What's new

MK2 - Upcoming events

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just a heads up to anyone curious about upcoming tournaments on this site. Right now, we (as in me) do not have anything planned for the immediate future. This includes the entirety of the summer months, though we may run something around August when the offline SummerJam tournament is scheduled to take place.

However, this does not mean that online tournaments are off limits. As has been the case from day 1, ANYBODY is welcome to create and host their own tournament here on this site. You can come up with your own format, your own ideas, whatever you want to do. The only requirement is that it follows the standard forum rules (banned users cannot enter, etc.) I would also encourage a minimum of 8 players for each event or else it wouldn't be worth running.

The only thing set in stone is for the end of the year in December. Ththuvhul and I are putting together a monster MK2 tournament that will have the entire MK community buzzing. Let's just say that if we don't get 32+ players for the event in December......well......it (getting 32+ players for a classic event) will never happen.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I was thinking of doing a Blackout tournament...
Blackout is the format Ththuvhul invented where both players start out with random select (or their choice of low tier on MKAK).
Winner keeps using that same character until they lose with them. Then they pick their next character. Whomever defeats their opponent's entire MK2 cast first, wins.
Obviously this would be a lengthy tournament so I was toying with the idea of like a week-long time frame.
Thoughts?

Blackout is the format Ththuvhul invented where both players start out with random select (or their choice of low tier on MKAK).
Winner keeps using that same character until they lose with them. Then they pick their next character. Whomever defeats their opponent's entire MK2 cast first, wins.
Obviously this would be a lengthy tournament so I was toying with the idea of like a week-long time frame.
Thoughts?

I won't be entering any tournaments longer than 1 night, but good luck. Too many people neglect their matches.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Thoughts?

The concept is good, but as you pointed out it would need to be a multi-day event. Past experience shows that the single day format works exponentially better so if you can find a way to make it work within the confines of one day you will probably have more success with people playing their games. We'll run it however you want, just some food for thought.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
The concept is good, but as you pointed out it would need to be a multi-day event. Past experience shows that the single day format works exponentially better so if you can find a way to make it work within the confines of one day you will probably have more success with people playing their games. We'll run it however you want, just some food for thought.
Yeah and many people refuse to use anyone but their favorite characters. Probably would be hard to get 8 people lol, so sad.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Probably have better luck with a 1-day bottom tier tournament. There are a lot of elite players that have nasty Reptiles, Subs, and Cages. That could be some fun shit!
I'm down for any tourney you put together, but I of course would like the low tier one the best!

Blackout is just some variation of a bar room dart game. I simply applied it to MK2. It works rather nicely, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that others have tried this method over the years. I want to see some really creative tournament ideas. Hopefully, Bill and I can deliver in December. I'm feeling pretty confident right now that we can and will with Sirkle of Terror.