What's new

MK2 V L1.1 on MAME

Again, another early MK2 build released on MAME 140u2

seems very beta, Kung Lao has his second player colours for example, this may be a 2p is always colour 2 bug though.

No fatalities that I could get to work, less blood, and no foreground effects that I could see, gravity and recovery seem to be similar to most later revisions.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
has this rom been released with his own file? I mean, can it be played already without messing with the other existing roms?

Colonel_Klink

Delusional
I asked this over at TYM, but this is probably the more appropriate place.

Supposedly there is the Shang Tsung ceiling walk glitch in the 1.1 romset. I've never seen an image or video of this, but the rumor has persisted for quite a long time. Has anyone seen or done this glitch? Is it just a myth/rumor?

The only info I came across was this: "Shang Tsung on the ceiling happened on old revisions as a result of doing his friendship on the Kombat Tomb stage."

Can anyone verify this "glitch" or at least tell me it's as fake as Ermac in MK1?

Colonel_Klink

Delusional
Thanks Zaq -- if Konqrr says it exists, then I believe it.

So the next questions are what is it? How is it done? What does it look like?

I know this seems like a trivial thing, but I've literally heard about this for years and have never seen anything more than the very few references on the net (and many of those were just parroting another source).

It's kinda like the Baraka blade spin that was supposedly in early MKII versions... was that real, or just a rumor?

Colonel_Klink

Delusional
Yeah, that's the same list I see being repeated around the net, but unfortunately it doesn't give any real clues to how it's done or what the result is.

It is interesting that the friendships came in 2.1, which would mean that the only info I found (doing Shang's friendship on the Kombat Tomb stage) is bogus .. unless Shang had a different moveset for his friendship and his was actually in 1.1.

Come to think of it, the revisions (at least 1.1 and beyond) were the two main program chips and not graphics ROMs. So, the friendship images/animations, along with the fatalities, babalities, and other things, would have been in there already, but the program code may not have enabled them yet.