What's new

MK2 peoples

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
so im getting my ps3 on friday or saturday so anyone who wants to pwn me in some mk2 hit me up my tag is Golden_Oreos...should be fun even though im not to good at mk2 but we shall see!

im not around as much as i would like these days but feel free to add me. Vassago187
hopefully one of these days we'll get UMK3 and you can return the favor :)

iammud

Noob
MK people! New York, and California! MK People! I was born on Jupiter.

psn tag: iammud

xDisciplex said:
I'm hoping they'll redo Mortal Kombat Trilogy in HD and release that...ah man that would be sweet :)
Random, but if they do MK:T in HD it better be based on umk3. Isn't Midway all sorts of fucked up, or sold, or some shit? If anything we'll likely get MK:T PSX as a downloadable game.

I know it's random, I'm cool like that mud :p Yeah based off of UMK3, that'd be sweet. It is a long shot they'll redo it in HD, but if they did take the time to redo it...I guarantee it would sell a crap load and they could easily charge $15 for it and it'll still sell like hotcakes.

I have MK:T for PSX, and play it from time to time on my PS3, just hate the load times.

Btw to original poster - My PSN ID: xMichalex

D

david_GEM

I know where that's from but I forgot the name. It's really awesome looking and they have vids on yoututbe

xDisciplex said:
Did you photoshop those..they look pretty sick. We can only wish it'd come out soon for the PS3 :)
Yeah I did lol! But that's how it was done just being bored.

david_GEM said:
I know where that's from but I forgot the name. It's really awesome looking and they have vids on yoututbe
Yeah I know I have that game. It's called, "Mortal Kombat Project."

I have MK:p, pretty fun cause of the created characters - so is MK: Anthology another fan created MK game. Only thing is the playability isn't quite up there with a MK game, not as smooth in my opinion - which can take away from the gameplay.

I agree that the next MK should be a 2d version, not 3d. I gotta I've bought ever single MK game ever releaseed, but definitely do not like the 3d games over any of the 2d games. A new 2d MK version with todays technology would be sick and in my opinion could open the doors for new gamers to become fans of the franchise and get older fans back in the mix, more profit possibilities than a 3d game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
No MKT HD please......

remake UMK3, maybe call it UMK3 2. I dunno, I dont care, but MKT was terrible and should always be dismissed due to the fact the game is fucking broken beyond repair and should never ever be taken seriously. please.....

Great post Scheiss, I agree to fix the problems that are evident wouldn't be too hard or time consuming and with any gaming/software team - you could easily fix that in no time. With that in mind, IF they did the changes so it was not so broken it would be great I think. The lineup in the game can't be denied and beat - despite his cheapness in MK:T currently, Rain is great :)

Tim Static said:
No MKT HD please......

remake UMK3, maybe call it UMK3 2. I dunno, I dont care, but MKT was terrible and should always be dismissed due to the fact the game is fucking broken beyond repair and should never ever be taken seriously. please.....
It wasn't made to be serious. It should be more as a joke. Anyone who believes that is beyond me.

Tim Static said:
But cool fake covers tho lol :D
Thanks bro.

ScheissNussen said:
I honestly think there is too much content in MKT to just write it off.
However, they would have to use a lot of their focus balancing the game correctly.
If they started to fix Lao, I don't think it would be much harder to fix all of the characters.

The most difficult parts are already finished. They even have ways to fix what is broken already in the game, all they have to do is change the variables of them.

Examples: MK2 damage, Lao dive kick limits after hits, reptile 2 or 3 dashes, all of these things are simple to fix, and are already being used throughout every move in the game.

If they can limit amount of forceballs that can be out at the same time, then they can limit the amount of dashes that he can do. All it would take is another counter.

Code:
if(!RepDashing && RepDash <= 2 && RepDashInput){
 RepDashing = true;
 RepDash += 1;
 repDash();
}
(feel free to use that^ Midway or wtf ever you are called now)

But the reason I agree with Tim is because I wouldn't bet that they would do it correctly ;)

Bringing in some top players to help them test it (ala Capcom) would be a key decision for them, otherwise they should go with umk3.
Any one played a game that limits special moves? The game Primal Rage taunted MK back in the days with "cheese." You remember that anti-cheese icon that appeared when you did the same move over and over again? It meant no spamming. If you set up an attack that is considered "cheesy" by the computer (i.e. "ticking," or setting up a series of jabs followed by a throw which can't be blocked, or re-freezing an opponent), the game disallows the move and flashes an image of a piece of Swiss cheese on the screen.

Boon knew about this when he made MKII in the arcades with "broken" moves surrounding Jax's mgp and Liu's mbk. He never fixed that problem. :-\

I know the chances are almost nonexistent, but I like to hope there is at least one UMK3 Wavenet edition board around somewhere and wish it would be dumped with the MAME team so we could get to play this version. Since it was such a limited release...such a small % of the MK fans even got to test this out, I know I sure didn't.

Has anyone here played UMK3 Wavenet when it was released in the 2 cities?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lex had one in his house when it was being tested (aka he was a tester) but good luck finding a UMK3 wavenet anything :/

K75Boi

Noob
I'm looking to start playing MK2 more and i need more players on my friends list---so please add me K75Boi