What's new

MK11 Roster and Remaining Spots

Thought I'd compile all this for one spot if anyone was interested.

So far - based off of the game play we've seen, it looks like 25 slots thus far (I'm going to say 26 though because I don't think Shao Kahn is included in this menu, seeing as there is a spot on the bottom but not up top). Seeing as MKX had 36 characters total (including DLC, listing Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke/Cyber Sub-Zero as individual characters) - I think it's safe to assume were going to get AT LEAST 8-12 DLC characters in MK11, bringing the total to 34-38. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I remember reading an interview where they said there will only be 2 DLC packs so... hopefully each pack has 6 players?! That obviously can't include EVERYONE, but it should make for a pretty solid roster.

Anyway... This is what we know so far (I'm including the ones listed on the "achievements/trophies" link as included:

1. Sub-Zero
2. Scorpion
3. Sonya Blade
4. Skarlet
5. Baraka
6. Raiden
7. Geras
8. Shao Kahn
9. Kabal
10. Kano
11. D'Vorah
12. Erron Black
13. Kung Lao (assuming it's him since he was in the trailer too)
14. Jade
15. Frost
16. Jacqui
17. Cassie
18. Kotal Kahn
19. Liu Kang
20. (new)
21. (new)
22. (new)

DLC:
27 - 34/38

Characters not included (as of now):
- Jax
- Smoke
- Rain
- Reptile
- Ermac
- Takeda
- Kung Jin
- Cyrax
- Sektor
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Shang Tsung
- Nightwolf
- Stryker
- Sindel
- Kitana
- Mileena
- Havik
- Reiko
- Fujin
- Noob Saibot
- Tremor
- Johnny Cage
- Tanya
- Bo Rai Cho
- Li Mei
- Goro
- Kenshi
- Shujinko
- Ashrah
- Onaga
- Blaze
- Sheeva
- Motaro
- Kintaro
- Sareena
- Jarek
- Kai
- Drahmin
- Hsu Hao
- Mavado
- Molach
- Nitara
- Dairo
- Darrius
- Hotaru
- Kira
- Kobra
- Daegon
- Taven
- Ferra-Torr
- Khameleon/Chameleon

Obviously some of those are a lot more likely to get in (Fujin, Nightwolf, Kitana, etc.) and some are real far stretches (Kai, Kobra, etc.), but I think you SHOULD see at least a handful of these characters get in.

My theory - There will be a base roster of 26 (including Shao), 6 being new characters and an additional 12 DLC characters. Taking away the announced characters plus 4 (I'm guessing) guest DLC spots - that leaves 10 more old characters that haven't be announced yet to return!

What do ya'll think? If I could choose, my 10 would be:
Smoke (my main), Noob, Rain, Nightwolf, Sindel, Kitana, Havik, Ermac or Reptile, Cyrax or Sektor, Reiko - and Fujin as my 11th pick!

Last edited:

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Roster prediction/complaint threads are spreading around here like STDs in a dirty whorehouse... most of them smell just as bad too.

J_in_CA

Noob
I'm not sure Shao Kahn counts against the 25 as he's likely considered a DLC character the same way Goro was. I don't think they'd have him take up a spot there if not everyone is going to have access to him from the start.

Give me all the MK Trilogy ninjas: Reptile, Ermac, Smoke, Noob Saibot, and Rain. Also Shang Tsung and Mileena. And I'll be happy!

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Kitana was seen in the trailer and referenced in the Cassie intro we saw. She is 99% in. Johnny was seen performing a fatality. If that's not the stage fatality for the stage he is on, or they're already making them for him as DLC, he is in as well. So these two spots are most likely taken. And, sad but worth mentioning, it's not confirmed that Shao Kahn isn't already included in the 25 slots.

So we likely only have 2, worst case only one spot left. Not taking into account rumors about potential secret characters in addition to that.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
OK ... I don't usually bitch about this stuff but there is currently 5 roster speculation threads in the first page of the Mortal Kombat 11 forum.

Can someone please close this thread or combine the threads. It is getting little ridiculous.

OK ... I don't usually bitch about this stuff but there is currently 5 roster speculation threads in the first page of the Mortal Kombat 11 forum.

Can someone please close this thread or combine the threads. It is getting little ridiculous.
This isn't a necessarily a roster speculation thread... This is a "who is confirmed" list with the complete list of remaining characters not yet announced