (not lame phone bars)
-proper server list with at least the following filters : number of rounds, round time, ping, game mode,...
-No games for windows live for fuck sake, this shit only increases piracy and provide the worst services, including disconnections.
-graphic options (resolution(duh), vsync, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filters...)
-controller layout configuration with dissociated player 1 and 2 (allowing two players on one keyboard for example)
-NOT encrypted config files (allowing for advanced graphical tweaking)

What might be cool :
-better textures
-a PC character (character from killing floor ? the only PC exclusive I see fitting, and I am sure Tripwire would jump on the occasion)
-included released DLCs, well actually this should be required but we all know how greedy corporations are.

Feel free to complete. When we will have something solid to talk about, then our petition will meet its required success.

And remember to ask Ed directly on twitter @noobde . Even if he doesn't respond, he reads you.
Also we should agree on a tag to use (such as #MK9PC) so everyone can see how united we are.
Also console players, if you are on twitter and support us, don't hesitate to help too. A lot of shit kids console players, the kind growing with halo and modern warfare, go apeshit each time Ed mentions PC, those bastards want HARD for us not to have a PC version (fucking selfish ignorant kids, I HATE them)
I agree with most of that but you do know Games for windows live is essentially dead right? Outside of Capcom and Microsoft no company supports it anymore even Warner Bros who own NRS so I doubt they will force them to have MK support GFWL when none of their other developers and titles they own do,(last one that did was Batman: Arkham Aslyum if memory serves), So if there going to be Digital DRM and Distrubution support most likely it will use Steam and Steamworks not GFWL. Hell even Microsoft has no plans to suppourt GFWL anymore there focus is all on Xbox hell they already merged the GFWL marketplace with Xbox.com and if the rumors are true GFWL is also going to get merged with Xbox Live come Windows 8 to allow Xbox gamers to play 360 games on the PC.

Red

Noob
well ... illl clarify for the lack of the detail on the petition.. I didnt make the petition so i cant help it lacks in detail..

but i signed and am just trying to spread it around to help stretch this game across more broad horizons...

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I think Boon has said they will never release a PC version because fighting game sales on a PC are usually very low (so from a business standpoint it's a bad move).

It's a shame though, PC gamers are really missing out.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I could have sworn Boon once responded to the question "Is it coming on PC" with "people play fighting games on the computer?" Or something along those lines.

That said, I would support it for PC but would not get it again just for the computer.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
It'd be great if this came out for PC. So people can mod it, make an actual functional trainer, and actually put some god damn creativity into this game...but that ain't happening.

Niflheim

Noob
This game needs a PC version, and I hope there's a Mac version.....Sure, a Mac version would be a very small crowd, but your making money, right?
Also, should support Steam. Only good PC service with no constant problems....

I think Boon has said they will never release a PC version because fighting game sales on a PC are usually very low (so from a business standpoint it's a bad move).

It's a shame though, PC gamers are really missing out.

Boon NEVER said that. He asked if fighters were popular on PC and sales from SF4 show they can be good so he would be foolish not to put one out. MK9 would easily outsell SF4 by 2 to 1 at least

Well... I'm no PC gamer, nor do I have a PC capable of playing MK. I will happily sign the petition as I believe that all platforms should have this awesome game.... Except wii
As an owner of the Wii I can speak from first hand experience and say, Yep the Wii does suck, Nintendo use to be pretty good but now they have no clue what the fuck there doing. A Wii version would be a watered down piece of shit. They have plans to put games like MK9 on the Wii U which is supposedly as powerful as the 360 and PS3 but I say too little to late, you lost a loyal fan Nintendo.

Back on topic, I've signed. Hell I'd even support a Mac version of this game.

hardwire

Noob
Boon NEVER said that. He asked if fighters were popular on PC and sales from SF4 show they can be good so he would be foolish not to put one out. MK9 would easily outsell SF4 by 2 to 1 at least
first off im a primary pc gamer so i can say this with no bias

he would not be foolish at all
just because sf4 did well does not mean all fighting games will do well so its a gamble for em

i would love to see mk9 on the pc but i bet it will not happen.

btw sf4 had such high numbers because they were giving them away like candy on halloween hell at quakecon 2009 i gave away 4 copys i had won

Sasuga

Noob
I think there will be a PC version in time. But I'm guessing they want the console versions to be stable before they move on to the PC platform which will bring it's own range of problems.

