What's new

MK2 @ Summer Jam in Philly 8/13-8/14 (SEE FIRST POST!)

Tim Static

Adminerator
On August 14, 2010 in Philadelphia, PA, CMK user btbb99 won the Mortal Kombat 2 tournament at Summer Jam 2010.

Congrats to Brian for first, Nit (summoning) for a 2nd place finish. Another CMK user DCIguy finished 3rd.

Big E, the TO of Summer Jam (SJ), NEC (North East Championships) & Winter Brawl with Brian, the 2010 MK2 Champ of MK2!

And Brian, with his prize!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
MK2 @ Summer Jam in Philly 8/13-8/14

Considering this is just across the state for me, I'm in!

Sushi

Noob

if it wasnt a long ways from me i would fuken love to jump in. damnit...

NoDoubt

nasty

Dayum in philly? shit...thats where I am! If only I still played as much and as good : ((

Tim Static

Adminerator

NoDoubtArion said:
Dayum in philly? shit...thats where I am! If only I still played as much and as good : ((
Do not worry about how good you are. Just show up, meet other players, get better and HAVE FUN! Thats what its all about.

Plus, once you experience an offline tourney, you'll get hooked. :)

Please, show up! you wont regret it :D

X820

Noob

Tim Static said:
Do not worry about how good you are. Just show up, meet other players, get better and HAVE FUN! Thats what its all about.

Plus, once you experience an offline tourney, you'll get hooked. :)

Please, show up! you wont regret it :D
Agreed, all that nonesense; im not good blabla im not this blabla

Go and keep the scene alive dammit, you still owe me one ;)

LOL!

fuck, I was just in Philly a couple weeks ago.. :\
I'd love to be at this, but I can't travel now.... I hope somebody records it!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

I just called btbb99 and spoke to him. Looks like we're gonna meet IRL (oOOoOooOo)! Always fun meeting someone you only know online (usually).

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Tim Static said:
so you are 100% there for MK2? you guys gonna play UMk3 too?
If I do play UMK3, it will be for pure fun only. I would in no way be any competition for any serious UMK3 player.

Tim Static

Adminerator

dciguy01 said:
If I do play UMK3, it will be for pure fun only. I would in no way be any competition for any serious UMK3 player.
oh come on, there are others who will be there playing in the UMK3 who dont play it only at tournies to support the game and players who have recently discovered the game. Just enter to support the scene my man!

I've all but retired from MK2 but i will play it at every tourney we do just because :)

X820

Noob

Tim Static said:
oh come on, there are others who will be there playing in the UMK3 who dont play it only at tournies to support the game and players who have recently discovered the game. Just enter to support the scene my man!

I've all but retired from MK2 but i will play it at every tourney we do just because :)

This.

Man, if I lived anywhere remotely close to this shit I would go to every single one of them and play both games, for the hell of it even.

btbb99

Noob

Tim Static said:
so you are 100% there for MK2? you guys gonna play UMk3 too?
yeah i will definitely be there, i live 8 minutes away, yes i wrote that right 8 minutes lol. I got the days of the tourney mixed up last year and thats why I wasn't there. I will be there mainly for mk2 but if you guys want me to play in a umk3 tourney i will do it for the support no doubt, but i suck lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Well, in the off chance I do decide to play UMK3 this weekend, I downloaded UMK3 for MAME and am going to try to get a crash course in the game over the next few days. Anyone wants to play me, send me a PM or get me on AIM (coltskillbill)

Okay sounds good hope we all are gonna play professionally and respectfully and have a good time!

Gematria

Noob

I wish i could attend this but does anyone know if any of this thing will be streamed?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Gematria said:
I wish i could attend this but does anyone know if any of this thing will be streamed?
I hear UMK3 will be streamed, but I doubt MK2 will

MKB

Forum General Emeritus

Btbb won it and he deserved it. I was inches away from playing him for the title, but summoning got me with his turtling Kung Lao. I give all those guys lots of credit, they can play and it was lots of fun.

btbb99

Noob

thanks nodoubtarion and dciguy, dci man today i had a blast, it was really nice to meet you, tim static, summoning and all the other guys there.really cool guys all of you are. I never been a part of anything like that and it was fucking awesome just like i expected, it was really nice to see all those people show up and show there love for fighting games even tho it would've been nice if mk2 had a big turnout like street fighter had, i really hope david gem and rdz21 show up to the next one, they live in new york and there's a chance they will be there. I owe a big thank you to the man who made the plaque i won, it's fucking awesome and a big thank you to shock and everyone else responsible for setting these tournaments up, great work and please keep it up!!!!