What's new

MK4 in future tournaments?

I$AAC

Noob
Ok seeing as I'll be running the MK portion of CEO 2011, I wanted to add MK4 to the lineup as well but I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out whats the best way to run it since the psx version is a bad port, no one wants to play on a n64 pad, and i
i dont think someone would lug around an MK4 cab. What is the best way to go about this?

oBryant

Noob
Ok seeing as I'll be running the MK portion of CEO 2011, I wanted to add MK4 to the lineup as well but I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out whats the best way to run it since the psx version is a bad port, no one wants to play on a n64 pad, and i
i dont think someone would lug around an MK4 cab. What is the best way to go about this?
lol... not have mk4?.. Just my opinion though

Tim Static

Adminerator
the N64 pad is godlike in terms of pads for fighters. imo

But i dont know man, its hard to say what kind of number of people that would actually play it. So lugging around anything might be futile.

I$AAC

Noob
the N64 pad is godlike in terms of pads for fighters. imo

But i dont know man, its hard to say what kind of number of people that would actually play it. So lugging around anything might be futile.
My mistake, I was thinking of the gamecube controller

SchiessNussen: link me to those sticks/controller please

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Fuck yes. I'd be down for this. MK4 is one game I never really got in to.

Tim Static

Adminerator
My mistake, I was thinking of the gamecube controller

SchiessNussen: link me to those sticks/controller please
If you are going to make your own sticks (which I would suggest) you could use the parts from any of the regular controllers.

Here are two of them on ebay for N64. They aren't very pretty though.
Madcatz
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-64-Dual-Arcade-Joystick-/200565036607?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2eb29b963f
Arcade Shark
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-NINTENDO-64-ARCADE-SHARK-CONTROLLER-VERY-NICE-/290520988522?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item43a4667b6a
I am gonna get two unwired boxes, layout drilled, buttons and installed but not wired, and have Lucky Day put PS2 and N64 pcbs in each for MKT's and N64.

I$AAC

Noob
Ok cool. Looks like I'll need some help running an mk4 tourney. The other games should be no problem!

But yeah I don't think mk4 gets a fare shake in tourneys. If mkdc gets in tourneys so should mk4! :)