What's new

MK2 Online Holiday Tourney - CANCELLED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
[COLOR="#orange"]Tournament cancelled due to lack of participation[/COLOR]

This is a Kaillera tournament; however PS3/360 may be used if both players own a console.

If you do not have Kaillera installed on your computer and/or need assistance with getting it setup, please see this link for detailed instructions:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?14655-Tutorial-Set-up-MK2-with-Kaillera!

RULES
  • All matches are best of 9 (first to 5.) You do not need to play all 9 games if one player has already accumulated 5 wins.
  • All matches are free select (pick any character you want)
  • Deadlines will be posted once brackets are announced. All matches must be completed and scores/results must be posted by 11:59PM PST of the deadline. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS. PERIOD. Unless of course a player is intentionally ducking you, in which case only that person is DQ'd.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match assignments. We will not send out reminders to participants.
  • If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • You will have up to the 3rd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in this thread in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from TYM/CMK/UMK you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • Failure to meet match deadlines, failing to post score results of a match, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. TYM staff also reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you are automatically disqualified.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, then the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in the first round. If a replacement player is needed in subsequent rounds, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie then the winner will get to pick.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=415429

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1/A. DCIguy
2. He_Is_Close
3. REO
4. STORMS
5. MikeMetroid
6. Moonspell
7. dudemcrude
8. xAnnunaki
9. btbb99
10. Comon2680
11/J. EndOfGameBoss
12/Q. pavlikmk2
13/K. JohnyCageWins
14. BYE
15. BYE
16. BYE

RESERVES

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
How does this work? One player sets up the server and both play?
Pretty much. One VS One matchups with scores being reported after the fact. I will post a complete set of rules once I know more about potential players.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
why only mk2? let's play all classic mk's from mk1 to umk3. :)
I'm all for tournaments with the other classic MK games. MK2 happens to be my favorite of the bunch which is why I'm aiming to do this one first. We can certainly hit the others later.

aj1701

Noob
Pretty much. One VS One matchups with scores being reported after the fact. I will post a complete set of rules once I know more about potential players.
Cool. I may be able to run a server so that neither player had home advantage. Let me know and I can look into it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
[MENTION=2106]DCIguy[/MENTION]

since this is the first one you've done on TYM, list those rules so everyone new can see them too :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Edited the OP with rules for the tourney. These are pretty standard for the online tournies I've been running for the past couple years. Let me know if you have any questions.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Is this Arcade Kollection or just MK2 by itself?
Well, if the patch drops by then (HOPEFULLY)...

Actually... if you have MK2 for PSN (NOT the MKAK version) that would work best IMO.

And sign up too... wait... why Random Select? :(

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

Actually... if you have MK2 for PSN (NOT the MKAK version) that would work best IMO.

I have MK2 by itself on PS3. I can easily get Mame/Kaillera on my computer. I also have MKAK on Xbox.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have MK2 by itself on PS3. I can easily get Mame/Kaillera on my computer. I also have MKAK on Xbox.
Mike, can I count you in?

The random select rule was put into effect to prevent counterpicking. It's been a staple of almost every online tournament hosted dating back to UMK. Honestly, I don't care one way or the other in regards to the character selection. If enough people ask, I'll change it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Mike, can I count you in?

The random select rule was put into effect to prevent counterpicking. It's been a staple of almost every tournament hosted dating back to UMK. Honestly, I don't care one way or the other in regards to the character selection. If enough people ask, I'll change it.
I'll enter if I can use anyone. Sub-Zero is who I use. :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'll enter if I can use anyone. Sub-Zero is who I use. :)
Now that I think about it, random select didn't even exist in MK1. Nobody EVER uses it in UMK3. It's only ever been an issue with MK2. It doesn't make much sense online or offline when you get down to the point. I'll open the tourney up to free character selection.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Am in, i can go with PS3 MK2 and I can go with Kaillera as well. Oh, and i do owe both MK2 versions on PS3.