What's new

MK11 PC / STEAM version promised to catch up to 1.03 by next week

NRS/WBG is showing more transparency by offering us an insight into their nearest plans on updating all versions to 1.03 by next week latest.

For PC, we have two patches in progress. We’re aiming to have the first patch in the series released in the next day or two. This patch will include:

• Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time
  • Updates to character move values
  • Overall improvements to stability, including crash fixes in menus and navigating UI
  • Fixed a problem where the game would not load using certain keyboard configurations
  • Fixed a problem where the game would not load due to non-English characters in the Windows user name
We’re aiming to release the next patch in the series early next week. This patch will include:

• Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time
  • Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)
Update

• Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
  • Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
Source: https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022123394-Official-MK11-update

@HellblazerHawkman @STORMS @SaSSolino

Comments

I could give 2 fucks. It's not fair for a switch user or PC user to have delay patches. Wtf was the point of hiring another company to handle these ports. Ots really kinda stupid and sad. WB GAMES got mad $ a patch is free now yet we thirsty for what. No excuses fix this shit (sorry for being an asshole but I didnt buy stuff saying when its ready or excuses)

I could give 2 fucks. It's not fair for a switch user or PC user to have delay patches. Wtf was the point of hiring another company to handle these ports. Ots really kinda stupid and sad. WB GAMES got mad $ a patch is free now yet we thirsty for what. No excuses fix this shit (sorry for being an asshole but I didnt buy stuff saying when its ready or excuses)
A week later is fine by me, I have other shit to do anyway.
And remember:
They could always just wait until July like in 2015.

The problem here is that this update they gave is entirely false. The first patch they are mentioning for PC was on Friday, and contrary to the patch notes, it did not have the character balance changes that consoles got Day 1 or the ToT modifier changes.

So, in damage control mode last Friday, the devs made a sticky post on Steam along the lines of "oh...well, it's a two step process. We released the patch notes and small patch today, but the patch with the listed changes that were for today's patch comes out early next week."

Umm....okaaaay?

And now, just today, they are on Reddit saying that the patch comes "later this week."

tl;dr The communication between the devs and PC community is complete chaos, the patch notes have been entirely wrong, and we have been given multiple conflicting ETAs and we don't know which to believe.

The problem here is that this update they gave is entirely false. The first patch they are mentioning for PC was on Friday, and contrary to the patch notes, it did not have the character balance changes that consoles got Day 1 or the ToT modifier changes.

So, in damage control mode last Friday, the devs made a sticky post on Steam along the lines of "oh...well, it's a two step process. We released the patch notes and small patch today, but the patch with the listed changes that were for today's patch comes out early next week."

Umm....okaaaay?

And now, just today, they are on Reddit saying that the patch comes "later this week."

tl;dr The communication between the devs and PC community is complete chaos, the patch notes have been entirely wrong, and we have been given multiple conflicting ETAs and we don't know which to believe.
I'd like to believe the "next week" and it sounds fairly reasonable for a timeframe

I'd like to believe the "next week" and it sounds fairly reasonable for a timeframe
This post was from Friday the 26th. When it says "early next week," that means Monday or Tuesday, as in today or tomorrow. And seeing as they just made a post on Reddit that we can expect the changes later this week, they've already missed the ETA they quoted us.

This post was from Friday the 26th. When it says "early next week," that means Monday or Tuesday, as in today or tomorrow. And seeing as they just made a post on Reddit that we can expect the changes later this week, they've already missed the ETA they quoted us.
I'm happy we're even getting any news.
But yeah hunting these posts down is fucking atrocious.
How hard would it be to stick to ONE MEDIUM and keep it updated consistently lol.

Oh wait, I've been doing that for over a decade.
Not hard at all.

This whole situation is unacceptable. I can look past the fuck up this time, but this better not happen again. Also, I think PC and Switch players should recieve extra kompensation for this shitshow

For the PC version, the first patch mentioned in the above was released last Friday. The second patch should be coming any day now.

From past experience with QLOC and with Mortal Kombat XL, I'd expect the PC version to be behind the primary console patching by about three or so business days each time a patch is released.

While not ideal, in all honesty, that's not bad at all. A few days isn't going to break the world, and considering NetherRealm Studios pushes the primary consoles patches as soon as they can, and then QLOC needs to incorporate it into the PC version and of course test it, that's a pretty realistic turnaround.

There's still no question that the PC version of Mortal Kombat 11 and it's launch is night and day compared to the Mortal Kombat X launch under High Voltage Software. Mortal Kombat X was truly broken game on launch (and I mean truly broken, not the average internet posters version of "broken"), weeks to a month to get patches, patches that actually deleted unlocked content from users, etc.

@GLoRToR For the most recent PC-related news for the game, best to check the Steam Community Forum for stickied threads from QLOC.

I would cut NRS some slack there since this is the 1st urgent updates post-release, Most of the changes wasn't even planned but implemented based on public demands. We have every right to be mad should this turn into a pattern with upcoming patches and updates, but when they get super responsive reassuring everyone that our update will only be one week later than consoles, I'd urge we don't go waving our pitchforks just yet.

