What's new

mk2 gamble

xxvanmanxx and i were talking last night about the possibility of maybe having a tournament once a month where all competing members put a few bucks into some kind of account. winner take all deal with like a 3 dollar buy in, im just thinking it could bring alot more people into the tournaments. i just remember when i was younger the owner of the local arcade had weekly tournaments with a winner take all 2 dollar buy in. what do you guys think??

Jester305

Banned
I WOULD LOVE TO FIGHT....ANYBODY FOR ANYTHING..SO WHO EVER WANTS TO FIGHT...U KNO DA NAME {JESTER 305} MK2-PS3 ALL DAY....BLAH BLAH BLAH SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! W.E. U HATERZ HAVE TO SAY KEEP IT TO UR SELF..JUST SHUT UP N FIGHT..IF NOT, GO WHINE TO UR MOMMIEZ!!!!!! LMAO

i guess we need sum1 2 set up a pay pal account or something. it would suk if some1 stole money tho becuz sum1 would have to give account info. but seriously we havent ever met but us guys play each other all the time....TRUST LMAO

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
There's no way this would fly with people you've never met. If you beat someone who is a sore loser, I highly doubt they are going to pay up. You would have to get a contract with electronic signatures before hand.

D

david_GEM

i really wouldnt want to play mk2 for money, it would get too competitive. It would just be awesome if someone in the game industry showed mk2 some fucking respect and fucking sponsor us!!!!

street fighter
mvc/2
tekken

they have fucking conventions and shit, what's up!!!!!!

ZAQ

Noob
Imagine the rush you would get playing for money instead of nothing :)

Funny how much more fun things become when there is any amount of cash on the line lol

i dunno how 2 get it rolling but i can easily throw 3-5 evry 2 weeks or so. if we get a set price and enough ppl it would b werth doing. i dnno if we shud do winner take all or a 1st 2nd 3rd.

X820

Noob
This might have been a good idea like3 years ago when a lot of people played 24/7..

Still the idea of actually paying for playing a game that has a small (and dying) scene is a bit lame, my bet is few will actually participate and continue even if they join once..

Imagine all the drama this will cause though, good for a few giggles lol

X820 said:
This might have been a good idea like3 years ago when a lot of people played 24/7..

Still the idea of actually paying for playing a game that has a small (and dying) scene is a bit lame, my bet is few will actually participate and continue even if they join once..
That's a buzz kill if i've ever seen one... Damn. -_-

D

david_GEM

i wouldn't take part in it.

but geez x820, was there really a point in saying that. just say it's not a good idea or something. lol damn dude.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Nothing like brutal honesty I suppose. He's right though. MK2 is nowhere near as big as it used to be. A shame too, since it's one of the all time best fighting games out there.

X820

Noob
david_GEM said:
i wouldn't take part in it.

but geez x820, was there really a point in saying that. just say it's not a good idea or something. lol damn dude.
I did, and explained why lol

X820

Noob
dciguy01 said:
Nothing like brutal honesty I suppose. He's right though. MK2 is nowhere near as big as it used to be. A shame too, since it's one of the all time best fighting games out there.
Speaking of wich, PS3 killed the MK2 scene in a big way if you ask me, CMK came a bit too late imo.

Players were actually about beeing high skill, not about looking who to diss next like nowadays, shame really.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
X820 said:

Imagine all the drama this will cause though, good for a few giggles lol
ROFL

D

david_GEM

X820 said:
Speaking of wich, PS3 killed the MK2 scene in a big way if you ask me, CMK came a bit too late imo.

Players were actually about beeing high skill, not about looking who to diss next like nowadays, shame really.
imo, i think it's a little bit of both