What's new

MK11 PC / STEAM version promised to catch up to 1.03 by next week

NRS/WBG is showing more transparency by offering us an insight into their nearest plans on updating all versions to 1.03 by next week latest.

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

• Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time
  • Updates to character move values
  • Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI
  • Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations
  • Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name
We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

• Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time
  • Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)
Update

• Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
  • Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
Source: https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022123394-Official-MK11-update

@HellblazerHawkman @STORMS @SaSSolino

Comments

It was an off the cuff Reddit comment made by a community rep:
u/WB_Will

Looking at the post history though, it may still be early this week and he just made a poor choice of words when making that specific post.

Really, most of the confusion comes from the original Friday patch notes that mistakenly listed the frame data changes which weren't actually added. That got a lot of people up in arms and skeptical of the information they're being given. At this point though, if we get it at all this week then I'm happy.
Fair enough, though yes, it's still "early" this week, and apparently the patch has been released on Steam. The same WB person on Reddit posted this.

And apparently the PC gets the update before the Xbox One.

Fair enough, though yes, it's still "early" this week, and apparently the patch has been released on Steam. The same WB person on Reddit posted this.

And apparently the PC gets the update before the Xbox One.
Well there you have it then. A lot of us are just paranoid about getting burned again on a poorly supported PC port really, so it's good to see the worry was for nothing.

Well there you have it then. A lot of us are just paranoid about getting burned again on a poorly supported PC port really, so it's good to see the worry was for nothing.
Good stuff man, and I get that too. QLOC is typically extremely good with their ports though, and the issues Mortal Kombat 11 has been having, in all honesty, are extremely minor compared to Mortal Kombat X. For me, I'm extending to QLOC the benefit of the doubt. In general, due to the patching and testing process, I'd expect when a patch releases on PlayStation 4, the PC version will get it about 3-ish business days later, give or take.

I am surprised the PC version is getting updated before the Xbox One though.

Overall, is it confirmed the PC version is now the same as the PlayStation 4 version, that we're all caught up on patching?

These kid gamer of the current generation are such fucking [losers.] So the patch is a week late... big fucking deal. What a bunch of cry baby scum. I wish you would all just stop playing MK and fuck off.
also it is a port.. not NRS.. so nrs needs to fix it.. the patch needs to go out.. the other studio need to look at it and get it working on the PC platform, there could be complications with that.. also, maybe they communicate with NRS and ask questions if something is not clear... there is always delays on ports.. it is life. Deal with it or stamp your foot like a 12 year old girl...
I would agree with you. But, it's a full priced game that's asking for more money from you. Half the time the game doesn't even work and it took a lot of maintenance just to run it on PC. The work I put in to make a product that I didn't make is silly by today's standards. Someone who isn't that into MK11 would give it 5 minutes and refund the game with the seal of, "It doesn't work. Like at all. Don't buy.".

I did all the RGB lights off thing, direct input off, big picture mode, and updating windows/graphics drivers. I don't mind. Someone who's new who's going to shell out money to keep the game alive and increase popularity. This is awful business practices and shows that NRS couldn't really give a single shit about any fan who doesn't want to buy a console. Which is a shame since PC market would be much larger.

@AeWhole Out of curiosity, what issue/set up challenges did you originally have getting the game to work? What are your system specs and what input device (Controller, mouse/keyboard) are you using?

@AeWhole Out of curiosity, what issue/set up challenges did you originally have getting the game to work? What are your system specs and what input device (Controller, mouse/keyboard) are you using?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 6756MB used, 5483MB available
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Dedicated Memory: 8080 MB
Shared Memory: 4071 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I play at 1920x1080 59 hz with low graphics settings.
I use a hitbox and I have an ASUS monitor with 144hz refresh rate the one they use to use at EVO before the BENQ deal.

