What's new

MK2 Trading Cards - 1993/94

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I have been going through old stuff recently, and I found these old MK2 trading cards made by Classic. I started researching a little bit, and it turns out the special chase cards from these series go for a pretty good bit on Ebay. They had special chase cards for every finishing move, every characters Pit, Spike, and Deadpool finishers, as well as special chase cards for all NPCs. Did any of you ever collect these back in the day?

The younger guys here will not have any idea what I am talking about, but others born in the early 80s might remember these.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I stopped collecting these when I found out that there are like 70+ special cards... after getting all of them for various marvel series', I said hell nah.

I still have a bunch of these somewhere unless I gave them to my brother.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I have been going through old stuff recently, and I found these old MK2 trading cards made by Classic. I started researching a little bit, and it turns out the special chase cards from these series go for a pretty good bit on Ebay. They had special chase cards for every finishing move, every characters Pit, Spike, and Deadpool finishers, as well as special chase cards for all NPCs. Did any of you ever collect these back in the day?

The younger guys here will not have any idea what I am talking about, but others born in the early 80s might remember these.
Fuck yeah dude. I still have my collection stowed away at my moms place for safe keeping.

Old dudes unite!

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I stopped collecting these when I found out that there are like 70+ special cards... after getting all of them for various marvel series', I said hell nah.

I still have a bunch of these somewhere unless I gave them to my brother.
Yeah, the special cards were the hard part of the set for sure. I recently found out the special cards from this MK2 series of cards go for crazy amounts on Ebay.

Fuck yeah dude. I still have my collection stowed away at my moms place for safe keeping.

Old dudes unite!

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems
That is awesome. Do you remember which special cards you have?

I have every set of special cards, except the "Fatality" cards.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I secretly bought a pack in 1994, but gave them to a friend because violent video games were a big no-no in my religious family.