What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Wigy

There it is...
His forceballs seems like a good zoning tool now but I just hate they went with this lazy ass design.

yeah third variation is whack, Show Stopper still the best though. Probably can keep this variation for hard zoning MUs and that's it. Too early to tell but the loss of KBs and reliable forceballs is not good.
Now we have your approval to bitch now right? So you see what the fuck we were talking about. Nrs hates our fucking guts, and Sonicfox propaganda worked, he never cared for cage. He was just making sure didn't become a problem for his real main. Sad, real REAL sad. Rip

F in the chat for Johnny players.

heildan

NANI?!
In this video I was a bit slow. But you can throw or hop people just as it ends. Also, if they front roll, they get just back in the corner.

Their only option is to block (riskying getting thrown) or do a Getup 3 (ground one), since anything can get beat by Rising Star (can be amplified on block anyway).

The concept as it follows is
121 LowForceball MB ~ 2 2 2 2 ~ 121 Rising Star (does 40% the sideswitch).
If you do (2 2 1) instead of (2 2 2 2) you don't sideswitch.

Since it begins by using 121 you can do it after jailing from d1, or go for 124 just in case it gets blocked.

In addition, you get enough time to crossup j2 if you feel like it.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
In this video I was a bit slow. But you can throw or hop people just as it ends. Also, if they front roll, they get just back in the corner.
Their only option is to block (riskying getting thrown) or do a Getup 3 (ground one), since anything can get beat by Rising Star (can be amplified on block anyway).

The concept as it follows is
121 LowForceball MB ~ 2 2 2 2 ~ 121 Rising Star (does 40% the sideswitch).
If you do (2 2 2 1) instead of (2 2 2 2) you don't sideswitch.

In addition, you get enough time to crossup j2 if you feel like it.
Losing his KBs is a problem, no question, but those were already situational, plus the AMP Rising Star is making me want to try this variation.

As of right now, there's really no reason to pick Shock Jock, unless you want to have Nutpunch and the regular Forceballs.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well this is the patch, another one won't be coming out for at least three months.

Sonic trolling on twitter with all NRS staff following and taking everything as a moses tablet sealed the deal for this character forever.

There is no way NRS will understand the problems and the fact we have a working character only for half the roster.

I for one enjoy when my character works completely and it's still fun to play, but I am literally tired of the Cassie/Sonya counterpicks.

I tried to give it one last chance yesterday, reinstalled and played ranked.

Out of 6 matches 4 were Cassie picks and one Sonya, and they all wallback crouch poke spammed. I know we're pushing to be positive here and post tech WHEN it works, but what's the use, when I'm reduced to d4/ throw the entire match.

Sure, You can get wins that way, but is that really fun? I could d4 throw with random select, what's the point.

Quit.

heildan

NANI?!
Losing his KBs is a problem, no question, but those were already situational, plus the AMP Rising Star is making me want to try this variation.

As of right now, there's really no reason to pick Shock Jock, unless you want to have Nutpunch and the regular Forceballs.
Yeah, I dunno.
I must admit Outtake has some sort of potential tho.

At first glance it seems so basic, but lets take our time to see what can be done.
I liked this sideswitch thing since its so fast and it messes players inputs (they must do the opposite inputs for a special moves or rolls, for example). This sort of thing confuses people up if they don't pay attention to what is happening, which suits my playstyle.

Outtake also have pretty good damage in the corner for one bar.

Outtake feels lifeless stiff boring uninspired and unplayable. If the mid fireballs were actually mid for 70% percent of the screen instead of 30% i wouldn't be so fucking pissed off and bored. Like johnny is a mid ranged footsie why they fuck does he have full screen projectiles that feel tacked on and awkward? This variation feels sloopy and unnecessary, the only reason this variation has even 1% viability is because i can now punish those full screen jumping bean emerald defender jades with high fireball... But that's it. This variation would've been much better if johnny had straight mid and high forceballs because now i have no mid screen checks, i can't shimmy Fireball anymore because now it just completely whiffs over every character crouch blocking. How these strange ass fireballs help johnny is beyond me. They don't compliment B3 F4 F3 or... Fucking anything. Again if these forceballs were mid for about 70% percent of the screen i could do my shit, but now i have an inability to do so. Can't shimmy wave dash from full screen can you? Utterly fucking useless.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Yeah, I dunno.
I must admit Outtake has some sort of potential tho.

At first glance it seems so basic, but lets take our time to see what can be done.
I liked this sideswitch thing since its so fast and it messes players inputs (they must do the opposite inputs for a special moves or rolls, for example). This sort of thing confuses people up if they don't pay attention to what is happening, which suits my playstyle.

Outtake also have pretty good damage in the corner for one bar.
Well Tweedy declared this variation is his pick for #1 in the game lul

D

Deleted member 35141

So does the high projectile help against the characters with air projectiles

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Outtake feels lifeless stiff boring uninspired and unplayable. If the mid fireballs were actually mid for 70% percent of the screen instead of 30% i wouldn't be so fucking pissed off and bored. Like johnny is a mid ranged footsie why they fuck does he have full screen projectiles that feel tacked on and awkward? This variation feels sloopy and unnecessary, the only reason this variation has even 1% viability is because i can now punish those full screen jumping bean emerald defender jades with high fireball... But that's it. This variation would've been much better if johnny had straight mid and high forceballs because now i have no mid screen checks, i can't shimmy Fireball anymore because now it just completely whiffs over every character crouch blocking. How these strange ass fireballs help johnny is beyond me. They don't compliment B3 F4 F3 or... Fucking anything. Again if these forceballs were mid for about 70% percent of the screen i could do my shit, but now i have an inability to do so. Can't shimmy wave dash from full screen can you? Utterly fucking useless.
It could just be my programming, but I'm used to using forceball as a check in the neutral, or opponent backdask/backwalk after landing 124/34U3. I found myself standing there going....What do I do?

The forceballs are fucking fast though. I was falling back a lot, even with a life deficit just to throw a ton of them and people legit had issues moving back in. Played against a Sub Zero that just could NOT get his ice ball out fast enough to counter it. That was pretty cool. Nightwolf gave no fucks though...

Check out some of the new combo videos being posted. The 2 bar damage is pretty huge.

It could just be my programming, but I'm used to using forceball as a check in the neutral, or opponent backdask/backwalk after landing 124/34U3. I found myself standing there going....What do I do?

The forceballs are fucking fast though. I was falling back a lot, even with a life deficit just to throw a ton of them and people legit had issues moving back in. Played against a Sub Zero that just could NOT get his ice ball out fast enough to counter it. That was pretty cool. Nightwolf gave no fucks though...

Check out some of the new combo videos being posted. The 2 bar damage is pretty huge.
Where could I find these videos I would very much like to see them