What's new

Mk11 players on ps4 pad may have this terrible issue

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Let me start of by saying that the purpose of this thread is to bring this issue to light so that it may explain some of the inconsistencies some out there may feel when trying to execute mid match.

I am someone who is known for having some of the highest execution in any game i play. But for some reason in mk11 sometimes I find it hard to do a simple string. Ive finally found the reason and here it is.

This is really bad as even in training mode, the one safe zone from frustration for me, i cant complete a string. Now i am not someone who usually starts threads to just complain about something, and nor am I placing the blame solely on nrs as this is more a hardware+software issue. But I really hope nrs can remedy this or give us a way to disable analogs.
@colt

Wigy

There it is...
You know what's worse than inputs sometimes not coming out cause of your right stick drift (which mine has and might explain some things)

Left stick drift so I'm in the middle of a game and randomly start just jumping nonstop or teabagging faster than humanly possible

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I'm on Xbox, not PS4, so I can't comment on the controller hardware specifically, but I have similar input issues on Xbox for essentially everything (specials, normals, wakeup options, etc). I've labbed this and, similarly, I'm seeing the inputs going in but the game is "eating" them for one reason or another. I have no idea what to do about it but I'm on the verge of quitting the game.

I'm on Xbox, not PS4, so I can't comment on the controller hardware specifically, but I have similar input issues on Xbox for essentially everything (specials, normals, wakeup options, etc). I've labbed this and, similarly, I'm seeing the inputs going in but the game is "eating" them for one reason or another. I have no idea what to do about it but I'm on the verge of quitting the game.
Are you experiencing this with face buttons, or directional inputs? If directional inputs, it's likely the D-Pad on the Controller, which isn't the best for fighting games. I'd recommend the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One if this is the case.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Are you experiencing this with face buttons, or directional inputs? If directional inputs, it's likely the D-Pad on the Controller, which isn't the best for fighting games. I'd recommend the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One if this is the case.
Hiya! It's mostly directional inputs but like I mentioned, I've gone back and watched a ton of replays where I've had problems and seen the inputs appearing in the audit so it's an issue of the game dropping them rather than not actually receiving them. The stuff that really makes me nuts is super simple stuff like rolls not happening or wakeup attacks buffering somehow and turning into neutral jump kicks/punches.

Also for the record I'm using an Xbox elite controller which I find to be super robust for reliability. Is the fighting commander a controller or stick?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I was reading and saw on Destroyer's stream that there's also this PS4 glitch that randomly knocks you out and you get a lose on KL, this has not happened on the other platforms. But did not know of this issue as well. I don't have PS4 so I can't say but been hearing it has a few issues

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Great post dude this is the kind of shit that ruins the game for people, very concise and to the point as well. I'm on Xbox so I'm not sure I'ver ever encountered that issue but good on you for brining awareness to it

The Hori FC is nice controller, I used it for a tournament for Injustice 2 as an Xbox player and it worked grand, not the most comfortable or swaggy but does the job. I already had a Hori FC for Xbox, so it was an easy transition. But this brings me to a complaint of my own about NRS.

For whatever reason, the Hori FC on Xbox(or at least the version that I have) has face buttons for RB/RT and has its left shoulder buttons mapped to to L3/R3.(Whatever it's called when you click in the stick.) Unlike some other fighters, NRS does not allow you to remap L3 and R3. For Injustice 2 without a block button, this was usable, but for games with a block button like MK11, it becomes unwieldy. Soul Calibur 6 did not have this issue at all because it allows you to remap L3/R3. I once saw a bad review for the Hori FC because of the placement of the L3/R3 buttons and the person said the games they were playing were MKX and Injustice 2, not realizing other games do allow you to remap the buttons. A wacky choice by Hori, none the less.

NRS, allow us to remap L3/R3 like your competitors do, and while you are at it make sure they don't eat inputs when unmapped haha

Is the fighting commander a controller or stick?
It's a Controller.

For whatever reason, the Hori FC on Xbox(or at least the version that I have) has face buttons for RB/RT and has its left shoulder buttons mapped to to L3/R3.(Whatever it's called when you click in the stick.) Unlike some other fighters, NRS does not allow you to remap L3 and R3. For Injustice 2 without a block button, this was usable, but for games with a block button like MK11, it becomes unwieldy. Soul Calibur 6 did not have this issue at all because it allows you to remap L3/R3. I once saw a bad review for the Hori FC because of the placement of the L3/R3 buttons and the person said the games they were playing were MKX and Injustice 2, not realizing other games do allow you to remap the buttons. A wacky choice by Hori, none the less.
You're using the Xbox One version of the Fighting Commander, correct? If so, you can remap the Controls from the Controller itself. The instructions came with the Controller, and that's what I've done as I loathe the default six button layout. What you call L3 and R3 is actually LSB (Left Stick Button) and RSB (Right Stick Button), so I've remapped the Controller as follows:

X = LSB
Y = X
RB = Y
A = RSB
B = A
RT = B
LSB = LB
LB = RB
RSB = LT
LT = RT

Basically, I've remapped the Controller to a traditional Xbox One Controller Layout, and it works, and feels, great.

The Hori Fighting Commander for PlayStation 4, as I understand it, does not permit remapping from the Controller itself and has a Turbo feature instead.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow that sucks... I used a ds4 for the first 6 weeks of this game and never had this issue. Now I use stick.

Toruko61

Noob
i also bought the hori pad ps4 version, because u can use it with pc and ps4 (can´t stand the ds when playing with my cousins on their ps4).

it´s a really nice controller, except the shoulder buttons which feel like cheap ps1 shoulder buttons. still better than the triggers for wave dashing, i suppose.

unfortunately i have problems with back forward inputs as the press points of the dpad seem to be too close to each other compared to the xbox 1 controller.
and when i manage to input them correctly, it´s slower than with the xbox 1 controller.
should get better over time, i hope.

dial combos are definitely easier on it because of the flat and big buttons.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What do you find better about it specifically. As mentioned in my previous post I need a new pad
Well, I bought it because I have big hands. When I used the PS4 pad, I found myself sometimes pushing 2 buttons at the same time, and my right thumb would bump into the right analog stick. I also hated the triggers because they're spring loaded and have too much give. I like to just press a button and not worry about the amount of pressure applied. Also, having a 6 button face is nice, if you're into that.

After I got the Hori, my inputs became much cleaner, and my hands cramped less. Really worked out for me.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Never had this issue on Xbox controller, although my pad diagonal inputs had gotten really bad once and I had to buy a new controller.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Wow that explains a lot. When I run Frost I have dropped strings at times and if i was online in KL i thought it was lag or me screwing up (though lag can be a factor still) but the biggest time I’ll notice like yesterday is when I’m using scorpion and I’ll make opponents block something like a JIP or JIK for example and do 212 immediately after and it’ll do 2. Stop. 1. Then I get punished via uppercut or counter poked or something when I made the read and wanted to hit the “1” part of the string. It would irritate me since it dropped the string. I’ve lost a few matches because of it. Same with doing frosts 3,4,4. I notice it then too.

Least now I have an answer to my salty “wtf man why’s my s*** dropping” comments while playing