The port wouldn't be too hard to do. The Unreal engine was originally made for PC games, right...? I would definitely buy the PC version; the online would be so much better.

Even if the sales are low for PC fighting games, it still seems profitable to me. Don't see why they wouldn't.

Hmmm

I signed the petition. I still doubt it will ever come to the PC even though it uses the Unreal Engine 3. I'm not a rocket scientist however, if all 9530 people who signed the petition bought it for PC with a price tag of $50 that would be close to half a million bucks. Sure it's not better than console sales but it's still money that they would of never had.

Justice

Noob
I don't think it'll come to pc like the previous versions did simply because pc hacking is sooooo rampant and unchecked. It's a shame really. I do remember the previous versions doing well on pc.

MoFuzz

Noob
By PC hacking, do you mean cheating? Not sure why that would be an issue in a primarily offline game, where the online is so awful. Anyways, there's a variety of anti cheating options on PC nowadays, so I don't really see it as an issue. If hacking was such an obstacle, why would any developer release any games at all on PC?

For those yelling about piracy, yes, it happens on PC, but it also happens on 360 and to a lesser extent PS3. In fact, any time a multi-platform game releases the same day on all formats, it's generally the console versions (usually 360) that appears first on torrent sites. Yet, no one complains about it, everyone just blames PC piracy.

You guys have to remember that this game was built on Unreal Engine 3, and if a 360 version was developed, then a PC port would cost little to nothing, since 360 & PC programming is so similar. It's basically guaranteed income for NRS. Would some people pirate it? Sure. But they'd still end up with revenue they wouldn't have had otherwise. They're just leaving money on the table this way.

The funny thing is that WB releases PC versions of their other big name properties: FEAR 3 and Batman: Arkham City both will see PC versions this year. So it makes zero sense for Mortal Kombat to not get one.

Console die-hards lose nothing if the PC audience get MK9. All that will happen is more people get a chance to experience the game. In fact, if there is ever a PC version released, I'm sure there'll be some sweet mods as the Unreal Engine is so well known to PC enthusiasts.

sLeeK

Noob
Even though I don't game on PC any more, I still have love for it and love for MK. I signed and was surprised to see 9530 people signed :O If they don't put out a PC version for this MK, I am positive they will for their next game.

I'm all for a PC port but man that petition is terribly written. I'm really tired of online petitions being presented like this so no one takes them seriously.

MK on Steam would be amazing. Matchmaking that isn't horrid console fare. Pre-order and get Scorpion's mask for the Pyro in TF2 plus the Heavy as a platform exclusive....

Don't forget 1080p (or higher) resolution, anti aliasing, and fan mods being possible.

First - Hello to all!

Second - I was wondering, if there are no plans for a pc version yet, and since there weren't any pc titles even if there were always speculations surrounding all releases, we should do another petition.

The petition, instead of asking once again for a pc version, should provide a demand to stop any talking about that version of the game until some real developement takes place.

I am personally very dissapointed about the game not being made for pc's, but since it isn't the first time, why should they continue to give any hope in the future?

Justice

Noob
First - Hello to all!

Second - I was wondering, if there are no plans for a pc version yet, and since there weren't any pc titles even if there were always speculations surrounding all releases, we should do another petition.

The petition, instead of asking once again for a pc version, should provide a demand to stop any talking about that version of the game until some real developement takes place.

I am personally very dissapointed about the game not being made for pc's, but since it isn't the first time, why should they continue to give any hope in the future?
No hope was ever given by NRS that I am aware of. The original petition was from some fans in Poland that realy wanted a pc version. Boon has basically said "Eff dat!" to the idea.