What's new

MK4 should be included with other Klassic games and not this 3D Junk

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
My childhood: Arcade MK2 port on neighbor's PC, and MK2 Sticker Album from Panini with cool artwork, then UMK3 on Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive 2 virtually in every second appartment I entered, then additon of PC version of MK4 on all PCs, and Tekken 3 on PSX in shop for money, and at PC in cracked bleem! commercial PSX emulator. So we had some serious MK4 mash-ups in my childhood as well, when I was at school. Then when I got to university I played alot of arcade UMK3 online, and some MK4 too, and Dreamcast games like SC, DOA2, MK:Gold and then switched to SS which I played last 6 years as well, and now I play MKDA at my PC too, and some MKD lol, as well as KOF MI2 Regulation A and SS6 which are too for PS2.

I remember that MK was fast and fun for its time, and when I saw Shinnok for first time I thought "cool now they put in MK some harlequin-like character, like and MK Joker perphaps" and his throw and weapon were cool, but then I was like "wtf, no special moves?" and then "omg, this guy is boss?" and after that I stopped picking him, lol.
Oh and MK Gold is damn broken

Tim Static

Adminerator
Definitely YAY

Still the last "good" MK, despite it still being the most UN-MK MK game to that point.

Fun as hell.

Hell, we should have a thread for THE GRID as well. :D

S

scheissn

The reason I put them all together in one forum was because they are all classified as 3D and they rarely ever got any posts to begin with.

I'd rather have the forums slightly less bulky for something that doesn't really get a lot of use to it.

I like MK4 also, but it just doesn't get too many posts.
If people begin to play it, I'll change it.
(And then most likely ppl will forget about it and it will just sit there)

I honestly don't see why people don't aside from it being a pretty picky about it's emulation.

Noob
The N64 emulation of it is pretty darn good. Shock and I tested it on kaillera and it ran very quickly(faster than MKT) on p2p, with no real noticeable input delay or lag.

S

scheissn

9.95 said:
The N64 emulation of it is pretty darn good. Shock and I tested it on kaillera and it ran very quickly(faster than MKT) on p2p, with no real noticeable input delay or lag.
Yeah, Agent and I played it for like a week.
It is really fun, and it can be played very similarly to UMK3, I don't think a lot of ppl recognize that.

The only thing that gets boring is that everyones combos are very similar.

Yeah kombos are pretty much repetitive there.. but i never liked ground kombos more then i do at mk4, i think they are pretty enjoyable, but can get anoyingly booring as well during time..

S

scheissn

Dreadish said:
Yeah kombos are pretty much repetitive there.. but i never liked ground kombos more then i do at mk4, i think they are pretty enjoyable, but can get anoyingly booring as well during time..
The thing with playing MK4 N64 p2p is that the ground combos are so fast (and the blood animation makes it hard to see) that it is hard to tell what is going on to try to escape a mix up.

If you are duck/blocking, someone can very easily break the combo then start it with kicks again and it is hard to escape. Factor in move mix ups like Scorpions spear and Reps .... "scurry"? (lol) and the speed can make it pretty difficult to play when you are just getting used to it.

It also makes for a lot of fun too. I think speeding up all the 2D MK's makes them almost completely different in terms of strats. Play MK2 at a higher frame rate, it is a completely different game. Much harder for turtles to succeed.