What's new

MK11 Ranked/competitive complaint thread (no gear talk here pls)

Since 99% of the thread are about towers of boredom, let's discuss here issues related to actually, the fighting game lol.

My biggest complaints are:
  • No matchmaking system whatsoever. Maybe I'm wrong here, but the games I'm getting look completely random. No elo, no nothing, just the same stupid random mm system from mkx. This is especially important the first days of the game, when newcomers try it out so they don't get matches with experienced players.
  • You can't do anything while you are searching for a match. Another big problem. People wouldn't care waiting 5 minutes for a game (with a proper mm system) if they can do other shit while searching, like practice mode, Krypt, or even the stupid time towers.
  • Default variations are different from tournament variation. Seriously WTF. I had to manually modify every single variation to match the ranked ones. Yes, it takes like 1 minute, but it's annoying as hell. Nobody at NRS notice this?
  • W/R record still appears in casual matches.
So in simple terms, I actually don't see any improvement in the quality of ranked games from MKX, except from the BO3 games.

What do you guys think?

I’m not the biggest fan of the wake up system. When someone else does a pop up or just the other attack and sometimes even when I do it, it gets interrupted and I get comboed on. It’s also sometimes a challenge to get out of the corner since people will usually predict your rolls and throw you or something.

I just don't get it. Why play ranked at all? Is there a rank system now similar to Street Fighter or even NARUTO??? What's the difference between casual and ranked matches? I know that ranked you have to use tournament variations and casual is with your own - if your want. It's just... Meh. I only played ranked in Injustice 2 because I hated gear status.

I’m not the biggest fan of the wake up system. When someone else does a pop up or just the other attack and sometimes even when I do it, it gets interrupted and I get comboed on. It’s also sometimes a challenge to get out of the corner since people will usually predict your rolls and throw you or something.
But that’s how you balance wake ups and why you have multiple ones to do. If you could just do any wake up you want and be safe it’d be an issue

But that’s how you balance wake ups and why you have multiple ones to do. If you could just do any wake up you want and be safe it’d be an issue
I guess that’s fair, I’ve just struggled with doing it and people jumping or getting stuck in the corner too often but I guess I’ll work on that. I just miss the wake up system in X since it made things more interesting

I guess that’s fair, I’ve just struggled with doing it and people jumping or getting stuck in the corner too often but I guess I’ll work on that. I just miss the wake up system in X since it made things more interesting
Yeah, I’m okay with since I started having to think about how the opponent was gonna wake up or if they’d wake up at all. Then my opponents would start waking up differently on me, I liked the fact that everybody had a means of checking the other. Now I’m still very new to the game so if there is something that can’t really be checked as either he aggressor or defender then please correct me

I wish ranked was 2/3 instead of 3/5. doesn't even have to be 2/3 but at least make it endless battle like tekken. Very frequently i'm not getting the option to deny matches. I guess being able to deny every match was just exclusive to casuals because that's all that was in the beta. it doesn't take that long to find a match but the fact that there's no queue while you train is archaic. almost every fighter i can think of has it

• You can't do anything while you are searching for a match. Another big problem. People wouldn't care waiting 5 minutes for a game (with a proper mm system) if they can do other shit while searching, like practice mode, Krypt, or even the stupid time towers.
  • Default variations are different from tournament variation. Seriously WTF. I had to manually modify every single variation to match the ranked ones. Yes, it takes like 1 minute, but it's annoying as hell. Nobody at NRS notice this?
These two are especially mind boggling. In this day and age just about every game lets you matchmake while you train. It's a wonderful QOL feature and should absolutely be something they look into adding if at all possible.

For the variations, the only thing I can think of is that the decision to ditch variationless tournaments was made pretty late and after they'd "locked down" that code, so it's been pushed to a patch. I'm still shocked it's not a day one patch or something because shit's just silly.

A proper ranked season should start in a couple of weeks, the kombat league thing
Do we know anymore about this though? It’s starting the same day as combo breaker and I’m worried it’s some type on periodic online tournament.

FWIW, Derek alluded to a proper ranking mode with gamereactor months ago:

They should do a whole systems kombat kast going over stuff like how mm works and others like tot
I agree. Everytime they’ve asked for Kombat Kast Questions, I always asked about ranked mode and they always had just a general statement about them having a special announcement planned later for anything competitive, and nothing was discussed pre-launch other than the custom variations.

It’s shit like this and not talking about how the Krypt works that getting people upset because people tend to make assumptions, expecting the worst, myself included.

Byites

Wilson
An option to filter out wi-fi players would be fantastic. I should not have to play against players in a fighting game that do not have a wired internet connection.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So the ranked mode....Is there an option to actually accept matches when you're paired up? Or are u stuck with just being paired up with some random?

I thought they said we'd get a ranking system, I'm guessing that's what this locked mode is. @Circus an I were really excited for this, but it seems that it may not be what we initially thought it was going to be like.
Yeah, this is my biggest disappointment in the game really. Everyone bitching about the ToTs... I just want a proper ranked mode like what they alluded to.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
There's legit no reason to play rank right now. There is no system in place and the leaderboard only goes up to Top100. Especially this soon into MK11. I think the best online grind is Kasual Player or KOTH and this is where you can get the most benefits.

I'll just be chilling these modes until Kombat League

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
One thing I truly want in MK11's rank is a character rank system. Just like in USF4 you can see the top 100 Guile players. The top 100 Elena players.