What's new

MK9 PC Online Mode Experiences

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Thinking about getting this game... never played an MK before... is this a mistake? and is Online pretty playable?
I pull off shit you wouldn't believe, that I could never do even offline on the PS3 and I'm in the US. I go back to PS3 and still can't do it offline, and I do it on PC. Same exact controller.

Yea it is much improved from the console versions except for the fact that you need a bunch of people who have MK on your friends list. I have a group of MK players in North America if you're interested in an invite http://steamcommunity.com/id/1m40wny0455 . I wish more people bought the game.

I pull off shit you wouldn't believe, that I could never do even offline on the PS3 and I'm in the US. I go back to PS3 and still can't do it offline, and I do it on PC. Same exact controller.

Yea it is much improved from the console versions except for the fact that you need a bunch of people who have MK on your friends list. I have a group of MK players in North America if you're interested in an invite http://steamcommunity.com/id/1m40wny0455 . I wish more people bought the game.
there will be a huge player addition in august when game's retail version is being released.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
How is the competition on the PC version? I'm thinking about buying it but I want to know if there's a large community with good players.

Aof

Noob
Depends on the region. Remember the game is region locked.
Where I live there is not too much people, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, you get to make more friends and practice more with them.
I know other regions like Russia have lots of people.

So far, from my experience:
-You need a good PC AND a good internet connection for a good online experience.
-Online play is good with people from your region, it's not as good with people from other parts because of the high ping and subsequent lag and delay of the moves.
-Even if you have a good PC and internet connection if the other person doesn't have those, things can get not so good. That's something a lot of people don't get, they say -why is that if I have this Super PC and Super internet connection the online matches drops/sucks?- Well, that can be because the OTHER person has an older PC or slow internet and it's him that drops.
-Depending on the region, they can have more or less players.

Scoot Magee

I'm guessing North America is the largest audience? How is it compared to the current state of the ps3 and 360 version?

Scoot Magee

Ok, I just pretty much wasted $30 on this. The online is just as bad as the console versions if not worse because of all the variables of other people's pc's. Also the first time I logged on and look at the lobby there was a combined total of 10 people throughout all the rooms together.

I haven't really played the game at all since injustice came out and was hoping this would help me get back into it. I'm definitely not happy I spent the money on this.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Ok, I just pretty much wasted $30 on this. The online is just as bad as the console versions if not worse because of all the variables of other people's pc's. Also the first time I logged on and look at the lobby there was a combined total of 10 people throughout all the rooms together.

I haven't really played the game at all since injustice came out and was hoping this would help me get back into it. I'm definitely not happy I spent the money on this.
Bro, play me.

This port's online sucks. Did you seriously think it would be any better? Fighters on PC? lol

BTW, Russia definitely has the biggest audience

Scoot Magee

Bro, play me.

This port's online sucks. Did you seriously think it would be any better? Fighters on PC? lol

BTW, Russia definitely has the biggest audience
No but I didn't think it would be worse. Not to mention the offline even feels as if it has more delay than the console versions. I've had better experiences with emulation and especially ggpo. lol there's no way I'm even playing this shit again, I just threw away some money. If I play at all it will be on ps3 or xbox. I actually just ordered it for ps3 but I lent out my 360 copy. I'll play when I get one of those back.

Oh I do have the vita version which plays better lol.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
No but I didn't think it would be worse. Not to mention the offline even feels as if it has more delay than the console versions. I've had better experiences with emulation and especially ggpo. lol there's no way I'm even playing this shit again, I just threw away some money. If I play at all it will be on ps3 or xbox. I actually just ordered it for ps3 but I lent out my 360 copy. I'll play when I get one of those back.
It's because the PC players that did get it have fucking awful rigs lmfao

Scoot Magee

It's because the PC players that did get it have fucking awful rigs lmfao
I played a few guys that must have had pc's good enough to run the game at full speed but the delay was out of control. I actually had literally about 2 full seconds of input lag with one of the guys I played.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I played a few guys that must have had pc's good enough to run the game at full speed but the delay was out of control. I actually had literally about 2 full seconds of input lag with one of the guys I played.
Yeah, again, there is a lot more international players with this one.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Unfortunately, I can't seem to play it either. The connections are always shit and my Laptop actually handles the game...Offline plays flawlessly tho.

Aof

Noob
As I said earlier, with people from your same region, the online works very well.
I was also frustrated with online play until I started playing with people close to where I live and it works great.

Problem is the PC has a lot of variables that most people don't take into account. I had a friend who was bashing the online play on another game, and after checking his PC I found out that he had utorrent running in the background and he had all bandwidth allocated to it. Other was complaining why some game was running so choppy, and he had antialiasing all the way to the top, using a medium-end gpu. "But I can play other games fine!" is a common complaint, but totally lacking on hard evidence.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I updated my chipset drivers (which I hadn't done since I put windows 7 back on my lappy) and that solved all my issues. I play on high with no aa or antro. Runs flawless. Had SUPER fun sets with zaf earlier. Connection was awesome.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
OK, so I have this and I've actually been playing it online.

First, the online plays better than the console version, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Wired on FIOS is just fantastic...and I've also played wirelessly on FIOS and it was easily better than wired on either console.

Now, a few tips for people not as used to PC gaming.

Remember, when playing PC games online, you have to prepare for the lowest common denominator. By this, I mean, you have to assume that there will be people who's PC's are JUST BARELY able to handle the game...or possibly not even capable but they're pushing it anyway.

Because of this, the games will attempt to sync, even if the users are using different settings.

1. Keep your game set at 720p for online games. (for offline, go nuts with whatever settings you want)
2. If your PC can't even handle that, then use the lowest settings the game allows...and pray
3. Just like console, try to stay on a wired connection when possible.

In terms of controllers:
I have found that a number of devices work well, and others do not.

Here are some recommendations:

-Xbox 360 Afterglow controller. Good d-pad, highly recommended.

-Xbox 360 Mad Catz sticks. Oddly, I was unable to get the PS3 version working natively with this game. Might have needed the driver. I will update tonight or tomorrow.

-PS3 MAD CATZ products, as long as they have a "LS" or Left Stick (as in Left Analog Stick) setting, it will work fine on this game.

-PS3 Mad Catz SF4 Pads, SFxT pads and Arcade Sticks will all work as long as the switch that says "LS DP RS" is set to the LS setting.

-PS2 pads with the HDE converter (this thing)

However, MAKE SURE to set it to 360 mode.
**Note** If you have one of these converters that DOES NOT have a ps3/360 switch on the side, it will ONLY recognize the diagonal directions on your pad's analog sticks, but NOT on your dpad.

I have not yet tested any other PS2 converters, so I don't know if the etokki or inpin will work yet.

Controllers with problems:

-Official Sony PS3 pads: will not natively work and will require a program to work. Could slow your pc down.
-MLG PS3 pad: Diagonals not recognized on dpad, only on analog.

Controllers still to try:

-Xbox 360 PDP MK Stick(I no longer own a PS3 one)
-AIAB PS3 MK Stick
-AIAB dual modded stick

Updates coming soon.

Etokki works but it has a problem with NjP

InPin I haven't tested enough but I'll be trying it now.