These kid gamer of the current generation are such fucking loosers. So the patch is a week late... big fucking deal. What a bunch of cry baby scum. I wish you would all just stop playing MK and fuck off.

These kid gamer of the current generation are such fucking loosers. So the patch is a week late... big fucking deal. What a bunch of cry baby scum. I wish you would all just stop playing MK and fuck off.
With no do respect please fuck off.

Umm....okaaaay?

I know this is going to fall entirely on deaf ears, but you do know they actually need time to FIX the game, right? Like, its not as if the fix just magically happens the second we report it and they sit on it cause they thinks its funny.

also it is a port.. not NRS.. so nrs needs to fix it.. the patch needs to go out.. the other studio need to look at it and get it working on the PC platform, there could be complications with that.. also, maybe they communicate with NRS and ask questions if something is not clear... there is always delays on ports.. it is life. Deal with it or stamp your foot like a 12 year old girl...

I know this is going to fall entirely on deaf ears, but you do know they actually need time to FIX the game, right? Like, its not as if the fix just magically happens the second we report it and they sit on it cause they thinks its funny.
That's not the issue. I'm actually fine waiting for there to be parity between systems; I'm not really in a hurry (though there may be some PC players who go to tourneys out there who are, because they're playing an outdated version of the game). My problem is that they released a patch on Friday that came with patchnotes that said it added the the Day 1 framedata changes, but it didn't. Then after a period of silence, they made a post saying that it would be added early the following week. Then that came, and then so did another post saying that it would come later this week.

I simply want them to pick a time that they are going to put the Day 1 frame data changes on PC and actually stick to it, whenever that time may be.

also it is a port.. not NRS.. so nrs needs to fix it.. the patch needs to go out.. the other studio need to look at it and get it working on the PC platform, there could be complications with that.. also, maybe they communicate with NRS and ask questions if something is not clear... there is always delays on ports.. it is life. Deal with it or stamp your foot like a 12 year old girl...
I would agree with you in general, but a day 1 patch should be on day 1.

Also, there are some huge bugs causing desyncs and crashes which should not have been there at launch. Many of us paid up to 100$ for this game and for a lot of people it just doesn't function well.

I would agree with you in general, but a day 1 patch should be on day 1.

Also, there are some huge bugs causing desyncs and crashes which should not have been there at launch. Many of us paid up to 100$ for this game and for a lot of people it just doesn't function well.
THIS is the primary problem. PC paid the same price as every other platform but is getting the short end of the stick. PC is already subject to waiting until the steam release at 1pm after the other platforms have had access for 13 hours. The day 1 patch completely changes the gameplay for a lot of characters, hence making much of the time in the training room a waste until it's come out. They should give PC players an extra 50k coins or something to make up for this garbage...

@TheJaquio There actually wasn't another message from QLOC, not this week that I'm aware of. The last official word was last week, with them saying the Thank You Gift and remaining balance and difficulty changes (as of that time at least) would be coming early this week. It's still early this week, so we'll see.

@diLLa88 Unless that day one patch was actually rushed out the gate around day one. They still time then to test and get it working for another version of the game.

I do agree, it would be better and great if all the patches for all the versions could be released on the same day, but that's just not reality. Heck, even the primary developer working on the two primary versions of the game can't get the latest patch out to both of those platforms at the same time (I'm specifically referring to the Xbox One version).

And overall, the PC version does play extremely well. Anyone saying otherwise clearly never played the PC version of Mortal Kombat X at launch, and clearly doesn't remember the long delay and botched patches from that port (one patch resetting everyone's unlock progress was a huge problem).

The patch(es) will come, and they'll come soon.

@TheJaquio There actually wasn't another message from QLOC, not this week that I'm aware of. The last official word was last week, with them saying the Thank You Gift and remaining balance and difficulty changes (as of that time at least) would be coming early this week. It's still early this week, so we'll see.

@diLLa88 Unless that day one patch was actually rushed out the gate around day one. They still time then to test and get it working for another version of the game.

I do agree, it would be better and great if all the patches for all the versions could be released on the same day, but that's just not reality. Heck, even the primary developer working on the two primary versions of the game can't get the latest patch out to both of those platforms at the same time (I'm specifically referring to the Xbox One version).

And overall, the PC version does play extremely well. Anyone saying otherwise clearly never played the PC version of Mortal Kombat X at launch, and clearly doesn't remember the long delay and botched patches from that port (one patch resetting everyone's unlock progress was a huge problem).

The patch(es) will come, and they'll come soon.
It was an off the cuff Reddit comment made by a community rep:
u/WB_Will

Looking at the post history though, it may still be early this week and he just made a poor choice of words when making that specific post.

Really, most of the confusion comes from the original Friday patch notes that mistakenly listed the frame data changes which weren't actually added. That got a lot of people up in arms and skeptical of the information they're being given. At this point though, if we get it at all this week then I'm happy.