What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Scorpion MIRROR

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I needed a break after my disappointing run in the tournament. But anyway, I was going to suggest Mike write this and a few others anyway, because he is much better with Scorpion and Lao.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I needed a break after my disappointing run in the tournament. But anyway, I was going to suggest Mike write this and a few others anyway, because he is much better with Scorpion and Lao.
That's fine. I already reached out to him about the remaining two mirror match threads anyway. I'm sure he'll have them done relatively soon.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Scorpion mirrors tend to be a mix of super caution, mixed in with crazy offense.
Grab your spears and let's go!

DOs:

- Instant spears come out fast and often pay off. Especially learn the walk-forward spear and you're almost guaranteed to land one each match.

- Telepunch from all different positions in the air. You will keep your opponent constantly trying to pin you down.

- Get aggressive with crossovers. Buffer block in the air, and if your opponent tries to jump away, they'll get thrown instead.

- CQC is often important in mirrors, because you both have the same CQC strengths and weaknesses. The ninjas of course have the worst CQC in the game. But in Ninja mirrors, that is not an issue. Get in there and jab, sweep and kick to death!

DON'Ts:

- Only use the scissors takedown move if your opponent is on danger. This is probably the worst Special Move in MK2, and even if you land it, you'll eat an uppercut anyway.

- Don't try anti-air uppercutting. While the ninjas CAN actually uppercut each other out of the air, the roundhouse is much more secure as an anti-air.

- Avoid throwing spears from within sweep distance. If it's blocked, Scorpion has plenty of time to block and hit you with a spear of his own.

- Getting predictable with your telepunches will lead to some nasty combos when blocked. Use this move wisely...

SCORPION STATS (according to mortal_jason):

Tier Rank: 9
Best Special: Spear
Worst Special: Takedown
Best Normal: Roundhouse
Worst Normal: Jump Kick (Easiest to anti-air)
Awesome Scorpion players to Youtube: MIKECALDWELL, kensidj, kevin592c