What's new

MK2 Pre-production Sample (Genesis)

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
I was curious if anyone had any information about this. I got it off a friend some years back. Not sure where he got it from. It's the size of two Genesis cartridges. Seems to be a fully working version of the game from what I can tell, but I haven't played it in depth.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
@ded_: Not that I was able to tell during the short time I've played it.

@ScheissNussen: I'll see what I can do. I'll try giving it a thorough play test some time this week and get some footage. I appreciate the input.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
I haven't forgotten about this (nor am I trying to bump this thread). I've just been a bit busy. I'll try to get to it soon, though. I plan to play test the entire game to see if everything is present (moves, secrets, etc.), as well as compare it to the final version, which will also require a thorough play test in order to spot any potential differences between the two. I'll have to devote an entire evening to it. Hopefully some time in the coming weeks.

McCarron

Noob
Jason that's pretty awesome, I'd hold onto that or give it to me if I were you. It's very much a pre-production MK2 Genesis. The version may be closer to final as they updated them often, but it's very rare indeed. Any idea where your friend got it from?

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
McCarron said:
Jason that's pretty awesome, I'd hold onto that or give it to me if I were you.
lol

McCarron said:
It's very much a pre-production MK2 Genesis. The version may be closer to final as they updated them often, but it's very rare indeed. Any idea where your friend got it from?
I really can't remember where he got it. Unfortunately, I haven't talked to him in awhile. I want to say a swap-meet but I'm not certain.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
TerryMasters said:
Any progress on this?
I haven't gotten around to it yet, unfortunately. Still on my to-do list, though. I don't have any way to record it. That's the main thing. I have access to a video camera, but not sure how that would turn out.

By the way, I recently got the chance to ask my friend where he got this and he said eBay.

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
I know this thread is over two years old, but I figured I'd update those who were interested in this. I finally got ahold of a Retrode, which is a ROM dumping device for the SNES/Genesis. I dumped both the pre-production sample and my retail cartridge, and compared the CRCs. I wish I had better news, but the checksums were a match. :(

Reactions: MKB