The main problem was the keyboard and mouse peripherals were set to light up and be controlled by the game. Like when you get FATAL BLOW your keyboard is supposed to light up and shit like that. Instead it crashes the game. Editing the INI files was easy but, a common consumer isn't going to know about that kind of stuff. Then game data corrupted. Reinstall through steam no biggie. This kept happening though. Each time verifying wouldn't actually fix it for more than an hour or so. Then I had to find out about the direct input thing. There was a weird input lag slo mo shit that was happening when I had my hitbox plugged in.

The patches fixed a lot of my problems. I haven't crashed since the second patch. I am happy but, damn still missed opportunities for new PC players. (side note balance patches were not out the first week so... RIP online that week. Jax tick throws were INSANE)

Last edited:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 6756MB used, 5483MB available
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Dedicated Memory: 8080 MB
Shared Memory: 4071 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I play at 1920x1080 59 hz with low graphics settings.
I use a hitbox and I have an ASUS monitor with 144hz refresh rate the one they use to use at EVO before the BENQ deal.

The main problem was the keyboard and mouse peripherals were set to light up and be controlled by the game. Like when you get FATAL BLOW your keyboard is supposed to light up and shit like that. Instead it crashes the game. Editing the INI files was easy but, a common consumer isn't going to know about that kind of stuff. Then game data corrupted. Reinstall through steam no biggie. This kept happening though. Each time verifying wouldn't actually fix it for more than an hour or so. Then I had to find out about the direct input thing. There was a weird input lag slo mo shit that was happening when I had my hitbox plugged in.

The patches fixed a lot of my problems. I haven't crashed since the second patch. I am happy but, damn still missed opportunities for new PC players. (side note balance patches were not out the first week so... RIP online that week. Jax tick throws were INSANE)
Wow man, that's actually a lot of stuff you had to go through. I also play at 1920x1080 though a 60 FPS. Your system is a bit better than mine. Mine is:

• Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX GeForce 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G
  • Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One Controller
I'm playing on max settings, save for Motion Blur which I disable as I'm not a fan, and everything has been playing great for me from day 1. You should be able to up your settings without issue.

Are you using the latest drivers from nVidia, which add proper support for the game? They were released on the game's launch day.

I've also seen lots of people who are using DualShock 4 Controllers having lots and lots of crash issues; the game does not seem to like that Controller. I'm wondering if there's an issue with your Hitbox as well for the game. I am glad your performance has improved greatly since the latest patch.

For the keyboard and mouse lighting effects, my hardware doesn't have that so I disabled it all anyway. Even if it did have it I'd disable it as I'd find something like that distracting myself, but that's just me.

Wow man, that's actually a lot of stuff you had to go through. I also play at 1920x1080 though a 60 FPS. Your system is a bit better than mine. Mine is:

• Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX GeForce 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G
  • Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One Controller
I'm playing on max settings, save for Motion Blur which I disable as I'm not a fan, and everything has been playing great for me from day 1. You should be able to up your settings without issue.

Are you using the latest drivers from nVidia, which add proper support for the game? They were released on the game's launch day.

I've also seen lots of people who are using DualShock 4 Controllers having lots and lots of crash issues; the game does not seem to like that Controller. I'm wondering if there's an issue with your Hitbox as well for the game. I am glad your performance has improved greatly since the latest patch.

For the keyboard and mouse lighting effects, my hardware doesn't have that so I disabled it all anyway. Even if it did have it I'd disable it as I'd find something like that distracting myself, but that's just me.
Ya, I updated the drivers. I went full IT support to get the game to work. This honestly is a good thread that I'll be watching if anyone has problems. I had to do some silly shit for the game data corrupt thing same thing happened to me for CS:GO way back when.

Ya, I updated the drivers. I went full IT support to get the game to work. This honestly is a good thread that I'll be watching if anyone has problems. I had to do some silly shit for the game data corrupt thing same thing happened to me for CS:GO way back when.
Good stuff man. Yeah, some of the things you went through are pretty crazy. There's a main PC thread actually, that you can check out here if you'd like.